hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Mamma says, there was someone from Cloudland who filmed all of Cloudland's games. Then, they took all of Byrd's best runs and made a high-light reel out of it. I was just wondering if anyone had taped Hampton's games so that one could be made of Adam. I would love to see all of his ridiculous runs.

Vader,

No one has made a highlight film, there is a small one that was sent out in his package, but not an accumulation of his runs to date. The films are available and I suspect there will be one,,eventually. Track Traye down at the practices, JV or the youth club games and talk with him about it. With a little luck, a lot of effort by the team and time to heal, there still may be hope Bubba can get back out there. Aint been much that could hold him down so far, I know he has the heart and the dedication, so we'll see!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say how sorry I am to Adam & his family. We will all be praying for a speedy recovery. It is an absolute heartbreaker. But as someone else mentioned, this kid is tough as they come. I don't see him being down for long. Either way it has been a pleasure to watch him over the years.

I also want to say... how about them dogs????. The team stepped up and showed everyone that they are a team. We are all so proud of you.. :thumb:

What about them DOGS? I said what about them DOGS tonight? Man....what a game!!

I am glad that it's over! Whew! I guess all the caskets and tombstones didn't do a thing for them huh? And, let's not forget Adam's pic on the field house door....that was really classy!

Let's let sleeping dogs lie! We won! Get Over It! That's all that matters. Adam will do his best to get back in the game if it's up to him somewhere in the playoffs....you can bet money on that.

Congrats to the Dogs! We really had a blast rooting for yall tonight!

;):thumb:

You have no clue what you are saying! Adam's "pic" was on the field house door because he has been the most respected player in our region week in and week out. Ask him if he has thought of that as an insult. If you knew jack about the game you wouldn't take things the way you do.

I suppose the reason you want sleeping dogs to lie is because you strolled in thinking this game would be over in the first quarter, and it wasn't over until the the end of the fourth. (Isn't that a novel idea; a game actually lasting four quarters.)

As I have said earlier Congrats to Hampton. You guys have a great team and a great coaching staff, but some of your fans refuse to believe there could be other teams in the region that can play with the pigskin. Again, all the prayers and well wishes in the world to A.T. , get back in there stud. :)

Give Lowe pom-poms and he would make the perfect cheerleader.

Dude, get up off of #25. Do you honestly think as smart as Hampton'c coaching staff is they didn't do anything to try and shut him down. If you do you're an idiot! Jody's been ONE of our studs all season and the Dogs knew it, so did Unaka. If you don't respect my man Jody, you are obviously not a coach or a player cause everyone on the field or sidelines has the upmost for him. Teams haven't went to his side all year, cause they know 9 times out of 10, its gonna be pick-six. No one wants a punt to go anywhere near him cause if he gets the corner it's 88 and out tha gate. On the O side he stays under double coverage constantly. Oh yeah, and besides all of that, he is a 17 year old kid, but that is really irrellevant here because at 17 he's allready more of a man than you could ever hope to be. Keep dreaming big though, and maybe one day you can carry his jock!

Edited by eagle3314

hampton just lost it's chance to advance past the second round of the playoff's tonight. Cosby will lose it's first game.

Coalfield, Midway and Harriman all are much stronger than the 2nd through fourth place teams in our region. Cloudland losing to Jellico was a disgrace. As for our Eagles, we got beat tonight by a team that lost their entire offense and we couldn't take advantage of it. We were lucky to win at Unaka last week. Plain and simple we got outplayed.

Hampton should win its first game but won't after that

Cosby will lose to either Harriman or Midway

Cloudland will be lucky to get and and will get beat bad next week

I was shocked Unaka put up 40 last night and they might have a chance because they hit hard and play good defense

Sorry about #25 He is a great running back

we might have just beat unaka just by little bit but we still we came out smelling good didn't we .i think they just got by .i think hampton wont make past midway or coalfield.they will get another chance at the EAGLES

Thanks for all the concern about Adam. I know he really appreciates it. Adam did break his leg tonight, but it seems his heart is broken alot worse. Adam will not play the rest of the season. He broke the fibula (I don't know if that is the correct spelling) bone in his right leg, which is some small bone on the outer part of the leg, and the ER Dr thinks there may be some damage to the inside of the ankle as well. He will see the Ortho Dr on Monday to find out more about that. Again, thanks for all the concern.

Now, for the cause of his broken leg. Adam said it was a clean play. He said one tackled him at his ankle, while at the same time, another one hit him up high and he felt it break. Adam knows it was not intentional.

It seems Cosby and Adam's broken bones just kind of go together. Last season, his arm, this year his leg. So, I guess the silver lining is that he will never have to play them again. It's bitter sweet. And besides, he running out of bones to break.

Good job to Cosby on giving Hampton a hard fought ballgame and congratulations to Hampton on the win. I didn't see much after the first play, but Hampton players, Adam and I are very proud of you for the way you stepped up tonight. Great job. We'll see ya next week at Chuckey Doak. Adam and Traye will be there on the sidelines and I'll be on the fence.

Maybe on Monday the "real" Dr. will give you some better news. Don't give up on Adam playing against the Eagles again. From the fight I know that scutter has in him, I'd bet anything he can rehab faster than anybody. If we both make it to round three maybe he can be back. The entire Cosby Nation wishes him well, and is hopin for a quick recovery.

hampton just lost it's chance to advance past the second round of the playoff's tonight. Cosby will lose it's first game.

