MARYVILLE, please drop WM BLOUNT from schedule

Maryville should play up even if they dont heve enough students for 5A. They would be better games, and they would still be in the top of the state every year. Doesn't Alcoa play up? Arent they really a 1A school? I could be Wrong. In the playoff..... Maryville vs Riverdale...... vsRavenwood....vs DB.....vs ScienceHill....ect

Man I would go watch those games.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville should play up even if they dont heve enough students for 5A. They would be better games, and they would still be in the top of the state every year. Doesn't Alcoa play up? Arent they really a 1A school? I could be Wrong. In the playoff..... Maryville vs Riverdale...... vsRavenwood....vs DB.....vs ScienceHill....ect

Man I would go watch those games.

I agree with you and Powellfan, I may not be a Maryville alum or resident, but I enjoy watching them play, and it would be great to see them play some of those teams. I'd definitely pay to go to those games.

OSU, Yes I agree I want them to keep the Alcoa game its a fun game, But the players cant enjoy playing there schedule Yes they have 3 or 4 hard games a year, But when you have the talent and the coaching they have let them play the big boys like Oak ridge and BA and some of those teams in Chattanooga

I've already been hearing internal rumblings from the county school (I never call them by name) that THEY are looking to drop the game as well.

I was told yesterday that an official from "the county school" called a school in Anderson County last week looking for an opponent, so they could drop Mairvul.

Edited by STARSNBARS

You cant tell me that maryville players dont want to step up and play the better schools, And I believe maryivlle maryvilles attendence fro students is 1421

Where Powell is 1121

The classification for a 5A school is over 1358 for football,

So you tell me where maryville should be playing

No im not whining, I love getting to watch maryville play they are a exciting team to watch.

Im statins facts too they are 70 students over the regultions as of right now.

PF when they did the count Mairvul was under 1358. Unless their enrollment goes up 20% in 2 years they will remain in 4A until the next realignment in the fall of 2009. Read the Uncle Ronnie's TSSAA rule book if you don't believe me.

Oak Ridge played up for years, until they moved the ninth grade to the high school and they had enough to be in 5-A. They wanted to play the best, simple as that. I think Maryville has some creative administrating going on at the very least, meaning they have been very shrewd in making sure they just barely meet the cut off. Marville has been growing for the last 20 years, yet the school isn't. Hmmm. Don't get me wrong, Maryville would still be excellent in 5-A with the "big boys", and win their share of region and state titles. But people around here are just fed up with the fuzzy math that's going on. They actually have more students than some 5-A schools right now. But don't worry it's gonna happen soon enough. And alot of schools including us (OR) are going to get what we're asking for. Other schools you better be ready, cause the Rebs are coming soon. Personally, I don't care if they play 4-A forever. We could just meet non conference once a year. I know how good they are and why would you clamor for one of the very best in the state to join your region that already has OR, Farr, WB, the Owls, Soddy and McMinn every few years. Doesn't make sense to me.

To sum it up 5-A people: You better watch what you wish for, you just might get it, and when you do, you won't like it. There's my 2-cents worth.

Oak Ridge played up for years, until they moved the ninth grade to the high school and they had enough to be in 5-A. They wanted to play the best, simple as that. I think Maryville has some creative administrating going on at the very least, meaning they have been very shrewd in making sure they just barely meet the cut off. Marville has been growing for the last 20 years, yet the school isn't. Hmmm. Don't get me wrong, Maryville would still be excellent in 5-A with the "big boys", and win their share of region and state titles. But people around here are just fed up with the fuzzy math that's going on. They actually have more students than some 5-A schools right now. But don't worry it's gonna happen soon enough. And alot of schools including us (OR) are going to get what we're asking for. Other schools you better be ready, cause the Rebs are coming soon. Personally, I don't care if they play 4-A forever. We could just meet non conference once a year. I know how good they are and why would you clamor for one of the very best in the state to join your region that already has OR, Farr, WB, the Owls, Soddy and McMinn every few years. Doesn't make sense to me.

To sum it up 5-A people: You better watch what you wish for, you just might get it, and when you do, you won't like it. There's my 2-cents worth.

Just curious.....who are the people that are fed up with the "fuzzy math"? Do you think the TSSAA would adjust so that Maryville could stay 4A? When Maryville sent in their student count....by the way that was verified.... the TSSAA said "let's skew the numbers so Maryville can stay in 5A".... :lol: ...LMBO...please..

Oh well...to each their own. Let me assure you OR does not want Maryville in 5A... :lol:

Now on to the subject at hand... The rumor is very strong that Meadows has contacted Shaddock at Clinton looking for a game. The obvious replacement is Maryville. Why would Meadows what to replace Maryville?.....the reason is obvious......the same reason he wanted Alcoa off the schedule. The excuse used was John Reid and Alcoa being 2A but those in the know understand that the real reason was Warren...Feigler...Duck Lindsay....Avery....Love...White and the others in that star studded class. Now that Alcoa is going to see a drop off in tallent for a couple of years suddenly WB and Meadows are wanting the WB - Alcoa match-up to resume.

There is a pattern here and WB and Meadows doesn't have anybody fooled...... :lol:

Edited by MLREB

It just seems odd to me that they're so close to the 5A cutoff. Makes you think, no? If they were in 5A, they would most likely be in Oak Ridge's and WB's Region, so we wouldn't have to listen to 03 whine about wanting to drop WB in favor of Oak Ridge.

Not whining. Suprised you don't know the difference. Re-read my post and then think of your coach Meadows. I simply wish all of you the best against Clinton.

From the band to the fans, coaches, letters to the editor, educ tv, internet and loud speaker you guys haven't missed a beat in proving you are loosers.

Maryville, drop them. .... and send them some game film for Clinton.

Edited by 3

Sure Maryville send in their student count, and they knew exactly what to make it to insure they would be in 4-A. creative administrating. Fuzzy math is being 1 student under the cutoff, when the whole city of Maryville is growing and busting at the seems but not the high school. The people fed up are all the smaller 4-a schools that are getting beat up by the biggest 4-A school in the state on a yearly basis.

Yeah, you are right. Personally, as an Oak Ridger, I don't want Maryville in my region. But we're not afraid of the Rebels, and I believe we would win our share. Can you at least admit that Maryville is the biggest school in 4-A and has been for the last 4 years, and that they now have more students than some 5-A schools, Can you admit that? It seems to a lot of people in this area, that Maryville is the big bully that beats up on everybody and it's about time they pick on somebody their own size. I know Maryville fans are poised to attack me, but it's just my own opinion. So, take it easy.