District 11AA

Big Country

Who would have thought that Cheatham County would beat Harpeth. It seemed like Harpeth had taken over and would pull away from the Cubs. The Cubs regained their composure and came away with the upset win.

Big Country

Sycamore is really still in the same position they were in prior to tonight's Harpeth loss. They still must find a way to do something they haven't done in two previous attemps, beat Harpeth. As long as there aren't any upsets Tuesday evening involving the top two teams then whoever wins the game next Friday will win the district. So Harpeth still controls their own fate with a week to go, as well.

Congrats to the Cubs on the big win.

Very True, I believe that this loss is what Harpeth needed. Now Coach Wilson will tell the guys about this reality check and how to fix it. Harpeth has been playing on Cloud 9, and they will get back on track and maybe hit there stride around Regions this year. Congratulations Cheatham.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game Friday night is not the only big game of next week. CreekWood travels to Ashland City in a game that could go a long way towards deciding the #3 spot in the district. I think both teams would prefer to avoid playing Stewart County in the district tournament.

A Cheatham win would lock up the #3 spot for the Cubs. A CreekWood win ties the two teams in the loss category and would appear to set up the opportunity for a tie for the three spot unless there were some upsets.

Any thoughts on this game?

The game Friday night is not the only big game of next week. CreekWood travels to Ashland City in a game that could go a long way towards deciding the #3 spot in the district. I think both teams would prefer to avoid playing Stewart County in the district tournament.

A Cheatham win would lock up the #3 spot for the Cubs. A CreekWood win ties the two teams in the loss category and would appear to set up the opportunity for a tie for the three spot unless there were some upsets.

Any thoughts on this game?

Cheatham will beat Creek Wood. point blank.

I think Coach Wilson will get his Indians back together and work hard like he always talks about and try get his team ready for two contests next week. He has a good team and they will be ready. Coach Froedden also does a good job with his team.

It ought to be a very interesting game next Friday. If your going you better get there early.

If CW loses then SC and CW are tied at 6 losses and SC wins vs MC they would be 8-6 so SC has a chance at home where they are dangerous. But remember SC was winning by 8 going into halftime at CW but got shut out in the 3rd so SC can play at CW if needed.

Also remember SC has won 4 out of their last 5 with an 18 point win over Cheatham. That one loss was to a very good Harpeth team.

Edited by 34SL

The loss for Harpeth did not change ne thing for next Fridays game against Sycamore. Reguardless Sycamore has to win the game Friday.

Harpeth has two losses in the district and if they beat Sycamore they both have two losses and the tie breaker goes to Harpeth cuz they would have beaten Sycamore twice.

If Harpeth won tonight, of course Sycamore would have to win, cuz the loser would have two losses and the winner with only one.

So what im tryin to prove is that the Cheatham game didnt even matter to the standings, for Harpeth that is.

Harpeth was primed for an upset. They've been winning kinda ugly for awhile, blowing big leads and then making a run to win. They needed a gut check and they got one. It just didn't work out. Trey Carruthers contested 3 had a chance and then Newton got the rebound, but his shot was short. Hats off to Cheatham. Joey Beech played a heck of a game. When the Indians got a 6 point possession with an intentional foul on a made basket and converted on the free throws and the possession that followed, Cheatham looked like a team on the ropes. They overcame it though and pulled it out. Good job Cubs.

The game at Montgomery Central isn't a gimme. That's a tough court to shoot on and then they catch Sycamore at home on senior night. Beating a good team 3 times in the same season is tough to do. I hope this wake up call gets the Indians fired up going into districts. Either way, it looks like a 1 or 2 seed. I'd like to avoid Cheatham at their place in the tournament though.

Harpeth was primed for an upset. They've been winning kinda ugly for awhile, blowing big leads and then making a run to win. They needed a gut check and they got one. It just didn't work out. Trey Carruthers contested 3 had a chance and then Newton got the rebound, but his shot was short. Hats off to Cheatham. Joey Beech played a heck of a game. When the Indians got a 6 point possession with an intentional foul on a made basket and converted on the free throws and the possession that followed, Cheatham looked like a team on the ropes. They overcame it though and pulled it out. Good job Cubs.

The game at Montgomery Central isn't a gimme. That's a tough court to shoot on and then they catch Sycamore at home on senior night. Beating a good team 3 times in the same season is tough to do. I hope this wake up call gets the Indians fired up going into districts. Either way, it looks like a 1 or 2 seed. I'd like to avoid Cheatham at their place in the tournament though.

Sounds like it was a great game Congrats! Cheatham on ur BIG win over a great Harpeth team I think this loss just slapped them in the face now lets see how they are going to rebound. Friday night against a good Sycamore squad. When districts come around its going to get nasty if Cheatham and Creekwood either have to host Stewart County I promise its going to be very tough coming off a big, big win and has won 4 out of the last 5 games lets see if they can keep it up when Mont. Central comes to Dover to face a very Rowdy Rebel Bunch!

Cheatham was also very patient on offense and got a lot of shots in the paint by spreading Harpeth out and making them guard them on the perimeter. Basically Cheatham shortened the game and kept Harpeth out of any offensive rhythm. Harpeth took the lead by increasing the pressure on the Cubs and forcing turnovers. After getting the lead Harpeth looked like they thought Cheatham was finished. Cheatham County took the shot and then responded to pull off the upset.