Houston, Wooddale, and White Station

SCN08FearTheSpear

ok, so i've seen houston play a few games and they are not that great of a team, Matt Gilbert the running back is the only player on that team that is any good. As for the rest of the region, Whitstation, GTown and Wooddale are the 2 best teams by far, and whoever said that this region is the toughest in the state is a complete moron, b/c Wooddale hasn't done nething untill the last few years or so, GTown has been the dominant team year in a year out until about 2 years ago, and Whitestation went from a string of losing seasons untill 3 years ago, Whitehaven has been consistantly mediocre as well. Untill the last few years, this region has not been worth a darn w/ the exception of GTown. None of these teams play consistently year in a year out, i bet GTown or Whitestation win the region, the other coming in second, Wooddale 3rd, and houston loses to Gtown, WStation, Wooddale, and WHaven and ends up in 5th behind Whitehaven

I'm one of the poeple who said that region 8-5A is the toughest in the state, and I stand by it. I take offense to the moron name calling. You may not agree ... that is your perrogative ... but to label me a moron is straight out wrong. I know you think the DII-3A region/division is better, I don't. My opinion. It doesn't make me a moron. I know the game of football the same as you. Come with your opinion and some good dialogue ... thats welcome anytime ... calling people morons and what not is not welcome. You want to debate and state your opinion ... go right ahead. Leave the name calling crap to the kindergaten children.

Peace!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the poeple who said that region 8-5A is the toughest in the state, and I stand by it. I take offense to the moron name calling. You may not agree ... that is your perrogative ... but to label me a moron is straight out wrong. I know you think the DII-3A region/division is better, I don't. My opinion. It doesn't make me a moron. I know the game of football the same as you. Come with your opinion and some good dialogue ... thats welcome anytime ... calling people morons and what not is not welcome. You want to debate and state your opinion ... go right ahead. Leave the name calling crap to the kindergaten children.

Peace!

Way to defend W. Tn football guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

The amazing thing is we don't comment on the teams in E. Tn because we don't see them. I guess we have a lot of visitors from E. Tn on friday and just don't know it.

This board WILL BE HOT during the playoffs.

BG

ok, so i've seen houston play a few games and they are not that great of a team, Matt Gilbert the running back is the only player on that team that is any good. As for the rest of the region, Whitstation, GTown and Wooddale are the 2 best teams by far, and whoever said that this region is the toughest in the state is a complete moron, b/c Wooddale hasn't done nething untill the last few years or so, GTown has been the dominant team year in a year out until about 2 years ago, and Whitestation went from a string of losing seasons untill 3 years ago, Whitehaven has been consistantly mediocre as well. Untill the last few years, this region has not been worth a darn w/ the exception of GTown. None of these teams play consistently year in a year out, i bet GTown or Whitestation win the region, the other coming in second, Wooddale 3rd, and houston loses to Gtown, WStation, Wooddale, and WHaven and ends up in 5th behind Whitehaven

Didn't you just name 6 teams for four(4) play-off spots???? That's tuff, last year C/ville wins last game and they are #1, lost the game and didn't make it to week 11,,,, THAT'S REAL TUFF. No one is talking about the last 5/10 years, we are talking about this year.

As far as R/way, we don't need a real good qb. just a fair one. Cooley didn't pass enough to suit me when he had Will, he sure isn't going to air it out now. We could take the qb. from Bolton and play for the title, but we most likely won't get out of Memphis running a goal line offence for the whole game.

In all fairness to this qb., he was 2nd team JV, 3rd team var. last year. Meaning he didn't have alot of snaps. Add that to the fact that he saw what happened to the Qb's knee. Thats alot of stuff to put on a kid who knew he wasn't good enough to play the position in the first place and found himself another spot on the field so he could play.

There are several ways to spread the defense. Cooley has 2 weeks, I'm sure he will come up with something. Two years ago we were 0-4 and he pulled a rabbit out of the hat. This being his last year at Ridgeway, I'm betting he has a few more rabbit's in that hat.............I sure hope he does........................

