Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

Cosby only had one guy that impressed me when Humboldt played them last year in state and that was the big guy, Blakely...He played hard and was on the boards and didn't seem to be intimidated like his teammates, so props to him...he's a good ball player...Other than him though, I wasn't impressed so the two guards you're talking of...they must have been sick that day?

My preseason Top 10 looks like this...

1) Union City - Defending champs get the number 1 ranking, but I don't expect them to stay

2) Lake Co - A lot of guys coming back from a team that was loaded last year w/ one of the best coaches in the state in Whitby..

3) Grace - Even without the guard play, 6'10 and 6'8 will be a tough matchup for anyone..

4) Humboldt - One game away last year, and despite what some think, might just be more talented this year and they've been there the past two years, so they know what it takes

5) Temple - Returning all from a good team last year, led by Mr. Basketball candidate Seth Skogen

6) Culleoka - Mr. Basketball candidate Demario Williams is a great talent and should lead this team

7) Middleton - Always a good team, returning plenty of talent

8) Halls - Yep, that's right...4 teams from 14A...Don't like it? Come over to the West and prove me wrong. Night in, night out, this district houses the highest level of 1A basketball in the State

9) Cosby - Well coached and an easy schedule should get them a great record, but I don't expect them to be capable of beating any of the above

10) Summertown - A lot of young talent and playing the underdog here, don't be suprised to see them take the region from Culleoka..

Edited by red_16

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby only had one guy that impressed me when Humboldt played them last year in state and that was the big guy, Blakely...He played hard and was on the boards and didn't seem to be intimidated like his teammates, so props to him...he's a good ball player...Other than him though, I wasn't impressed so the two guards you're talking of...they must have been sick that day?

1) Union City - Defending champs get the number 1 ranking, but I don't expect them to stay

2) Lake Co - A lot of guys coming back from a team that was loaded last year w/ one of the best coaches in the state in Whitby..

3) Grace - Even without the guard play, 6'10 and 6'8 will be a tough matchup for anyone..

4) Humboldt - One game away last year, and despite what some think, might just be more talented this year and they've been there the past two years, so they know what it takes

5) Temple - Returning all from a good team last year, led by Mr. Basketball candidate Seth Skogen

6) Culleoka - Mr. Basketball candidate Demario Williams is a great talent and should lead this team

8) Halls - Yep, that's right...4 teams from 14A...Don't like it? Come over to the West and prove me wrong. Night in, night out, this district houses the highest level of 1A basketball in the State

9) Cosby - Well coached and an easy schedule should get them a great record, but I don't expect them to be capable of beating any of the above

10) Summertown - A lot of young talent and playing the underdog here, don't be suprised to see them take the region from Culleoka..

i like this one from you red. good luck to the vikes on the year

There should be 4 teams from 14 A in the top ten. It is without a doubt the toughest district in class A.

let me tell u something red u r about an idiot you didn't see cosby basketball at state last year but i PROMISE YOU'LL SEE THEM THIS YEAR

let me tell u something red u r about an idiot you didn't see cosby basketball at state last year but i PROMISE YOU'LL SEE THEM THIS YEAR

Maybe you should consider how Humboldt took Cosby behind the shed last year at State and how Union City would've done the same...Oh, and Grace would've beat you just as bad...Cosby came into the game all proud of their great record, but even the coach and some of the players were saying in the papers how they've never seen talent like that...I mean honestly, who'd you play last year that's worth mentioning...? You're right, they might make another state appearence...They have an easy road, so congratulations...but, it won't last long...As far as the idiot remark...I won't even acknowledge it...Ppl can be real tough with a keyboard huh? Just shut up with the trash talk, give your "basketball opinion" and that should be the extent of what he hear from you, rookie <_<

Maybe you should consider how Humboldt took Cosby behind the shed last year at State and how Union City would've done the same...Oh, and Grace would've beat you just as bad...Cosby came into the game all proud of their great record, but even the coach and some of the players were saying in the papers how they've never seen talent like that...I mean honestly, who'd you play last year that's worth mentioning...? You're right, they might make another state appearence...They have an easy road, so congratulations...but, it won't last long...As far as the idiot remark...I won't even acknowledge it...Ppl can be real tough with a keyboard huh? Just shut up with the trash talk, give your "basketball opinion" and that should be the extent of what he hear from you, rookie ;)

WELL LISTEN HERE RED U THINK PEOPLE CAN BE TOUGH ON A KEYBOARD..ILL SHOW U WHOS 4REAL..IF U EVER MAKE IT 2 EAST, TN U CAN GIVE ME A CALL 423-237-3825..THEN WE'LL SEE HOW U ACKNOWLEDGE THAT..N O THANKS ON THE CONGRATS THE ROAD WILL BE EASY..ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP....COSBY WILL HAVE THE GOLD BALL

WELL LISTEN HERE RED U THINK PEOPLE CAN BE TOUGH ON A KEYBOARD..ILL SHOW U WHOS 4REAL..IF U EVER MAKE IT 2 EAST, TN U CAN GIVE ME A CALL 423-237-3825..THEN WE'LL SEE HOW U ACKNOWLEDGE THAT..N O THANKS ON THE CONGRATS THE ROAD WILL BE EASY..ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP....COSBY WILL HAVE THE GOLD BALL

You wanna bet??? Seriously I would give cosby 20:1 odds on winning the gold ball. And dude settle down. Its just flat out ignorant giving your number out and wanting to fight people over a high school basketball message board. Count to 10, smoke a cigarette, chew some tabacco, or whatever yall do over there in Cosby.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

You wanna bet??? Seriously I would give cosby 20:1 odds on winning the gold ball. And dude settle down. Its just flat out ignorant giving your number out and wanting to fight people over a high school basketball message board. Count to 10, smoke a cigarette, chew some tabacco, or whatever yall do over there in Cosby.

Man he needs a hug in the worst of ways. If anyone said that about lc i would comment back but not that hositile. Take a few prozac and call me in the morning or i might call you since you gave everyone your number. For Fun i might prank phone call him and tell him how bad Cosby is. But i love my life so i think i will stay away from the crazy guy from cosby. Peace be unto you sir.

Like the Bible says or Jesus said himself Anger worketh not the rightousness of God. Please read your Bible verse for the day and i will grant ya that you will have a better day.

Edited by lakecountyfan007

how did cosby do in the state tourney last year is all i have to say

I know it will never happen, but there should be some way to allow more than a maximum of two teams from one district to make the state tournament. I know that anything that anybody comes up with will not be fair for someone, and the format that tssaa has now is a pretty good one...but Lake County, Humboldt, Union City, and Halls all could have competed in the state tournament. For Union City last year, they played harder games to get to the tournament than they actually played at the state tournament. I know nothing will probably ever change, but district 14A is just so overloaded with quality teams that it isn't even funny.