DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interception happened on previous D-B possession. If SCHS had chosen to go for the 4th and 1 with 1:45 to play and made it then they would have won. #9 dropped one TD in the 4th qtr and caught one.

I remember someone saying that D-B doesn't fear any CB. Well that may be true but they only tried to throw one deep ball on Watson all night and the guy was covered. If it would have been me I would have had Watson on #9 but that is another story.

This was the first game all season where SCHS has played hard for 4 qtrs. If they take care of business and finish as the # 2 seed they get one home playoff game and perhaps a shot at region 2 #1 whoever that ends up as (at least it won't be OR) so they might have a chance to get another shot at DB in the 3rd round. Time will tell.

Some people thought D-B would smoke SCHS. Losing the game in the last minute stinks but at least the game wasn't over as soon as it started as many against D-B have.

Sorry to jump into the thread (nothing to do with WB) but we could have another good game shaping up. If we can get by McMinn this week (won't be easy) and win our last two (Bradley and Heritage), we most likely will head up to the "Dolly Dome". I guess you'all still have to get by Bearden???

I'm not gonna get on here and talk trash. Our victory over you guys has so far been the highlight of our year. Yes, beating Oak Ridge was nice, but they are obviously in a rebuilding mode. We got robbed at Ooltewah (pardon the whine) and just didn't take care of business in the last minute at Farragut (still missed an xp in overtime to lose).

I was glad to see you guys play DB so well. Obviously, Coach Brew has done a great job of not letting the guys dwell on the week 0 loss and building on it. Sounds like you all are peaking as the season goes along. We've still not developed much of a passing game (if we could pass, we'd be a really good team).

One interesting dynamic if we do meet in round 1 ... the Gov's are just as motivated to get another shot at Ooltewah as you guys will be to get another shot at DB. There wasn't much of a question on the night we played the Owls, we outplayed them in most every phase ('cept for the final score). This young WB team shows signs of being very good, but in the two region losses, have just not been able to get over the hump of getting that one first down at the end that would put the game away.

You guys take care of business the rest of the way ... hopefully, we can do the same and we'll see you in November!!!

Yeah because if anybody plays DB close its because of the officials right? You posted the same thing after the Bearden game.

dude,if u were there u would have the right to make that comment, but u weren't else u would understand how bad the officials were. ask the SC fans. BTW, even your band got it's rear stomped tonite by DB in Greenville. So go blow you nose on another thread.

Just wondering how they made the right calls, but didn't know what to do next.

I was not at the game.

I think what he meant was that on several big calls they seemed like they had no clue what was going on. At least that's what I thought. A flag would drop, they would meet and mill around like they were playing musical chairs for the longest time, then eventually they would mark off a penalty. But it doesn't inspire confidence in the call if the crew seems like they have 3 different opinions on what happened and 3 more on what to do about it.

As for whether some of the critical calls were right or wrong, I'd have to see a replay. The roughing the passer call on SC was certainly huge, but like most everyone else I was following the ball and didn't see it. Then there were at least two big calls against DB that appeared suspect, one being a personal foul on a 4th and inches where the back was on top of the pile scrabbling around for extra yardage and got hit--again, I can't say it was definitely wrong but I don't recall ever seeing a late hit called in that kind of situation unless it was way after the whistle, which this was not. There was also a big 4th down pass for SC that was ruled a catch and 1st down, but which looked like it was trapped from where I was sitting.

Anyway, I agree that the way the crew went about their business made them look pretty flaky.

Just wondering how they made the right calls, but didn't know what to do next.

I was not at the game.

there were at least 2 calls that seemed to be correct but the officials appeared to argue an extensive length of time about. never seen anything like it. seemed to be about what to do about the penalty -- start to do one thing then change their minds. we needed a 2nd set of officials to call delay of game on the 1st set.

GREAT FOOTBALL GAME!! AWESOME!! SPECTACULAR!! BEST $5 OF THE WEEK!!

Sevier County played and great and has the best team they have had in many years. The Defense was set on stopping the Indians ground game and they did all game long.

BO BURTON was the man for DB. Passed for 320 yds and 2 TD's. Drove the Tribe 88 yards in the final 1:15. Coty Sensabaugh burnt #11 (who started cheating up on the out route) and he bit on the pump fake, and #9 was G>O> GONE...TD!! INDIANS WINS.

If not for a Roughing the Passer penelty (and it was) the Smokey Bears would have won the game, as they intercepted the pass on 4th down, with less than 50 seconds to go. The Penelty gave the Indians 1st down... then THE PLAY!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

[/quout/]

Yea that was a really good game and SC's team this year is the best team since the state title in 99. The defense shut down the running game all night the only reason DB even stayed close with SC was with the passing and really just a few big 3rd down conversions I think SC is a better team and that was there game the game was over when SC intercepted that ball with less then a minute to go it was a BS call with the roughing the passer I have the film which I watched over and over and that was a horrible call the ball had just left his hands when the linebacker hit him the flag was thrown late..after the ball was intercepted actually but oh well we cant sit here and complain about it just gota wait till playoffs come maybe we will meet again