CBHSfootball60, I see that you are a purple wave fan. First, what is it about your league that says consistant. YOur state champion team (MUS) has only been good within the last 2 years, I can recently remember my WHitehaven team just manhandling MUS when we played them (ex. Bridges Classic) two or three years straight. Second, ECS and Briarcrest are very much averge or below average. Briarcrest suffers a defeat every time they are in the classic. The only teams that have been CONSISTANTLY good are Brentwood Ac., MBA, and your team CBHS. I have seen CBHS play this year, and I have seen Wooddale, WHite STation, and G-town play this year. I can honestly say that CBHS can NOT beat any of the three. I can say that with confidence. I have said this and I will say this again, if you are not South Panola or HOOVER, Ala. you will not come in and dominate year in and year out. THis league's coaching will not allow it. Also, what is with the private schools and their playoff system-Come to 5A and get taught a lesson on playoff competion.

lasal2000 before you start banging on BCS and ECS, how many state titles you got at Whitehaven in football? Now if you have issue's with someone, take it up with them, I don't see anyone on this board banging on the very average program at Whitehaven that has not gone to the play-offs in how many years?

maniack...D-II and D-I are both totally different animals...you have a total of 7 or 8 teams in the entire state that are eligible for the state championship, but in 5A there are a total of 61 teams trying to achieve the same goal...you tell me who has better chances. so dont go pound on a team in 5A with no state championships b/c there are 60 other teams looking to knock them off. especially when you only have 7 or 8 total teams in your entire division (and when bcs and ecs both won their championships in DII-AA).

maniack...D-II and D-I are both totally different animals...you have a total of 7 or 8 teams in the entire state that are eligible for the state championship, but in 5A there are a total of 61 teams trying to achieve the same goal...you tell me who has better chances. so dont go pound on a team in 5A with no state championships b/c there are 60 other teams looking to knock them off. especially when you only have 7 or 8 total teams in your entire division (and when bcs and ecs both won their championships in DII-AA).

I certainly appreciate the rough road that the Memphis teams must go thru to get to the play-offs and especially the 5A & 4A Regions. I live in Memphis and graduated from Wooddale back in the 70's, so I still make many games around town. But before you throw stones as did the previous post make sure you have your house in order. I pull for anyone from the West side of the state. Good luck for the remainder of the season because I would like to see John/Coach get a State Championship this season for his retirement.

lasal2000 before you start banging on BCS and ECS, how many state titles you got at Whitehaven in football? Now if you have issue's with someone, take it up with them, I don't see anyone on this board banging on the very average program at Whitehaven that has not gone to the play-offs in how many years?

Ouch, that was a low blow. Maniack 30, I have nothing against those schools, I was just defending our position as a legitamate league. As far as us not making it into the playoffs, there are 6 good teams competing for 4 playoff spots. We get some of the best talent in the state. Regretfully, we are STILL going through a coaching transition.

CBHSfootball60, I see that you are a purple wave fan. First, what is it about your league that says consistant. YOur state champion team (MUS) has only been good within the last 2 years, I can recently remember my WHitehaven team just manhandling MUS when we played them (ex. Bridges Classic) two or three years straight. Second, ECS and Briarcrest are very much averge or below average. Briarcrest suffers a defeat every time they are in the classic. The only teams that have been CONSISTANTLY good are Brentwood Ac., MBA, and your team CBHS. I have seen CBHS play this year, and I have seen Wooddale, WHite STation, and G-town play this year. I can honestly say that CBHS can NOT beat any of the three. I can say that with confidence. I have said this and I will say this again, if you are not South Panola or HOOVER, Ala. you will not come in and dominate year in and year out. THis league's coaching will not allow it. Also, what is with the private schools and their playoff system-Come to 5A and get taught a lesson on playoff competion.

