Multiplier article

Bighurt

It is unfair to the kids at the private schools, the whole T$$AA multiplier system is arbitrary with private schools having no say.....I smell another law suite that T$$AA has no chance of winning.

Plus what is the message T$$AA is sending, oh you can't beat them, because they have some talent, or some wealth, or some parents that get involved, or smaller class sizes, or better test scores, or kids that are motivated. Quit crying, Quit blamming everyone else for lack of success. Life is unfair, there will never be a level playing field for everyone, rich city schools, private schools, magnet schools, all have advantages over rural schools.

So lets go back to the way it was, quit making excuses, and lets see some good competition and not this water downed crap we see on most fridays 5 to 8 classifications with top 4 going to the playoffs is weak.

You are literally my hero for the day! Seriously. I dream of the days that their were 3 classes total. The Clinic Bowl being a one day HUGE event. Oh to dream ... and have it me$$ed up by the T$$AA.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfair to the kids at the private schools, the whole T$$AA multiplier system is arbitrary with private schools having no say.....I smell another law suite that T$$AA has no chance of winning.

Plus what is the message T$$AA is sending, oh you can't beat them, because they have some talent, or some wealth, or some parents that get involved, or smaller class sizes, or better test scores, or kids that are motivated. Quit crying, Quit blamming everyone else for lack of success. Life is unfair, there will never be a level playing field for everyone, rich city schools, private schools, magnet schools, all have advantages over rural schools.

So lets go back to the way it was, quit making excuses, and lets see some good competition and not this water downed crap we see on most fridays 5 to 8 classifications with top 4 going to the playoffs is weak.

If you go to three classes KCHS will be playing the same schools you are playing now, for the most part.

If you go to three classes FC will not be in the top ten in the state instead of number one as they are now.

Why three classes, why not one? Lets hear your excuses.

If you go to three classes KCHS will be playing the same schools you are playing now, for the most part.

If you go to three classes FC will not be in the top ten in the state instead of number one as they are now.

Why three classes, why not one? Lets hear your excuses.

Dude, that is the thing - I'm not afraid of the competition. I would prefer to finish 15th and know that is where I belong vs. having the public school easy way out. Maybe, we can have enough classes that each and every team wins a championship. <_<

I picked three because that is what we had and that is what worked. I have no problem with 1. :D It might get tough ... but that is what you do ... oops, I forgot that there are all the publics that like to have championships handed to them. :unsure:

Isn't part of the reason to play sports is in the striving, the practice, the attempt, you give your all, try your best, NOT EVERYONE is going to win, So lets see it go back to the way it was. What do you tell your kids when you will not schedule a DII team.. we can't win with you, something wrong with you. Come on its about the competition....not everyone takes turn winning

"I'm not afraid of the competition. I would prefer to finish 15th and know that is where I belong vs. having the public school easy way out."

"Isn't part of the reason to play sports is in the striving, the practice, the attempt, you give your all, try your best, NOT EVERYONE is going to win"

golly gee whiz, you have inspired me. i am ready to take on the world. you guys must be the most fearless competitors on the list. i wonder how your teams have done against the monster schedules you have obviously chosen to take on....

oh, FCS is 5-0 and has outscored their opponents 207-30

double oh, knox catholic is 5-0 and has outscored their opponents 212-31

has that mean old tssaa refused to allow you to play against real competition? have they deprived your poor kids of the opportunity to have all that striving and trying, where not everybody wins?

i mean, if this is the real deal, how easy must the "public school easy way out" be?

arent you the same guys calling for lawsuits so the privates can get back into EASIER divisions?

your money seems to have become dislocated from your mouth.

Actually, the big "7" has got to be the most watered down championship out there. Really, that is a joke.

Are you saying that you would vote for the D2AAA teams to be allowed to compete for the D1 AAAAA state championship? That's great we can now elimintate one classification. Why don't we also allow the rest of the D2 schools back into the fold? Let's not forget that they have an easy state title and water down division but they were forced into D2 even after they followed all of the rules and laws.

This has been an interesting discussion.

IMHO, Football has driven the multiplier. Other than Goodpasture which did not change classes, I don't think that any private school that moved from 1A to 2A has proven that it can consistently compete with Alcoa, Huntingdon, Milan, etc.

It appears that public schools will continue to dominate the private schools in basketball, track, wrestling and volleyball. Private school will probably be dominant in softball, tennis, golf and soccer. Baseball? Who knows? Covington won in 2006, I think.

My personal opinion is that schools that have 270 kids in grades 9-12 (for example, CPA, Ezell, FRA, DCA) should not have to compete with schools the size of Pearl-Cohn, Portland and Giles County which they do in basketball, baseball and softball

I will always believe that football drove this rule change (just like football drove the creation of Division II) and not enough thought was put into how sports other than football would be affected.

JMHO.

arent you the same guys calling for lawsuits so the privates can get back into EASIER divisions?

your money seems to have become dislocated from your mouth.

Actually, my push for bringing the privates back to where they belong would make life for my school more DIFFICULT. A concept that public school folks don't want to address nowadays. :thumb: