Oak Ridge vs. Jefferson County

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, we cannot stop anyone with a consistant running game, and Jeff Co. does nothing but as usual. This may be a problem...

Kat, what's your #? call me...661-0543.

This whole team better find some heart, grit, and then the swagger will return - they haven't found out that it takes HARD WORK to earn that swagger. All wildcat football alumni know this....

I don't ever do this, but I will to make a point...

OR 28

JC 21

Get it together 'cats!

you know I'll support the Wildcats either way!

guys, we cannot stop anyone with a consistant running game, and Jeff Co. does nothing but as usual. This may be a problem...

Kat, what's your #? call me...661-0543.

This whole team better find some heart, grit, and then the swagger will return - they haven't found out that it takes HARD WORK to earn that swagger. All wildcat football alumni know this....

I don't ever do this, but I will to make a point...

OR 28

JC 21

Get it together 'cats!

you know I'll support the Wildcats either way!

I was at the DB/JC game Friday night and even with there stud rb #13, JC was not that great on offense. Some big kids no doubt but the offense is very one dimensional. Then McFall went down and they were no dimensional. I am biased of course and think DB has a great D, but Jeff Co has no offensive imagination and #13 is not playing this Friday so they need an answer quick. The Pats never threatened and if they put up 21 at the Ship, then OR is definately in a world of hurt this year. I don't mean to disrespect the JC program because I have seen some great teams and games in Kingsport, but they are not that program of old. Good luck to both teams.

Kat,

Howz the "Rule of Six" look to you for this lineup? Looks like JC is bringing some big kids, we need to be fleet-footed for sure.

On another note, CoachT received a 5% reliability rating on Crunchtime last night...

Cats- 21

Pats-10

How about putting that other quarterback in early to see if he can get something going? Now don't bash me because i'm not downing the starter at all. I just know coaches at the next level sometimes do that to give and offense a little spark.

I was at the DB/JC game Friday night and even with there stud rb #13, JC was not that great on offense. Some big kids no doubt but the offense is very one dimensional. Then McFall went down and they were no dimensional. I am biased of course and think DB has a great D, but Jeff Co has no offensive imagination and #13 is not playing this Friday so they need an answer quick. The Pats never threatened and if they put up 21 at the Ship, then OR is definately in a world of hurt this year. I don't mean to disrespect the JC program because I have seen some great teams and games in Kingsport, but they are not that program of old. Good luck to both teams.

Something Jeff County fans have echoed all season, we don`t have many weapons on offense and we`re not fully using the ones we do have. In truth the offense has been putrid for 3 years, we just had players that could make up for the lack of great play calling with talent.

Edited by JC4life

Unfortunately, that's pretty much accurate. I think McFall is a great kid, he's very tough and takes a lot of punishment before going down, but he's overused and that's why he's getting hurt so much. Same story for our QB, Gatlin, who will also eventually be hurt again due to running the QB option/draw 80 times a game when McFall isn't in there. McFall looks great when we play 3A schools or other programs that are struggling to build up and just aren't competitive yet, but he's yet to look good against any formidable 5A opponent and even against some 4A teams. It's a little bit size, a lot of bad play calling.

Our first touchdown of the year was a beautiful pass play to the TE. Have we run it since? No. We throw the ball on average about once every other game to the TE. We never use our 6'5" WR either.

Jeff Co has athletes, we just don't use them. Move some folks around, get a RB in there. We have good sophomores, plus Zach Long and Nick Sherod, all of whom could fill in at RB. Instead we'll put a sophomore in there at tailback and either hand it to the fullback for 1 or 2 yards or do a QB draw for the same, then punt. We don't throw the ball because our best passer doesn't start and they don't run slants but maybe once a game. Instead we throw low percentage fade routes.

As good as this game could be, unless they make some offensive changes, it'll be another route. That's sad given how dominant some of these kids were at the middle school levels and then they work their way up to a high school program that is still faltering.

I know Coach is trying, but sooner or later he's going to have to open up the playbook and be willing to change a little. The talent is there, use it.

As for our O-line, yes they have some size and they run block very well. Their pass blocking however, is below average at best. It needs to improve. We also need less kids playing both sides of the ball, McFall in particular doesn't need to be playing D if he's going to be used so much on offense.

And Sherod, who was projected to be our best player this year, isn't playing hard enough on every down. He seems to miraculously play better when the other team subs in it's 2nd and 3rd strings. We'll prolly get a TD at that point in the game from Sherod. Nick, if you see this, you're a great athlete, but you have to play hard for 4 quarters, not just 1 at the end. Run hard on all kickoff returns, not just against the 3rd stringers. What happened to the fearless play you showed last year that had everyone excited about this season? I hope you find it again.

All pretty standard stuff that most in the Jeff Co area know. Good luck to both teams, I hope Jeff Co can pull off the upset, but I don't think OR has much to worry about unless we made some major changes this past week.

My prediction

OR 34

JC 7

Edited by billiard13