TSSAA HYPOCRITES

82cat

Let me start by saying I am not a Ronnie Carter fan. I respect the man because he is in a no win situation.

1- They do not investigate reports unless it comes from a school. Individuals unless they add Name address and a way of contacting them would be futal. Because they get 200 letters, emails a day from fans saying someone is recruiting or other issues.

2- He reports all findings to a board of governors. Which they have close to 10 school Principles and Athletic Directors on it. They make the decision on what the punishment is after Ronnie Carter and his group make their recommendations.

3- I blame Mr Carter and his staff for 2 things. A) the public/Private split. :lol: Spending hard earned money on trying to trap Brentwood Academy and keeping it in the courts so that the money spent should have gone into the kids and the schools that really need the help. He should either force all Private Schools into the Private School league or disband it all together.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying I am not a Ronnie Carter fan. I respect the man because he is in a no win situation.

1- They do not investigate reports unless it comes from a school. Individuals unless they add Name address and a way of contacting them would be futal. Because they get 200 letters, emails a day from fans saying someone is recruiting or other issues.

2- He reports all findings to a board of governors. Which they have close to 10 school Principles and Athletic Directors on it. They make the decision on what the punishment is after Ronnie Carter and his group make their recommendations.

3- I blame Mr Carter and his staff for 2 things. A) the public/Private split. :lol: Spending hard earned money on trying to trap Brentwood Academy and keeping it in the courts so that the money spent should have gone into the kids and the schools that really need the help. He should either force all Private Schools into the Private School league or disband it all together.

absolutely all privates should be classified together :lol:

hmmm..If I were from Smyrna I don't think I would be messing with the TSSAA. You guys might have a little vulnerability there.

You seem to be mostly concerned with who didn't get investigated. Pretty transparent, don't you think?

Back to the purported 'premise' of this thread. I don't think the TSSAA should ever investigate based on an anonymous email, tip, source, whatever. If someone has a complaint they should be man enough to make it. They should not send an anonymous email from out of state or something.

If the TSSAA starts responding to anonymous tips they will get bunches of them. In fact, I expect they'll get a deluge of valuable information.

In order to be politically correct, let me add that my comments above have nothing to do with Smyrna.

Edited by TDCman

hmmm..If I were from Smyrna I don't think I would be messing with the TSSAA. You guys might have a little vulnerability there.

You seem to be mostly concerned with who didn't get investigated. Pretty transparent, don't you think?

Back to the purported 'premise' of this thread. I don't think the TSSAA should ever investigate based on an anonymous email, tip, source, whatever. If someone has a complaint they should be man enough to make it. They should not send an anonymous email from out of state or something.

If the TSSAA starts responding to anonymous tips they will get bunches of them. In fact, I expect they'll get a deluge of valuable information.

smyrna?

82cat,

This really comes across to me as you being biter towards Riverdale- I guess for not getting caught at something in your eyes.

The reason I get that feeling is cause Smyrna- to my knowledge- has not been punished by the TSSAA in recent years. Is this correct? So you have no reason to have a beef with them.

As for Milan- Murhpy Fair reported something about them playing with an ineligible player last Friday night on the radio, I don't know where he got his info (I know he was in the region) but I don't think he falls into the "anonymous" catagory does he?

man, some of yall are really stuck on the U of R. Lets take it to a ravenwood example. how does ronnie give a hardship to a kid that gets kicked out of one school( danid lipscomb i believe) doesn't move or anything, and then starts playing immediately at ravenwood. i kno, someone is going to say extenuating circumstances, right. what about the hundreds he turns down every year for legitimate reasons. i guess he just wasn't in the area.

this has zero to do with eiter team it is all about 3 sentences

1. the tsssaa policy is it does not investigate anonymous information

2. the tssaa "usually" does not investigate anonymous tips

3. " we were in the area" - now you have to admit that is hilarious

The first sentence in this post makes it clear this is "not" about riverdale or Milan but how the TSSAA especially Ronnie Carter does what they want at the time.

The only reason riverdalE was brought up is because that is where the context of Ronnies Carters and the TSSAA'S not investigating anonymous information is found.

Im telling you folks when a director can choose what he deems appropriate anonymous information all schools should worry

DO NOT MAKE THIS ABOUT RIVERDALE OR ANYONE

IT IS ABOUT RONNIE CARTER AND THE TSSAA

Edited by 82cat

3- I blame Mr Carter and his staff for 2 things. A) the public/Private split. :thumb: Spending hard earned money on trying to trap Brentwood Academy and keeping it in the courts so that the money spent should have gone into the kids and the schools that really need the help. He should either force all Private Schools into the Private School league or disband it all together.

Thats my point they are investigating an anonynous tip this time when they have publicly stated their policy is they don't

I agree

it is not about that, only the selective choice of Ronnie Carter deciding what he wants to investigate

I agree also

It is also concering in who the choose not to investigate

What does that last sentence mean? It really sounds like you have a not so well hidden agenda. What schools are you referencing that have you concerned over their failure to investigate?

I only ask because your posts in this thread have used the "R" word seven times.

Edited by TDCman

let me rephrase it to be clear

if you are going to investigate anonymous tips --- fine go ahead and do it

but don't say " we were in the area so we decided to look into this one".

the tssaa says they get lots of them so who decides who looks at what?

if your policy is to not investigate anonymous tips then don't do it!

I agree with their policy 100%

I have said every way I can this is not about any school but is about an orginization that sometimes follows policies to the letter sometime but other times decides to "interpret" the policy

How many times have we heard stories about athletes in say wrestling not being allowed to compete due to some technicality and then here from the tssaa " well were sorry and feel for the kid but that is our policy" ( I don't remeber the exact sequence but something happened to a kid that was supposed to wrestle at state)

my beef is not with any school but the tssaa

let me rephrase it to be clear

if you are going to investigate anonymous tips --- fine go ahead and do it

but don't say " we were in the area so we decided to look into this one".

the tssaa says they get lots of them so who decides who looks at what?

if your policy is to not investigate anonymous tips then don't do it!

I agree with their policy 100%

I have said every way I can this is not about any school but is about an orginization that sometimes follows policies to the letter sometime but other times decides to "interpret" the policy

How many times have we heard stories about athletes in say wrestling not being allowed to compete due to some technicality and then here from the tssaa " well were sorry and feel for the kid but that is our policy" ( I don't remeber the exact sequence but something happened to a kid that was supposed to wrestle at state)

my beef is not with any school but the tssaa

cat,

I see what you are saying and agree 100% even if no one else does. Either never investigate anomyous tips or investigate all of them. Don't pick and choose based on who is tipping and who the tip is about.