District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to be able to make it down there tomorrow night but I doubt that I will since I do have a night class on Mondays that runs from 4:30-7:30PM. I'll be checking in with rolltide to see how the Lady Cubs are faring in their game with McNairy Central.

As for the guys I should not miss a game this week. I'm just glad spring break is next week because I can now attend any substate game that I would like to attend next Monday night. Hopefully Harpeth will be playing a team like Giles Co., MLK, or Pearl Cohn here in the midstate. I HOPE THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AGAINST BOLIVAR CENTRAL ON TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!

P.A. your opponent on Tuesday night is a team full of a bunch of winners. I told you last night that you'd enjoy watching Joey Beach play and now I'll tell you that you'll definately enjoy watching a young man named Austin Lohin play. He is #11 the PG for Sycamore. Just watching he and Anthony Sampson go head-to-head on Tuesday night is every bit worth the price of admission. Sycamore also has some excellent shooters who when they are on can shoot the lights out of the basketball. Murray Harris, Aaron Nicholson, Derek Cannon, Shane Staggs, & Tyler Huston are all excellent examples. Finally the thing that Sycamore has that Liberty Tech probably has not seen in some time is the fact that they are a tremendous team inside. Pierre Mitchell is #43 and you'll enjoy watching that young man play as well as #41 Travis Dempsey (who is an excellent post player). John Kinman is #51 and he goes about 6'8 or 6'9 and could give Liberty fits IF IF IF the game turns into a halfcourt affair. Pete Froedden's War Eagles are still considered by a few out there to be the best team in the district BUT THEY JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET PAST THE MENTAL BLOCK THAT IS THE HARPETH INDIANS!!!! Me personally????? I believe Harpeth is the best team in the district because when you beat a team 4 TIMES you're simply better than that team end of story. You should get there early on Tuesday to watch Harpeth play Bolivar Central. THAT SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME!!!!! I would love to see Sycamore make things interesting against Liberty Tech on Tuesday night but after last night I just don't believe there's a team in the midstate that I have seen play this year that can play with the Crusaders IF THEY SHOW UP READY TO PLAY & DON'T OVERLOOK AN OPPONENT OR JUST SIMPLY GET BORED WITH THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION THAT THEY ARE PLAYING!!!!!

I hope to be able to make it down there tomorrow night but I doubt that I will since I do have a night class on Mondays that runs from 4:30-7:30PM. I'll be checking in with rolltide to see how the Lady Cubs are faring in their game with McNairy Central.

As for the guys I should not miss a game this week. I'm just glad spring break is next week because I can now attend any substate game that I would like to attend next Monday night. Hopefully Harpeth will be playing a team like Giles Co., MLK, or Pearl Cohn here in the midstate. I HOPE THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AGAINST BOLIVAR CENTRAL ON TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!

P.A. your opponent on Tuesday night is a team full of a bunch of winners. I told you last night that you'd enjoy watching Joey Beach play and now I'll tell you that you'll definately enjoy watching a young man named Austin Lohin play. He is #11 the PG for Sycamore. Just watching he and Anthony Sampson go head-to-head on Tuesday night is every bit worth the price of admission. Sycamore also has some excellent shooters who when they are on can shoot the lights out of the basketball. Murray Harris, Aaron Nicholson, Derek Cannon, Shane Staggs, & Tyler Huston are all excellent examples. Finally the thing that Sycamore has that Liberty Tech probably has not seen in some time is the fact that they are a tremendous team inside. Pierre Mitchell is #43 and you'll enjoy watching that young man play as well as #41 Travis Dempsey (who is an excellent post player). John Kinman is #51 and he goes about 6'8 or 6'9 and could give Liberty fits IF IF IF the game turns into a halfcourt affair. Pete Froedden's War Eagles are still considered by a few out there to be the best team in the district BUT THEY JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET PAST THE MENTAL BLOCK THAT IS THE HARPETH INDIANS!!!! Me personally????? I believe Harpeth is the best team in the district because when you beat a team 4 TIMES you're simply better than that team end of story. You should get there early on Tuesday to watch Harpeth play Bolivar Central. THAT SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME!!!!! I would love to see Sycamore make things interesting against Liberty Tech on Tuesday night but after last night I just don't believe there's a team in the midstate that I have seen play this year that can play with the Crusaders IF THEY SHOW UP READY TO PLAY & DON'T OVERLOOK AN OPPONENT OR JUST SIMPLY GET BORED WITH THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION THAT THEY ARE PLAYING!!!!!

