HOW BOUT THEM SKYHAWKS

Westview does NOT need their own field.......what we need is for the Westview folks and City of Martin folks to get behind the stadium project at UTM, period. As soon as the folks in Weakley County decide to support UTM like they should be supported, then UTM will have their new field. It's that simple, period.

All donations for the new surface should be mailed to the UTM athletics......

Westview will never get their own stadium because the politics of the situation will not allow it to happen. So with that, the school board should have spent the money that UTM asked for and the field would have already been put in by now. Instead, we are stuck in our current situation for at least the next 2 years.........

Well then..the sports department at UTM needs to step it up..Top notch,renovated facilities for the Skyhawks would help bring in better recruits(of course winning will also do that)...The facilities would be a great recruiting tool...The university should then and now for that matter hook their field up with whatever graphics they want and let Westview deal with it.....Seems to me the high school is sort of holding the university hostage to some degree..They are definitely holding them down,facility wise.....I also think before the community can support the Skyhawk Athletic Department,the UTM administration is going to have to support the S.A.D(wow,Skyhawk Athletic Department=S.A.D hmmmm...)like it should... :thumb:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEEDED::::

What exactly is the legal situation between the university and school board or city council???....Is it impossible for the university to tell Westview,hey we don't want to share the stadium anymore???..What was the deal between the two back when Westview started playing at UTM???....Just wondering...

What exactly is the legal situation between the university and school board or city council???....Is it impossible for the university to tell Westview,hey we don't want to share the stadium anymore???..What was the deal between the two back when Westview started playing at UTM???....Just wondering...

As far as I know....(and I'm sure I don't know the whole story)...There is no "legal" situation between any of the three parties, the only agreement is that UTM rents the facilities to Westview for football games for a fee.

• 2 weeks later...

GO SKYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up is the Eastern Illinois Panthers for the OVC lead..It's also homecoming....I've got to go see my niece at least one time this season play in the UTM band...But I'm a little worried I might jinx them with my presence....Anyway,the wheels are still on the Skyhawk steamroller......

I talked to Westviews AD about a couple of weeks ago and they rent the stadium for $900.00 a game. UTM still reserves the right to refuse usage if it is raining or the field is wet on Friday night. Westview would then have to use an older stadium.

I hope the student body and the city of Martin come out and support the guys next weekend. This is the biggest football game ever played at Graham Stadium.

Didn't they host a playoff game in Martin one time???

Good win for teh Skyhawks over the Bulldogs of Samford. Though, Samford has only been in the league a few yrs, they are a solid team with a good coach.

UTM came into the game with Samford 1-15-1 against the Bulldogs and had lost the last 14 games against them....Yeah,it was good win.... :thumb:

I talked to Westviews AD about a couple of weeks ago and they rent the stadium for $900.00 a game. UTM still reserves the right to refuse usage if it is raining or the field is wet on Friday night. Westview would then have to use an older stadium.

The older stadium I guess is the middle school field??......