AA State Tournament

War Eagles

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Goodpasture have this year besides CJ Davis? If they don't have anything back then I could agree that WHHS would represent Region 4.

Region 5 is tough with MLK and David Lipscomb along with CPA. Does Giles have anything?

I feel bad for the teams in district 11 having to go up agians all the team in 12 in Region 6.

Well CPA host Harpeth November 14 for the first game of the season, so that should be a good one. And didnt Goodpasture have two big guys last year one graduated and they still have the red head dont they??? Dont feel bad for us..

4 total play football from whhs, but only 2 out of the top 7, roger gaines the center is the main one but honestly goodpasture is not really even in the top 2 preseason wise, station camp would be favored over goodpasture, john jenkins is something else, but no matter what every team in the district is goin to have to find some way to guard c.j.

Juice00,

I agree with you about Jenkins being a player. I saw him a couple of times last year and you don't see that many freshman playing that BIG in Middle TN.

I saw WHHS a couple of times last year and Barnes can play some ball as well. Where did Jameson end up at? Is the big guy the same one you all had last year? He was not very mobile when I saw him play last year. Not unlike myself he could have stood to lose about 40 - 50 lbs. Hope he is in better shape this year.

I do expect CJ Davis to be much more assertive with Frye graduated now.

Edited by ollies sub

Who is David Lipscombs new coach? Is he a Lipscomb system guy?

I've watched tons of Lipscomb basketball over the past 10 years and their key to success is their system and their unbelievably hard working gym rats. You can't name very many natural athletes that have come out of Lipscomb although they have had phenomanal success for what they have had to work with. They have been made through great teaching and hard work. And involvment in a system that most were introduced to going back to when they were in elementary school.

I know the Slater kid is somewhat of an exception. I am just wondering if the new coach is from the Lipscomb system. Pickens was around along time before he was head coach. This will be interesting for them, especially longer term.

Any insight??

Who is David Lipscombs new coach? Is he a Lipscomb system guy?

I've watched tons of Lipscomb basketball over the past 10 years and their key to success is their system and their unbelievably hard working gym rats. You can't name very many natural athletes that have come out of Lipscomb although they have had phenomanal success for what they have had to work with. They have been made through great teaching and hard work. And involvment in a system that most were introduced to going back to when they were in elementary school.

I know the Slater kid is somewhat of an exception. I am just wondering if the new coach is from the Lipscomb system. Pickens was around along time before he was head coach. This will be interesting for them, especially longer term.

Any insight??

New coach is Mike McPherson. He has been at DL for at least 12 years . He has coached girls basketball , boys middle school , and JV squads... all with much success. He is very familiar with their program and should keep the beat going.

They didn't win it last year either and made it to the sectionals BUDDY, we'll wait and see who wins it this year, no use in tellin me they're not when I never said they were, get your facts correct BUDDY. I don't know who is goin to guard Roger Gaines ? you can answer that one for me though. 6'8" 325 and if you double, Garrett Wood 6'6" 230 is there for the dunk. And you can give welch, barnes, or rucker a 3 i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

oh well i dont want to start a message board argument here but if you want someone to gaurd gaines then i guess ill just have to throw station camps 6'7" 250 post drew mcdonald. and we beat them twice last year but. your right we will just have to see. ps watch out for john jenkins

Well CPA host Harpeth November 14 for the first game of the season, so that should be a good one. And didnt Goodpasture have two big guys last year one graduated and they still have the red head dont they??? Dont feel bad for us..

Well i dont knoiw how Harpeth is this year, but CPA doesnt have anything except a point Gaurd who can shoot nearly lights out, but he doesnt like to play defense at all. Also they have Z but he is all intimidation, he's lazy and will come out strong, but die out. ive played with him before and was completely dissapointed in his ability around the basket on both offense and defense for the limited amount of times he made it down the floor. Ima have to put CPA beating ezelle this year, but nobody else in their district.

Well i dont knoiw how Harpeth is this year, but CPA doesnt have anything except a point Gaurd who can shoot nearly lights out, but he doesnt like to play defense at all. Also they have Z but he is all intimidation, he's lazy and will come out strong, but die out. ive played with him before and was completely dissapointed in his ability around the basket on both offense and defense for the limited amount of times he made it down the floor. Ima have to put CPA beating ezelle this year, but nobody else in their district.