Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

If the 'cats force turnovers and don't have any like they did against JC, we shouldn't have a problem, BUT we have a hrd time, like you said, consistantly holding teams who run up the middle and off ackle with an athletic back. There must not be much other than McDermott. No backs, receivers, etc.

Other teams smell blood in the water once OR gets one loss...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to this game is not Trace, it is the passing game. They must get it going early or they will stack the box on Trace. Devon has got to get some passes in early, hopefully to Tyler Cobb, who has began to play well lately. The fullbacks ran well last week and that will definetly be needed this week. I hear Nigel might be back this week, that is a big MIGHT. I think you may see some more option this week also.

The key to this game is not Trace, it is the passing game. They must get it going early or they will stack the box on Trace. Devon has got to get some passes in early, hopefully to Tyler Cobb, who has began to play well lately. The fullbacks ran well last week and that will definetly be needed this week. I hear Nigel might be back this week, that is a big MIGHT. I think you may see some more option this week also.

McMinn will win this one IF,, the two top dogs from McMinn stays out of trouble and doesn't find another person to beat up!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Hey Nuker, the 6' rule doesn't work on Oak Ridge teams, we're almost always smaller than our opponents. But if you will notice that during warmups at other games it's about 90 per cent accurate. You going to the Ship tonite to watcht the young guys.

Doesn't jibe with my workout schedule. Missed the JC game (sick as a dog), but the replay showed accelerated improvement. Hope to see more of the same against a fired-up McMinn Co.

If I'm not mistaken, they were the first team to let us know we were mere mortals last year at The Ship. Rumor has it that the USGS recorded seismic activity during Coach Steven's halftime "pep talk" that game.

Well Kat, week 6 is coming up on us and I believe we are seeing small glempses into the possibilities of this OR team. If they continue to improve as much as they did in the last game and cause turnovers as in the last game, then we've got 'em this week.

What do you know about the Cherokee defense? How did the JV/Fresh do?

Farragut is mediocre and WB might be a problem.