1.) Sycamore (1-0)

1.) Stewart Co. (1-0)

1.) Creek Wood (1-0)

4.) Montgomery Central (0-0)

4.) Waverly Central (0-0)

6.) Cheatham Co. (0-1)

6.) Harpeth (0-1)

6.) Fairview (0-1)

Tomorrow Night marks the second night of district action for the 2006-2007 season and EVERY TEAM IN THE DISTRICT will be playing on Tuesday :angry:

Cheatham Co. at Harpeth

Sycamore at Fairview

Creek Wood at Stewart Co.

Waverly Central at Montgomery Central

I'LL POST THE RESULTS TO ALL OF THESE GAMES & THE UPDATED DISTRICT STANDINGS AFTER TOMORROW NIGHT'S GAMES ARE CONCLUDED!!!!!

The second night of District 11AA Games is in the books and here is how it stands:

1.) Sycamore (2-0): beat Cheatham Co. & Fairview

1.) Stewart Co. (2-0): beat Fairview & Creek Wood

3.) Montgomery Central (1-0): beat Waverly Central

4.) Creek Wood (1-1): beat Harpeth & lost to Stewart Co.

4.) Harpeth (1-1): beat Cheatham Co. & lost to Creek Wood

6.) Waverly Central (0-1): lost to Montgomery Central

7.) Cheatham Co. (0-2): lost to Sycamore & Harpeth

7.) Fairview (0-2): lost to Stewart Co. & Sycamore

Friday Night's Games:

Harpeth at Sycamore: the War Eagles look to remain in control over their county rivals in the district standings while the Indians look to make it a huge logjam at the top of the mountain.

Montgomery Central at Cheatham Co.: the Indians are off to a good start in the district while the Cubs need to win this one to keep any kind of second half title hopes alive.

Stewart Co. at Waverly Central: the Rebels are once again off to a fast start in the district title hunt and they'll need to win games like this to remain a legit threat throughout the year while Waverly just looks to avoid falling deep in the district cellar early in the year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Craig was a very good coach at Waverly. We all wish him luck in Stewart County, except for two nights each year. However, you yourself admit later in this thread that talent alone does not win ballgames. If you want to make it sound like our present coach didn't do much two years ago with all of that talent, let's examine the situation. First of all, he was hired to be the head coach at the very end of the summer which kept him from playing in any leagues or camps at all.

Then, because of TSSAA rules, he could not have tryouts until November. He could have cut about 4 or 5 of those seniors during tryouts because he needed to keep some younger ones, but he did not. Which is why they had so many the last two years. As for all of the wins with the so called talent, yes, one of the more talented teams that Waverly has had in a while. However, anyone that is objective will agree that the 2004-05 team played better defense and offense as the season wore on. And, to think that we lost to Bolivar(2 time defending state champion at the time) by only 8 or so points, on their home floor, with our big man on the bench (Hollis fouled out in early 4th qtr), our leading scorer and playmaker on the bench with a quad injury(Ralston), not to mention playing against 2 D-I prospects on the floor, just might indicate that our coach was doing a pretty good job.

So, 'Justthefacts', you might need to step back and look at the situation. Be objective if you can. We appreciate the years Coach Craig was here, and maybe you played for both coaches and liked Coach Craig better. Fine, your right to do so. But don't bash our coach because of some misguided grudge. Or, maybe you are one of those players who should have been cut and got a gift instead. Maybe you should be thanking him for keeping you on the team. Our team is young and will get better as they get more experience. Support them if you are a true fan.

Shut up if you are not. :o:angry:

I agree with most of what you say. I do think Coach Craig was a good coach. I also think that Coach Kevin is a good coach. I think he really cares about his players and should be given a chance to prove himself. There is some young talent at Waverly now. The one thing I don't agree with is that there should have been 4 or 5 seniors cut. They were very good ball players that would have started in a lot of places just not Waverly because of their superior talent. But let's all get behind Coach Kevin and help him restore the proud tradition of Waverly basketball.

Dickson's kids got in trouble at our game as well.

Glad to hear that Coach Rawlings called and checked on your player, how is he exactly?

I am the coach that the lady supposedly talked to. Only problem was I never saw her or I would have said something. Most times I am too involved in preparing for a game to notice what the fans said.

Cut Lan some slack. He had just broken his wrist on a senseless, intentional foul where he had been shoved in the back while in mid-jump. I don't know if you have ever broken a bone, but it involves some intense pain. A lot of people respond to pain by saying a few things they normally wouldn't say. Add to the pain the realization that his senior season is now over after busting his butt for

3+ years and possibly his chance at playing college ball is over because of a stupid play by another player.

It's easy to be judgemental about another person without walking in their shoes. But remove yourself from your allegiances and put yourself in the same situation with the same thoughts running through your head. If you respond in a polite, gentle manner, then you are a better person than probably 98% of the world.