what is it about your league that stays consistent? I've played teams in that region, i am not jus a cbhs fan, i'm an alum that recently graduated. As it stands i have not lost to a single 5a school in my entire highschool career. We've beaten Whitehaven twice, Whitestation once, GTown twice, Melrose twice(i know they are not in the region or class), East twice (same as applies to Melrose). Up untill 2 or 3 years ago, MUS was a solid program, and the last couple of years they've returned to a solid program. Brentwood Acad, and MBA especially have been very consistent and MBA had a steak of about 4 years with a nationally ranked team that had talent such as Ingle Martin on those teams. As far as 6 teams trying to make 4 playoff spots, I don't know much about how the playoffs work in that league, but is that 4 playoff spots from your region?? B/c if that is the case, it is the same way in our league its jus we don't have many teams in our division. I played in the D-I league during the playoffs and the first 3 games are joke games playing teams that have records like 4-6 (2-3 in the region) so i'd like to say i have a working knowledge on how "difficult" it is to go to the state championship in D-I, u have no idea on the other hand on how difficult it is to go through the playoffs in D-II, none of your teams play any tough teams besides the ones in your region (except for GTown b/c they play SP and they are exceptional). Woodale, Whitestation, and Whitehave play relatively hard schedules, however Houston, Bolton and whatever other teams are in there do not at all. And excuse me for the name calling, i apologize for offending you, but i do not think that this region is the hardest in the state. Given the caliber of these teams (great GTown team, pretty good Woodale and Whitestation teams but not so great whitehaven, houston, and bolton teams), i believe there are a few other regions in other parts of the state that are much better and a lil bit tougher, especially since a good deal of the high caliber public school teams are and around middle tn

Ouch, that was a low blow. Maniack 30, I have nothing against those schools, I was just defending our position as a legitamate league. As far as us not making it into the playoffs, there are 6 good teams competing for 4 playoff spots. We get some of the best talent in the state. Regretfully, we are STILL going through a coaching transition.

lasal200 Not trying to make a low blow, I certainly understand the coaching transition thing and wish you and your team the best of luck the remainder of the year.

Ridgeway is coming out of this area come playoff time. Will Hudgens had one of the best arms in TN when he was there and they still only threw the ball 5 times a game. They have the same game plan as the Pittsburgh Steelers. They play smash mouth football on Offense where they run about 90 % of the time to control the clock. Then they just shut down teams from the defensive side of the ball. Now they are going to have to pass some to keep 9 men out of the box, but people are making too much out of the starting QB being gone. And News Flash, PAPAWOFBOO, Ridgeway has been running the same offense for years and have been one of the more successful teams in the city. How dare you come on here and criticize a player from a team that you seem to be pulling for. You make it sound like Cooley picked a kid up off the street to play QB. Ridgeway will be fine. They have a great defense, running back, and offensive line. I see them doing well come state time.

Ridgeway is coming out of this area come playoff time. Will Hudgens had one of the best arms in TN when he was there and they still only threw the ball 5 times a game. They have the same game plan as the Pittsburgh Steelers. They play smash mouth football on Offense where they run about 90 % of the time to control the clock. Then they just shut down teams from the defensive side of the ball. Now they are going to have to pass some to keep 9 men out of the box, but people are making too much out of the starting QB being gone. And News Flash, PAPAWOFBOO, Ridgeway has been running the same offense for years and have been one of the more successful teams in the city. How dare you come on here and criticize a player from a team that you seem to be pulling for. You make it sound like Cooley picked a kid up off the street to play QB. Ridgeway will be fine. They have a great defense, running back, and offensive line. I see them doing well come state time.

Well said Sherdog...the kid playing QB now was the 2nd/3rd string QB last year and saw very limited time at QB b/c he also played tight end...the coaches will give him enough resources to do enough to get the win...and really what he needs to know how to do best is hand off to #32 and he will be ok...just complete one every once in a while and we will be straight...this kid can do the job if he has the time from the O-Line.

Edited by rhsplaya55