HOW BOUT THEM SKYHAWKS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,Martin Middle is in the old high school...

It is was only the high school practice field.......was never used for varsity games. Only used for games after the middle school moved there.....

UTM hosted a playoff game in 1988 against Butler....I was there, as a student at that time......one of the funnest atmosphere's ever at UTM.....

It is was only the high school practice field.......was never used for varsity games. Only used for games after the middle school moved there.....

UTM hosted a playoff game in 1988 against Butler....I was there, as a student at that time......one of the funnest atmosphere's ever at UTM.....

So UTM beat Butler in that game I guess...Because they lost to some Texas team to get knocked out that year??...Right??

Do you remember the circumstances in 1988 that would have caused UTM to use that field?

OK...I am going to the game today...I just about have to..My neice is in the UTM Marching Band,my oldest son is on a recruiting visit and my youngest son's football team is getting to go to the game as a reward for winning the Obion Co.Jr High Championship.....

Good Luck to the 12th ranked 6-1 UTM Skyhawks...A win today will go a long way in determining the OVC Champs...Battle for the top spot today with OVC unbeaten Eastern Illinois!!!!

Great game today. Man it was awesome. The team had great support from the students and community. One of the biggest wins in Martin history. We have 3 more games to go and we are OVC Champs. I hope EIU can beat TSU next week so we won't have to deal with a tiebreaker.

back, what did u think about the team?

My new most awesome second favorite team in the nation has an awesome defense....That was a heck of a crowd!!!.....7-1 4-0...UTM SKYHAWKS!!!!

My new most awesome second favorite team in the nation has an awesome defense....That was a heck of a crowd!!!.....7-1 4-0...UTM SKYHAWKS!!!!

Glad you are jumping on the bandwagon. When I first saw EIU, I thought man this guys are huge. But I love out little DBs, they can hang with the best of them. Hope we can keep reeling them off and I think we may surprise some people in the playoffs. Our defense is stout and are O-line will move the best of them. Our passing game is developing along with our Freshman QB. Next up the Redhawks of SEMO.

One thing about Coach Simpson, he is a great coach but even better family man. He told us at the pep rally Friday night that he will promise 2 things- 1st- the team will always play hard and 2nd- He will never leave to go to Murray St. I am glad we let Griffin and company go, cause we got a real winner now.

Edited by Gerry Bertier