Prince Avenue / Cloudland

foreveranole

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are playing Prince Avenue becouse Williamsburg back out of playing in Roan Mtn this year. Last year the landers came out a little slugish and didn't play well in the first half. The 2nd half was a different story, Cloudland came out and played good ball and poored it on Williamsburg. Williamsburg was supposed to have been the state runner up in 2004 so that was what I was told. Now Prience Ave, we will just have to see what they can do in the cold weather of Roan Mtn. Like I said in a post a page or so back, if we had the money wouldn't it have been nice to played Hoover, AL and been on ESPN 2 tonight at 8:00PM (LOL).

Good luck Landers and please don't get anyone HURT!

Edited by fightingirish

:( Good Luck Landers!!!! Stay healthy & do Carter County proud.

Thanks dawgfan for the good luck. Looks like the Landers done both tonight stayed healthy and done the county proud. We played great defense I know the scor doesnt show that but we really did. Im proud of Cloudland for the effort . We had probably 7 to 8 freshmen and sophmores on the feild the whole time. Prince had a huge offence and defence line . Real quick backs and receivers . I personally dont think their used to getting hit . I know Cloudand is way down this year , but they didnt play that way tonight. Hoprfully playing this team will give us a little confidence and help us through the rest of the year. When we seen and heard Prince Ave. complaining about gitting and dragging to the side lines they were either tired or they not used to getting hit to hard . Im proud of you Landers . Pujo you should have stayed it wasnt as bad as we thought it would be.

Thanks dawgfan for the good luck. Looks like the Landers done both tonight stayed healthy and done the county proud. We played great defense I know the scor doesnt show that but we really did. Im proud of Cloudland for the effort . We had probably 7 to 8 freshmen and sophmores on the feild the whole time. Prince had a huge offence and defence line . Real quick backs and receivers . I personally dont think their used to getting hit . I know Cloudand is way down this year , but they didnt play that way tonight. Hoprfully playing this team will give us a little confidence and help us through the rest of the year. When we seen and heard Prince Ave. complaining about gitting and dragging to the side lines they were either tired or they not used to getting hit to hard . Im proud of you Landers . Pujo you should have stayed it wasnt as bad as we thought it would be.

Good job 'Landers... You guys gave 'em a heckuva fight. B)

Edited by Rangerbook06

I was at the game, Prince Avenue and Cloudland are on two different levels, Cloudland did the best they could to hang with them though. The refs kept the game close... Cloudland couldn't move the ball a bit. It was a cold and ugly effort by both teams... Prince Ave had about 9 or 10 Div. 1 prospects out there playing tonight... If they would have played in South Carolina this game probaly would have been a 70-0 blowout, but unfortuantly for Prince it wasn't so I give props to the Landers for holding with them. The backs and recievers for Prince Avenue were unbelievably fast and the QB #11 had one of the strongest arms that I have seen and the Landers got away with hitting him late 2 or 3 times... Overall I guess if u count moral victorys then Cloudland defiently picks up a W. Prince was head and shoulders above them... good luck to the Landers next week!

I was at the game, Prince Avenue and Cloudland are on two different levels, Cloudland did the best they could to hang with them though. The refs kept the game close... Cloudland couldn't move the ball a bit. It was a cold and ugly effort by both teams... Prince Ave had about 9 or 10 Div. 1 prospects out there playing tonight... If they would have played in South Carolina this game probaly would have been a 70-0 blowout, but unfortuantly for Prince it wasn't so I give props to the Landers for holding with them. The backs and recievers for Prince Avenue were unbelievably fast and the QB #11 had one of the strongest arms that I have seen and the Landers got away with hitting him late 2 or 3 times... Overall I guess if u count moral victorys then Cloudland defiently picks up a W. Prince was head and shoulders above them... good luck to the Landers next week!

IF Prince is that much better than Cloudland then why do you think is was a ugly effort by the Landers. These guy played their butts off to get what little yardage they got. In my huge victory for the Landers . If the O-line for Prince would have blocked the QB wouldnt have had to pick himself up . The big guy 350lbs , is not Div-1 material. No. 54,10,28,22,23,42, and a couple more were very good ballplayers. The QB HAD A GOOD ARM AND WAS QUICK but not great. Cloudland had a little more motivation than Prince . The Landers had heard all they wanted to hear about this nationally ranked team or whatever. Prince has a good ballteam but , I dont think they could hang with most of the prep or private schools in middle Tenn. Iwpuld like to see them play Alcoa , or Maryville, even South Pitt. Ill agree they are two different level ballteams but I didnt see alot of difference last night. LOL of luck to the Warriors they were not as cocky as I thought they would be. Like you said Cloudland did its best to stay with those guys. Where Im from thats all you can ask from a ballteam TO DO THEIR BEST. Ticketholder , your not a local Im guessing. Or maybe you have been on the other side of some whippins the Landers have handed out in the past. Anyway Landers hold your head high you gave a good effort. GETUSOME.

Why don't you stay on your end of the county and we will keep our end healthy and see who comes out on top in a few weeks. I am proud of the Landers they kept on fighting and never gave up all night long. So what Prience Ave was on a different level, no one was hurt and with four region 1 games ahead who knows what can happen.

Edited by fightingirish

Way to hang Landers, to be honest, I thought Prince Albert would smoke you. Now get Jordan back,win some region games and get ready for the playoffs.

Pujo that team was good but probably not as good as they looked. Cloudland played their tail-ends off though. Hopefully that will help them down the road. Hey man how did the teams do @ Unaka today . I know the flaggers won 31-0.