TSSAA HYPOCRITES

82cat

cat,

I see what you are saying and agree 100% even if no one else does. Either never investigate anomyous tips or investigate all of them. Don't pick and choose based on who is tipping and who the tip is about.

\

My work here is done at least one person on here understands this is about the tssaa and how dangerous it is to allow an individual to pick and choose which anonymous tips they look into.

I will now get off my soap box :thumb:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

\

My work here is done at least one person on here understands this is about the tssaa and how dangerous it is to allow an individual to pick and choose which anonymous tips they look into.

wah wah wah!!! I'm sorry but don't complain about getting investigated for doing something wrong. There are different types of tips, credible and not, certainly the TSSAA is smart enough to know which is which. I'm sure they are doing what is in the best interest of everyone involved. If Ronnie Carter is doing something illegal, he too will be investigated. Quit making such a big deal about nothing!!

\

Unfortunately, I am afraid the ol' good ol boy political system of Tennessee is alive and well in the TSSAA and a lot of the decisions they make is based on who-knows-who and who-owes-who-what. That is just my opinion based on recent events and probably has no substantial merit whatsoever.

from the tennessean

October 27, 2004

Section: Sports

Edition: 1ST

Page: 2C

TSSAA to ignore Riverdale e-mail STAFF

TSSAA officials said yesterday that they will not respond to an anonymous e-mail sent to several members of the Board of Control as well as media outlets alleging that -------- High School is using an ineligible football player.

You keep saying it is the TSSAA's policy not to investigate anonymous tips, but you quote this article that says they will not respond to this particular email. This article does not say it's their policy. Does anyone here know all the details of this incident? This article you brought up was from 2 years ago. Things change in 2 years.

Unfortunately, I am afraid the ol' good ol boy political system of Tennessee is alive and well in the TSSAA and a lot of the decisions they make is based on who-knows-who and who-owes-who-what. That is just my opinion based on recent events and probably has no substantial merit whatsoever.

It's the way the world works, cops don't pull over every person who is speeding, they use their judgement, even though policy tells them to enforce all laws. It's called having a brain and using it. Blame who you want, but if you don't break the rules you don't have to worry about it. The TSSAA will never make everyone happy, someone will always be complaining that their rules are too lenient, and when they tighten up, someone will complain that they're too rigid and aren't fair to individual circumstances. It's reality people every situation is different, and the best leaders are the ones who use policy as a guide and their brain too assist in decision making. I'm sure that Ronnie Carter acts in a way that is in the best interest of all involved. Stop whining for 5 minutes and think about what a job like that entails. After agonizing over decisions that will affect the lives of young men and women everyday and seeking council and reading the rules and talking about the circumstances and interviewing people and talking to coaches and players and family members and finally coming to a conclusion that you think is best, people like you with no clue of all the details and all the work that went into a decision and all of the behind the scenes stuff get on here and spout off with no recourse whatsoever. It's easy for you to throw out allegations of anything with no backup. I know people will say I have an agenda but I have no connections to TSSAA or Ronnie Carter at all. I just hate people who think that just because someone is in a poistion of authority they are crooked or out to get people.

It's the way the world works, cops don't pull over every person who is speeding, they use their judgement, even though policy tells them to enforce all laws. It's called having a brain and using it. Blame who you want, but if you don't break the rules you don't have to worry about it.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Selective enforcement of published policy (if that's what it is -- I have no personal knowledge) breeds disrespect for rules. Moreover, to say that if you don't break the rules you have nothing to worry about is dangerous for our very freedoms if taken to its logical extreme. Folks in whom we vest executive power must be accountable. I'm pretty dang conservative when it comes to punishing criminals, but I also understand the need for rules that let criminals go free when law enforcement doesn't follow the law in guaranteeing such things as the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. The criminal may be guilty as sin, but the reason for that part of the 4th amendment is not to protect him, it's to protect you and me -- those who aren't breaking the rules but WOULD have something to worry about if those with executive power weren't held to a higher standard.

It's the way the world works, cops don't pull over every person who is speeding, they use their judgement, even though policy tells them to enforce all laws. It's called having a brain and using it. Blame who you want, but if you don't break the rules you don't have to worry about it. The TSSAA will never make everyone happy, someone will always be complaining that their rules are too lenient, and when they tighten up, someone will complain that they're too rigid and aren't fair to individual circumstances. It's reality people every situation is different, and the best leaders are the ones who use policy as a guide and their brain too assist in decision making. I'm sure that Ronnie Carter acts in a way that is in the best interest of all involved. Stop whining for 5 minutes and think about what a job like that entails. After agonizing over decisions that will affect the lives of young men and women everyday and seeking council and reading the rules and talking about the circumstances and interviewing people and talking to coaches and players and family members and finally coming to a conclusion that you think is best, people like you with no clue of all the details and all the work that went into a decision and all of the behind the scenes stuff get on here and spout off with no recourse whatsoever. It's easy for you to throw out allegations of anything with no backup. I know people will say I have an agenda but I have no connections to TSSAA or Ronnie Carter at all. I just hate people who think that just because someone is in a poistion of authority they are crooked or out to get people.

I have thought more than 5 minutes about it, and if you don't think the good ol' boy system doesn't run athletics from coach-pitch baseball (I defer to montague1 here) all the way up, then you don't have a clue. Good people get caught up in it all the time, whether they want to or not.

Edited by Solomon

First let me say this post is not about Milan or Riverdale it is about Ronnie Carters absolute rule

Whenever someone prefaces a sentence with "this_____ is not about", you always know that it is going to be exactly what they say it's not about. And in this case, it's Milan. Don't think 82cat would have gotten his shorts in wad about Maryville, MBA, Oak Ridge, etc. Nope, his ox got gored and it's about Milan. Not a problem, just tell the truth.

When the first words out of your mouth are:

"this post is not about Riverdale or Milan"

Then it is about Riverdale and Milan- You mentioned them. No one on here would have connected the dots if you didn't put them out there for all to see.

If someone starts a conversation like this:

"Man, this has nothing to do with Bill Clinton, but I really hate guys that cheat on their wives and swear on national TV that they didn't- hypocrits!"

What are you going to think?

Seriously, how do you explain that?

Here lets try another:

"This has nothing to do with E coli, but tonight our restaraunt won't be serving spinach"

What do you think about that one?

Another you ask? All right.

"This has nothing to do with with the crap I just took, but you might not want to go in ther right now"

When the first words out of your mouth are:

"this post is not about Riverdale or Milan"

Then it is about Riverdale and Milan- You mentioned them. No one on here would have connected the dots if you didn't put them out there for all to see.

If someone starts a conversation like this:

"Man, this has nothing to do with Bill Clinton, but I really hate guys that cheat on their wives and swear on national TV that they didn't- hypocrits!"

What are you going to think?

Seriously, how do you explain that?

Here lets try another:

"This has nothing to do with E coli, but tonight our restaraunt won't be serving spinach"

What do you think about that one?

Another you ask? All right.

"This has nothing to do with with the crap I just took, but you might not want to go in ther right now"

Too good!