Whitwell @ Temple

bigbody1220

As much as I would like to see that game I won't be there Thursday night. I'll be at SP's Jr High game. No hate here fish, I just call them as I see them and what would I need motivation for? The Silverdale game was not the blow-out that most predicted (I came close and I picked the MC-ND game), so what happened? I have seen a lot of big talk from Temple fans and players and that is fine. I don't mind saying I was wrong.... if I am wrong...will you come on here and do the same???

Temple loses a close one by 2.

I will gladly come on here and say that I am wrong, and I will go ahead and go on the record of saying that next week we will not be the best team on the field, BUT, the best team doesn't always win. S.P. is a great football team with more talent than anyone around here I would say, they are the class of the region, and I know our kids are looking forward to having a shot at playing the best team in the state.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will gladly come on here and say that I am wrong, and I will go ahead and go on the record of saying that next week we will not be the best team on the field, BUT, the best team doesn't always win. S.P. is a great football team with more talent than anyone around here I would say, they are the class of the region, and I know our kids are looking forward to having a shot at playing the best team in the state.

Good Luck Friday. We will talk more about SP-Temple next week. One game at a time

I have seen both teams play several times and I would have said Temple blows them out because Whitwell is not a good team. I must admit though when I saw Temple struggle against Silverdale I am not so sure. Whitwell can not stop the run or the pass, but is Temple healthy enough to do either one? Something happened to the three players averaging 100 yards rushing. Ridley and Smith didn't really show up Friday which surprised me. I hope they rebound for Temple's sake. How is Josh's ankel? I still pick Temple, but only by a TD. I hope I am wrong.

I have seen temple play firsthand. I watched them DESTROY lookout valley. Lookout Valley beat Whitwell, but not in convincing fashion. So I ASSUME Temple will win. They cannot suffer a loss going into South Pitt. It doesnt matter if they almost lost to Silverdale, a much improved team. Temple can be allowed a bad game. Just not this week. Expect the Crusaders to move the ball well against a soft Whitwell defense.

. . . .so what happened? I have seen a lot of big talk from Temple fans and players and that is fine. I don't mind saying I was wrong.... if I am wrong...will you come on here and do the same???

Temple loses a close one by 2.

Look, even if Temple had one bad night -- that's ok. They still won the ballgame, whether it was by 7 or 27. I have complete confidence that the Crusaders have learned a lot about themselves over the last week and will have a great game against the Tigers of Whitwell on Thursday night. Whatever the outcome, there will be no need for me to come on here and say I was wrong about anything. Temple has a great team of fellas that play their hearts out week after week. They should be proud of what they have accomplished thus far as a football team, ignore the critics, and play to the best of their abilities the rest of the season.

In the words of the great John Wooden, "Do not let what you CANNOT do interfere with what you CAN do". Of course, as the Crusader motto says, "I CAN do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

In the words of the great John Wooden, "Do not let what you CANNOT do interfere with what you CAN do".

Great quote OTB63.

Maybe Temple was overlooking Silverdale a bit and expecting it to be an easy "W", but I don't think that will happen against Whitwell - regardless of how porous Whitwell's defense might be (according to other posts). This game has HUGE implications for the region standings. Whitwell knows it. So does Temple.

Look, even if Temple had one bad night -- that's ok. They still won the ballgame, whether it was by 7 or 27. I have complete confidence that the Crusaders have learned a lot about themselves over the last week and will have a great game against the Tigers of Whitwell on Thursday night. Whatever the outcome, there will be no need for me to come on here and say I was wrong about anything. Temple has a great team of fellas that play their hearts out week after week. They should be proud of what they have accomplished thus far as a football team, ignore the critics, and play to the best of their abilities the rest of the season.

In the words of the great John Wooden, "Do not let what you CANNOT do interfere with what you CAN do". Of course, as the Crusader motto says, "I CAN do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Maybe it was just a bad night,,,but maybe they are struggling a little. Whitwell is needing this win badly and they have played well at times. I just feel this is Whitwell's night to turn the corner. Temple has been thinking about the SP game for the last 2 weeks and it showed against Silverdale.. I just call them as I see'em. Whitwell by 2

That's right, an early batch, and get them while they're still warm... Tiger MuffinsMuffin%20Madness.jpg

But really, on a serious note. Temple will be looking to make a statement in this game, and for this reason I will say that they will win by 14. The Whitwell bunch will not be able to stop Temple, and they won't be able to keep up in their scoring much like the L.V. game though Temple's better than Valley.

Edited by Silky Johnson

Temple has been thinking about the SP game for the last 2 weeks and it showed against Silverdale.. I just call them as I see'em.

Well you certainly don't see well because I'm pretty sure that the Temple players have not been thinking about the SP game to the extent that it affected the way they played against 'dale.