Huntingdon @ Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Stang fans are still here. It has been a great run...lot of good memories...and a lot of good athletes have been through here the past 6 or 7 years. We all knew this was coming we just didnt think it would be this year. Weve had a great run but it might be coming to an end this November. Looks like the cupboard is bare after this year.... junior high has not done real good in about 3 years now. Just stating the facts.

Been a real unusual season...just cannot figure out what is going on with the team. Lot of injuries...but we had people hurt last year....you just gotta play through it and find a way to win. No excuses!

Just have to keep trying to getting better. Team has nearly lost its confidence. Need to jel as a team and the Seniors need to realize that this is it for them. The next 4 are all regional games...better leave it all on the field if you want to be playin in November.

I have to dissagree about the cupboard being bare next year. Only two starting linemen will graduate this year, both on defense, and we have a good stable of running backs coming back. Dill, Parham, and Tucker, all 3 year starters on the offensive line along with 2 , 2year starters. Cole Mcadams at quarterback who would be starting on any other team. Weathers, Hampton,Taylor, all very good running backs. We will only be losing 5 or 6 starters, granted they are good ones, but some good players have been overshadowed that will come out of the wood work. And you cant judge a team by what they did in Jr. high. When the seniors this year were in jrhigh, no one could stay on the field with them. they totally destroyed everyone. There is no comparison between jrhigh and high school :lol:

Edited by htown5

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to have a good 2a team period, especially in this region. Milan lost there second string fullback in the second game of the season and their first string fullback in the fourth. JW is limping around and we have one o-lineman at about 70% and another that is sitting out awaiting a tssaa ruling. We don't have any top ten national college picks either, but despite all of that i'd say we still have a pretty good offense and defense.

our ONE top ten national college pick is one of many on the field we need to win ballgames.

Edited by fan91

Weathers is not a good running back. He is as fast as any running back Huntingdon has ever had but it takes more than speed to be a good running back. He likes the vision and the instincts it takes to be a good running back. I think i would have to try mccadams at running back pretty soon if donald cant play. Weathers hit the hole 90 mph but at some point you have to open your eyes and see the hole.

I'm not making excuses, but if Milan and Crockett played at the end of the year; It would be a classic!

Let me give you guys a few stats.

Milan ran over 30 offensive plays in the first half, when we dominated.

This O-line was wore out in the second half, leading Coach Morris to an extreme conditioning week the week after.

Crockett is a great team, but I think we could take em if it wasn't our first game.

lol ur funny

Weathers is not a good running back. He is as fast as any running back Huntingdon has ever had but it takes more than speed to be a good running back. He likes the vision and the instincts it takes to be a good running back. I think i would have to try mccadams at running back pretty soon if donald cant play. Weathers hit the hole 90 mph but at some point you have to open your eyes and see the hole.

190 yards rushing against Mckenzie. I guess you are right, this kid must be pretty slouchy. Come on man, dont get on here and trash a player by name, I know this kid personally and I promise you before this year and next year is over you will eat those words. Good kid, alot of character and heart, and yes, he will be a good running back :ph34r:

Ill take the Dawgs by 2 td's but you never should count the STANGS out. Mansfield will have them prepared. Trenton is obviously a good team.

If the stangs lose to Milan and Humbolt - are they out of the playoffs?

Milan

Humbolt

Trenton

Westview or Huntingdon????

It hasbeen a long time since the Stangs didnt go to the playoffs. I think it was 1992 - They were 1 - 9. REALLY BAD and were back in the semis a cpl of years after that.

All i know is that huntingdon has along ways to go and only a short time to get there. We havent played good since week 1. I thought they would be better from that lose but it really hasnt changed at all since then. I dont know whats missing, but it is definately something. Maybe its just the fact that they really miss swenson that bad, or it could be totally different. We cant just keep going out there and doing the same stuff every week bc it is obviously aint working. The coaches are going to have to make some changes and the players are going to have to change their attitude. I went through a season like this when i played and it wasnt fun, but that year it was mainly bc we didnt have enough talent to go anywhere. This year the talent is there, they just need to someone to step up and be a leader and get that talent out of the rest of them.