Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

Tank, what do you know about the Kees?

BCR, I know that Cherokee started the year off with about 8 returning on defense. And that they have struggled with turnovers. McDermott is a 6-2 215 pound back (or something close to that) with speed and power, and he will be hard to stop. I'll call you tonite with my Monday night report. The freshmen and JV games are quite an adventure.

What about Hooterville? No seriously, we know Ootlewah has a good team, we're just trying to get ready for McMinn. What do you know about McMinn Owl? What's their secondary like? I think we'll have to throw it well to win.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McMinn can defend the pass then they have a chance againist Oak Ridge if not then they will lose. Oak Ridge will get in that off set I and run and run and then when you think they might run it again they will zip it across the middle. McMinn has showed all year long that they can not defend the pass and have been beat several times deep. I would like to know with the players that they have why they do not play some "press coverage" on the wide outs and send their corner backs on some stunts. But we like to play the famous cover 2 and line up 10 yards off of our man especially when it is 3rd and 5 and let the QB have all day to throw. The team has some good speed but they defend the pass very poorley. If I am Oak Ridge I would utilize the TE and drag him across the field or run him down the center of the field because we tend to lose him in cover 2.

Maybe we will do better this week and not let anybody behind us.

ORidgeKat:

Everyone seems to forget the fact that our defenseive backs love to give up "the big play" and have a problem also of letting receivers behind them in coverage, especially in cover 2. It amazes me about this since you are told to never let this happen all the way back to the Boys Club Grasscutters. Also, they are reactive to the receiver only after they catch the ball. Whatever happened to jamming a receiver on the line to throw off the timing and the route as well as making a play on the ball BEFORE IT'S CAUGHT!

We gang tackle big backs, have good lateral speed, but our safeties and corners are NOT aggressive enough to come up to linebacker depth on a run play and STICK someone...

Kat,

At this point, I will be lucky to even attend the game. I want to apologize to all the Oak Ridge fans and readers out there ... this week could be the worst coverage they have ever received since I have been at The Oak Ridger.

I have no assistant and with my "issues" this week, I am doing all I can ... I hope I don't disappoint. I think McMinn has the best running back in the region, I think they are dangerous and I still think this Oak Ridge team has a lot to prove. I haven't been able to do much research for this game ... but here's to a great game and one that everyone comes out healthy.

Tank, what do you know about the Kees?

BCR, I know that Cherokee started the year off with about 8 returning on defense. And that they have struggled with turnovers. McDermott is a 6-2 215 pound back (or something close to that) with speed and power, and he will be hard to stop. I'll call you tonite with my Monday night report. The freshmen and JV games are quite an adventure.

What about Hooterville? No seriously, we know Ootlewah has a good team, we're just trying to get ready for McMinn. What do you know about McMinn Owl? What's their secondary like? I think we'll have to throw it well to win.

McMinn's running back is about 5'11 205. People say he is bigger but he isn't. He is a strong running back with speed. He lines up deep in the backfield so he can use his vision. Lineman have big splits kinda like what Oak Ridge did last year. They love to run the powers and sweeps. He had less than 100 yards rushing against Ooltewah and most of his yards came on a 70+ yard run. Other than that run he got nothing. McMinn's QB is very athletic. I think they should use him more on roll outs and QB draws. He has speed and a great arm. They should put both McDermett and QB in shotgun and run option or rollouts. Anyways, McMinn is a pretty good team. I haven't seen Oak Ridge this year so I'm not gonna predict anything but Oak Ridge has to play a good game to beat McMinn. McMinn is a dangerous team...

Pressure is on McMinn being 0 and 2 in the region. This is going to be their first region home game so that will help. I hope there will be a good crowd on the home side of the field. We know Oak will come out in big numbers. Hey! hows Gulmire doing at Austin Peay is he getting any playing time?

If McMinn can defend the pass then they have a chance againist Oak Ridge if not then they will lose. Oak Ridge will get in that off set I and run and run and then when you think they might run it again they will zip it across the middle. McMinn has showed all year long that they can not defend the pass and have been beat several times deep. I would like to know with the players that they have why they do not play some "press coverage" on the wide outs and send their corner backs on some stunts. But we like to play the famous cover 2 and line up 10 yards off of our man especially when it is 3rd and 5 and let the QB have all day to throw. The team has some good speed but they defend the pass very poorley. If I am Oak Ridge I would utilize the TE and drag him across the field or run him down the center of the field because we tend to lose him in cover 2.

Maybe we will do better this week and not let anybody behind us.

McMinn runs a 4-4 on defense with a cover 3 behind it (they mix in man-to-man i think as well). To my knowledge they haven't been in a cover 2 at all this year.