Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

My top eight will be something like this

1. Union City-- Even be a Lake County fan i've got to go with a team that won state in the district. But repeating will be even tougher with some inexperience players in the post. Will really miss the x-man and Quis. But MJ Brown is a star in the making.

2.Lake County-- Seen them in summer leagues and some of the players on the aau travin teams. Lots of size and tons of athleticism. Brandon and Channing might be the best two wing players in the state in single a.

3.Temple-- Alwayes seems to find thereselfs at the campus of mtsu. Got upset in substate but i expect a showing in this tournment.

4.Culleoko-- I'm not sold on this team. Has the easyest road to mtsu but got upset in the substate. Having a player like demario and still cant get to state going trough competition like what was at the campus of middle tn. is a disgrace. But for the easyest road i've have to rank yall 4 by the fault. Yall should be the only sure thing going to state.

5.Grace-- With some experence at guard would help. But having the second best post player in the state will repesent yall as the 5th best team in the state.

6.Humboldt-- Lack of deph. at guard will doom this team from making it to mtsu. But are they big inside. Derek Sain is goin to have a huge year and Ej. is a strong moster inside with the ugliest free throw shot i've ever witness in my short life. (Maybe someone can show him to shoot granny style. it couldnt hurt.)

7.Cosby-- Ran into a buss saw in the tournment. But this team does a good job of possition themselves to make a run to the tournment every year.

8.Halls-- This team is short on deph. but Demarkas Patrick can carry this team in streches. C. harris is a beast inside and rebounds and playes with alot of heart. But the lack of deph. at point and post will doom this team.

And i think that Lake Co. will play Union City in the title game to see who will win it all.

That's all great & good, but at the beginning I asked everyone to put who would meet in the boro and then rank those 8. Unless they have changed the tournament format 4 teams from the west can't make it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rankings but my 8 looks like this:

Grace & Temple

Lake County & Union City

Harriman & Hampton

Nashville Christian & Culleoka

Honorable Mentions:

Cascade, Columbia Academy, Cosby, Pickett, Jackson Co., Oliver Springs, East Literature, Humboldt, Middleton

theres no way hampton will be in there if there will be anyone it will be University High

No rankings but my 8 looks like this:

Grace & Temple

Lake County & Union City

Harriman & Hampton

Nashville Christian & Culleoka

Honorable Mentions:

Cascade, Columbia Academy, Cosby, Pickett, Jackson Co., Oliver Springs, East Literature, Humboldt, Middleton

Theres no way hampton will be up there if anyone it should be University High

Unless University high had some good transfers, ther is no way they make it. They will be a one man team with woodacre. He is probably the best player in 1a this side of knoxville, but he can't do it alone. Hampton returns nearly everyone from a substate team last year. Cloudland also returns most of their starters as does Unaka. Any of these teams could finish 1 through 4. But I can't see UH winning this conference. They can not win the big games.