I do plan on getting there in time for the first game. Will there be plenty of seating....do I need t get there really early?

That's the thing I'm always afraid of is looking past someone or self destructing. Dexter usually has them focused for one game only and that is the one their about to play. Anybody else and I'd have my doubts.

Props to the Red Hawks for the best season in school history and making it to the region for the first time. Our five junior starters will be back next year for another run at it.

Props to you Coach (is that you?). If not, then props to Coach Taylor. You (he) have done a great job with that program. This seems like a group that will get to the next level next year.

Good luck and keep doin' what you do.

Monday Night the two Girls Games will take place at 6:00 & 7:30PM at Waverly Central High School. The two games are Liberty Tech-Lexington & McNairy Central-Cheatham Co.

Tuesday Night the two Boys Games will take place at 6:00 & 7:30PM at Waverly Central High School. The two games are Liberty Tech-Sycamore & Bolivar Central-Harpeth.

AS SOON AS I GET THE CORRECT TIMES FOR EACH OF THOSE GAMES I WILL RELAY THEM TO EVERYONE!!!!!

BC & Slube, the game times for each night are 6:00 & 7:45

Monday Lexington vs. Liberty Tech girls 6:00

Cheatham Co. vs. McNairy Central 7:45

Tuesday Harpeth vs. Bolivar boys 6:00

Liberty Tech vs. Sycamore boys 7:45

We all knew that Liberty would win, why are you "laughing so hard you cant breath"?? I am sorry you havent cheered for a good team Boys or girls in 4 years. Maybe you should move to 12aa and cheer for them since you have seen so many teams play from there district.

You obviously didn't read the full post. Someone said that Sycamore would be competitive with Liberty Tech. Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

I do plan on getting there in time for the first game. Will there be plenty of seating....do I need t get there really early?

That's the thing I'm always afraid of is looking past someone or self destructing. Dexter usually has them focused for one game only and that is the one their about to play. Anybody else and I'd have my doubts.

There are plenty of seats, you won't have to worry. Balcony seating on both sides.

You obviously didn't read the full post. Someone said that Sycamore would be competitive with Liberty Tech. Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

No, he was referring to your post about the Liberty/CCCHS game where you stated you were laughing so hard you lost your breath.

Here's my issue with you.

The majority of your posts give the appearance that you are still in high school, maybe as old as a sophomore.

Here you are an adult in a semi-professional role as a radio personality for a 11AA program, yet you seem to be REVELING IN THE DEMISE OF YOUR OWN DISTRICT'S TEAMS to the 12AA schools, well Liberty at least. Wow, a lightbulb just went off in my head, it's not 11AA getting beat that you're enjoying, it's only the Cheatham County teams that you're getting a kick out of seeing get beat. Dude, swallow that jealousy, don't worry, I think I'm the only one who remembers your 11AA predictions and how ludicrous they were.

We know that NO TEAMS IN AA stand a chance against Liberty. We have established that time and time again. Stop beating the horse already, it's been dead awhile.

Are we 11AA fans fooling ourselves? No, I can't find one post on this board that has said anyone will beat Liberty.

Still look forward to meeting you, but you gotta let go man, for the most part you are chatting with kids 18 and younger, take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Slube

Props to you Coach (is that you?). If not, then props to Coach Taylor. You (he) have done a great job with that program. This seems like a group that will get to the next level next year.

Good luck and keep doin' what you do.

Thanks Slube. It's easy to do a good job when you have good kids. All the credit needs to go to the boys for finally getting us over the hump. Just curious, who are you a fan of?