As for the fans waiting outside, I was not aware of that until we were outside getting ready to go. Please don't judge a whole county on the actions of a few thugs. In my experience, I've run into a few thugs in Waverly but I still have several friends in Waverly, Coach Rawlings being one of them, and I still have a tremendous amount of respect for the city. Just know that we do not condone that kind of behavior.

By the way, Lan wasn't kicked out of the game, he was on his way to the emergency room.

Lan will be out 8 weeks, then have to go through rehab. I don't know if he will have a chance to play for us again but we are hoping so.

I don't know who he would have cut. They were the best 9 on the team. and I know for a fact that he (coach) would call plays on the sidelines and the players went out and run what they wanted. They won the games. Last year's team was a joke. and no, I'm not a player, former player or parent or former parent. Just a fan that graduated from Waverly that wishes the sports at WCHS would be like they used to be.

Well, it's basketball season again and it seems as if the idiots are out in force. 'justthefacts', do us all a favor and take your computer and throw it out the window. Your posts wreak of anger against a coach/team, whatever that you obviously don't like. Don't try to act like a true fan when you're not. Of course you don't know who he would have cut, you are not the coach who won 26 games. I don't care who the coach is, 9 seniors on a squad is too many. It can hurt you down the road. Besides, those seniors were good kids I am sure. Nothing personal, just the way things are. But, if you knew for a fact that the players ran what they wanted to, then #1 you must have been sitting on the bench hearing the call and knowing that the players were not running the plays, or #2 you were on the floor(I doubt it) running whatever you wanted to. I am quite certain #1 is the correct answer. However, why must you bash last year's team as well. Maybe you need to get counseling with a professional or a local preacher might be just fine. Either way, I agree with WCHS fan, be silent and stop embarassing all of the true fans that do support the WCHS teams.

um did anybody watch stewart vs. creekwood last night, I think stewart should move up in the predictions the way they played last night.

The SCHS and Creekwood game was an indication of more great games to be played, and not just from these two teams. After watchin an ill-faded West play his guts out, a 'scrappy' (as yall say) rebel bunch come together, a Defense step up, an offense penetrate..I have hopes for a move from Bramlett and his guys. Both teams played it close all night: 7-6 red hawks after 1. 17-14 rebels halftime. 30-28 rebel leads after 3. Then the rest was like a back and forth defensive scheme..quite interesting. Both teams deserve props for making it a battle through and through. West & Hargis' OT FT's were critical for the decisive victory, and Lancaster stood firm with 18pts and a great effort up and down the court. In the same respect, Jeppsen and Elliott for Creekwood helped push the red hawk pressure all night. It wasn't a high scoring affair, but had all the reason for a thrilling contest.

I agree with most of what you say. I do think Coach Craig was a good coach. I also think that Coach Kevin is a good coach. I think he really cares about his players and should be given a chance to prove himself. There is some young talent at Waverly now. The one thing I don't agree with is that there should have been 4 or 5 seniors cut. They were very good ball players that would have started in a lot of places just not Waverly because of their superior talent. But let's all get behind Coach Kevin and help him restore the proud tradition of Waverly basketball.

Young talent....thats for sure..The freshman won 87-12 the other night..against a district opponent, Montgomery Central

I am the coach that the lady supposedly talked to. Only problem was I never saw her or I would have said something. Most times I am too involved in preparing for a game to notice what the fans said.

Cut Lan some slack. He had just broken his wrist on a senseless, intentional foul where he had been shoved in the back while in mid-jump. I don't know if you have ever broken a bone, but it involves some intense pain. A lot of people respond to pain by saying a few things they normally wouldn't say. Add to the pain the realization that his senior season is now over after busting his butt for

3+ years and possibly his chance at playing college ball is over because of a stupid play by another player.

It's easy to be judgemental about another person without walking in their shoes. But remove yourself from your allegiances and put yourself in the same situation with the same thoughts running through your head. If you respond in a polite, gentle manner, then you are a better person than probably 98% of the world.

As for the fans waiting outside, I was not aware of that until we were outside getting ready to go. Please don't judge a whole county on the actions of a few thugs. In my experience, I've run into a few thugs in Waverly but I still have several friends in Waverly, Coach Rawlings being one of them, and I still have a tremendous amount of respect for the city. Just know that we do not condone that kind of behavior.

By the way, Lan wasn't kicked out of the game, he was on his way to the emergency room.

Lan will be out 8 weeks, then have to go through rehab. I don't know if he will have a chance to play for us again but we are hoping so.

I hope Lan can make a full recovery. And if the lady didn't talk to you, then what can you do? Nothing.

Also, I do not mean to trash all of Hickman Co., just to tell how immature those 20 or so kids were. I know a lot of very very good people from Hickman Co..

And i thought Lan was kicked out of the game, I'm sorry for that mistake