DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

Interception happened on previous D-B possession. If SCHS had chosen to go for the 4th and 1 with 1:45 to play and made it then they would have won. #9 dropped one TD in the 4th qtr and caught one.

I remember someone saying that D-B doesn't fear any CB. Well that may be true but they only tried to throw one deep ball on Watson all night and the guy was covered. If it would have been me I would have had Watson on #9 but that is another story.

This was the first game all season where SCHS has played hard for 4 qtrs. If they take care of business and finish as the # 2 seed they get one home playoff game and perhaps a shot at region 2 #1 whoever that ends up as (at least it won't be OR) so they might have a chance to get another shot at DB in the 3rd round. Time will tell.

Some people thought D-B would smoke SCHS. Losing the game in the last minute stinks but at least the game wasn't over as soon as it started as many against D-B have.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Indians on an amazing game and superb effort! Thanks to both the Tribe and the Bears for the best entertainment to be found on a Friday night!And as if the game weren't enough - we heard two of the best bands anywhere. The President of the Rose Bowl Parade was present and he has to be beaming!

The Tribe defense keeps getting better. The line tangled with the largest, most athletic offensive line we've faced and while those younguns kept the beef at bay, some of the surest tacklers (LBs) in Tennessee high school football finished off the play. Our secondary coverage was excellent and many times when a Smokey Bear caught the ball, they paid the price. The Smokey Bear touchdown pass resulted when a D-B defender slipped down. Those things happpen, but the safety got over so quickly it almost looked like he was the one beaten on the play. Great game!

What can you say about an offense that simply refused to lose? The writers for Friday Night Lights couldn't have scripted it better. Congratulations, Bo & Coty - you two will get the limelight and you deserve it, but we all know that was a team effort - especially from young men who stepped in for Trevor and Daniel and dared anyone to think of them as second team. Ten years from now when the announcer is talking about Dobyns-Bennett in Football History, they'll talk about this game.

And for those posters who want to get on here and talk about D-B being big headed and arrogant and all that baloney - let's be real clear - you may be talking about a few posters on here but don't dare attribute that to the players on this team. You only have to listen to the post game interviews of Bo Burton and Cotey Sensabaugh to know that. Bo attributed this win to his teamates toughness, as did Coty who dedicated his performance to the grandmother he lost earlier in the week. No player on this team underestimated the athleticism or the toughness of the Smokey Bear team they faced last night. I have mixed feelings - I think there's a good chance we'll see the Bears in the playoffs if the Tribe does its job, but who wants to see a team that good a second time? Time will tell, but the Indians are a team dedicated to moving from good to great and they took a giant step last night. How they handle that success will tell us more!

Way to go , Indians! We're proud of each of you. Trevor, Daniel, John Mark - get well! Coty our thoughts are with you and your family after your loss.

Roll Tribe! :thumb:

Congratulations to the Indians on a hard fought win. I really thought this game would not be this close, but that is why you play the game on the field. Sevier County deserves a lot of cudos as well for playing a tough opponent close. I know no one likes to finish close, but your program is enhanced by this kind of effort.

Probably every school on here has posters they wished would just stay off. I think most schools have good people, who just want to win. They are trying to support their teams and share some of their viewpoints. It would be nice if all the cutting remarks could be left off, but it comes with the territory.

Congratulations again to DB.

Sevier County was alot better then everyone else thought theyd be. I thought DB would handle them better, and of course, me and the rest of the City of Kingsport was wrong. You guys have a good squad. i hope this scared the indian team enough jump out early next time. I hope Daniel Preston gets better. I hear he could get an MRI monday. At first they thought it wasnt too serious, but later on his injury supposedly could be like QB Bo Burton had last year in this very same game. i heard he might possibly be back in 6 weeks.

Roll Tribe

hats off to both teams. it was a shame somebody had to lose. i went to this game, and i couldnt help but be impressed on how hard Sevier county fought. J. Fred Stadium is not an easy place to play, but the bears came in and left everything on the field. i wasnt sure about the questionable roughing the passer call, but i guess thats just how the game goes. the bears didnt get the win, but i believe they gained a lot of respect. Good luck to D-B and SC. maybe they'll see each other again

Congratulations, Indians on an amazing game and superb effort! Thanks to both the Tribe and the Bears for the best entertainment to be found on a Friday night!And as if the game weren't enough - we heard two of the best bands anywhere. The President of the Rose Bowl Parade was present and he has to be beaming!

The Tribe defense keeps getting better. The line tangled with the largest, most athletic offensive line we've faced and while those younguns kept the beef at bay, some of the surest tacklers (LBs) in Tennessee high school football finished off the play. Our secondary coverage was excellent and many times when a Smokey Bear caught the ball, they paid the price. The Smokey Bear touchdown pass resulted when a D-B defender slipped down. Those things happpen, but the safety got over so quickly it almost looked like he was the one beaten on the play. Great game!

What can you say about an offense that simply refused to lose? The writers for Friday Night Lights couldn't have scripted it better. Congratulations, Bo & Coty - you two will get the limelight and you deserve it, but we all know that was a team effort - especially from young men who stepped in for Trevor and Daniel and dared anyone to think of them as second team. Ten years from now when the announcer is talking about Dobyns-Bennett in Football History, they'll talk about this game.

And for those posters who want to get on here and talk about D-B being big headed and arrogant and all that baloney - let's be real clear - you may be talking about a few posters on here but don't dare attribute that to the players on this team. You only have to listen to the post game interviews of Bo Burton and Cotey Sensabaugh to know that. Bo attributed this win to his teamates toughness, as did Coty who dedicated his performance to the grandmother he lost earlier in the week. No player on this team underestimated the athleticism or the toughness of the Smokey Bear team they faced last night. I have mixed feelings - I think there's a good chance we'll see the Bears in the playoffs if the Tribe does its job, but who wants to see a team that good a second time? Time will tell, but the Indians are a team dedicated to moving from good to great and they took a giant step last night. How they handle that success will tell us more!

Way to go , Indians! We're proud of each of you. Trevor, Daniel, John Mark - get well! Coty our thoughts are with you and your family after your loss.

Roll Tribe! :thumb:

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

The Officials in this game were about as bad a group of Officials that I have ever seen. Those guys may make the right call, but they had no idea what to do next.

The 2 Teams were great, both of them.

Yeah because if anybody plays DB close its because of the officials right? You posted the same thing after the Bearden game.