Coalfield, Midway and Harriman all are much stronger than the 2nd through fourth place teams in our region. Cloudland losing to Jellico was a disgrace. As for our Eagles, we got beat tonight by a team that lost their entire offense and we couldn't take advantage of it. We were lucky to win at Unaka last week. Plain and simple we got outplayed.

Hampton should win its first game but won't after that

Cosby will lose to either Harriman or Midway

Cloudland will be lucky to get and and will get beat bad next week

I was shocked Unaka put up 40 last night and they might have a chance because they hit hard and play good defense

Sorry about #25 He is a great running back

Son, you need to change your screen name and stop saying we and our when you talk about the Eagles, cause you are NOT one of us! :thumb:

Edited by eagle3314

we might have just beat unaka just by little bit but we still we came out smelling good didn't we .i think they just got by .i think hampton wont make past midway or coalfield.they will get another chance at the EAGLES

First and foremost, prayers and thoughts go out to Adam and his family. As for the outcome of this game, I believe it was Hampton who came out smelling good. Afterall was it not 71% of the people on this site picked Cosby to win this game yet the dogs came out on top without the star player? People can say what they want about the officiating (BOTH teams have complaints) maybe Cosby fans should ask thier coaching staff why on kickoffs they would give Hampton GREAT starting field position by not kicking it deep. Who knows what would have been the outcome if Townsend had not been injured. Close win or not, the result, a win by the dogs, even though it was 71% who thought they wouldn't or couldn't do it. Lets not forget Dustin and the rest of the team for stepping it up in Adam's absence. Get well Adam. GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HamptonBulldogs1

I don't think you Cosby people realize how good the play of football is past out region. Our region is the weakest in the state. I will garuntee you that Cosby and Hampton will not meet again. Cosby will get beat in the 1st round and Hampton might in the second (it depends on how they come together as a team). If Cosby and Hampton were in region 2, Cosby wouldn't make the playoffs and Hampton would finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th(without Adam). I know that I will get bashed by Cosby people for saying it, but it is true. I promise you. I was looking forward to another great matchup in the 3rd round against a VERY VERY good Coalfield team. I hope the Dawgs can make it because I am sure that the Yellow Jackets will be there.

Edited by Lord Vader

You have no clue what you are saying! Adam's "pic" was on the field house door because he has been the most respected player in our region week in and week out. Ask him if he has thought of that as an insult. If you knew jack about the game you wouldn't take things the way you do.

I suppose the reason you want sleeping dogs to lie is because you strolled in thinking this game would be over in the first quarter, and it wasn't over until the the end of the fourth. (Isn't that a novel idea; a game actually lasting four quarters.)

As I have said earlier Congrats to Hampton. You guys have a great team and a great coaching staff, but some of your fans refuse to believe there could be other teams in the region that can play with the pigskin. Again, all the prayers and well wishes in the world to A.T. , get back in there stud. :thumb:

Well....Eagle....all I was saying is I dont wanna hear any smack like that that was said after the Unaka game...let sleeping dogs lie. And, as for your information.....I am family to 25....Adam Townsend....and as for your information also.....I have been around ball for a long time as my brother played while we were in school a few years ago.....and I have watched this team develop over the past years. I do know a thing or two about ball. I for one never said this game would be easy.....I said I thought that JC could win by as many as he wanted. If you will check my earlier posts as well......I said Hampton would win 35-14.....so I wasn't too far off. I will have to say this......I have never seen as rowdy fans as those who stood behind me last night. That is the worst I have ever been treated by any fans at any game I have been to........and that's something all you Cosby people should not be proud of. I was told by a Cosby person that I should show some "sportsman like conduct" as I was cheering my team on standing behind the fence at the 50 yard line. I think I have a right to cheer on my fans.....and after the game was over.....there was a young boy come through there calling us every name in the book except for a white person and when I say young....he was wearing a white cosby football jersey....so I am thinking he was playing youth club or elementary school ball. With all that said.....I will say this. I have no hard feelings whatsoever. What is played on the field should be left on the field. We fought a battle and came out on top! Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the year! And a very big congrats to the DOGS! :angry:

p.s. To the Cosby faithful: You guys are the best and I love you very much. Sorry I let you all down :angry:

Jody, You have no reason to be sorry for anything. You didn't let anyone down.

You and The Eagles gave it your all on the field last night. We're proud of you all.

The team never gave up after playing from behind all night & had a chance to tie

7-1 and a home field playoff game is a reason to hold your head UP.

If The Eagles don't win another game this season has one to remember.

(that won't happen though) Do your best to put this game behind you.

Pick up a roundball for a couple of days :thumb:

I have never seen players with more heart and determination to win

than #25 and his brother. Other teams fans and players can say what they

want but if Jody was on your side you would have a different opinion.

I've got to ask about one thing I couldn't help but notice before the game.

Don't want to take a shot at the kid after he's hurt but does Townsend always

not stretch and warm-up with the rest of the team..?? He seemed to spend the

time walking around and he even climbed the hill behind the goalpost and had a seat for a while. I can't imagine Blakely or Manning standing under the basket while The Eagles are running their lay-up drill.

Not a slam against the young man and I do wish him a speedy recovery but

what was up with that..???