BEST COACH IN EAST TN

pchs712

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean fat phil fulmer who looks like a pumpkin with an orange shirt on

Yeah, and the "Big Pumpkin" is the winningest active football coach also, but I believe it is about high school, and it is hands down George Quarles, but Rankin will make himself known and respected well at Alcoa.

Edited by mcwrestler

S. Meadows has reversed the fortunes of William Blount Football Team. He definitely has them heading in the right direction. The best coach, hands down, is Quarles. He is consistent, innovative, and apparently in the future, on the way up if he so chooses. Of course Rankin went from a program that he basically built, Riverdale, to an established power in Alcoa. The Tornadoes and the Coach appear to be a solid fit. Is there something in the water in Blount County? :) The coach at Cosby has slowly began to get those basketball playing nuts to move to grass and it appears to be paying off dividends for him. The question is can they sustain their turnaround? Kries at Coalfield still manages to consistently produce a winner, but he is still looking for his first gold ball. Others that have done really well at their schools are, Coatney, D. West, Stanton, and Helton.

:) Kaz

If we are speaking in terms of turn arounds, Coach Tyler Shelton and staff at Cosby have definitely proved to be worth their salt! :thumb: Young, energetic, enthusiastic, and from what I've seen, the kids love em, and I know for a fact, they love those boys. They respect them and expect the same in return, works out nicely!

Edited by eagle3314

If we are speaking in terms of turn arounds, Coach Tyler Shelton and staff at Cosby have definitely proved to be worth their salt! :) Young, energetic, enthusiastic, and from what I've seen, the kids love em, and I know for a fact, they love those boys. They respect them and expect the same in return, works out nicely!

YOURE CRAZY! Shelton seems like a good guy and he has done alot for cosby's program, but you cant mention him when talking about the best coaches in East TN. Maryville is the best coached team in the whole state of TN. in my opinion, DB and Alcoa are also very well coached football teams. I could name off about 10 other coaches that i would rather have than Coach Shelton just in East TN. No offense to Cosby, Shelton has done a great job and i cant wait until Hampton gets to visit. Good Luck to all!

A COACH THAT BEST TURNED A TEAM AROUND IN EAST TN.

is this a turn around this year, 5 year, 10 yr, 20 yr. how long has the coach had to be on the job and are you talking about new coaches that's been at the school for 3 years or less. for some reason when you ask that question quarles name comes up from some fan as being the best in east tn. but hasn't he been here 5 or more years (i don't know not from maryville) and the more i think about it he hasn't had to turn anything around in 5 - 8 years. not bashing but just thinking what are the qualifications to this question.

I'm answering my question with the won loss record for this year versus last year