Arbys Classic

HighSchoolFanatic

Former Champions Bradley Central werent invited this year? hmmm guess they didnt want Bradley makeing the other teams look silly again :lol:

Coach Burns usually doesnt bring back visting teams. There are so many teams trying to get in he likes to give the other teams that deserve in a chance. I heard Coach Burns pursued them to get into this year anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Burns usually doesnt bring back visting teams. There are so many teams trying to get in he likes to give the other teams that deserve in a chance. I heard Coach Burns pursued them to get into this year anyway.

If they want gate money put both White station and Bradley central in . There arent two teams that can say they are rivals with as much distance between them as these 2 team. Played each other for the state championships twice and for the Arbys Championship once.

I think White Station should be invited year in year out. But theyre not the same without Coach Tippett.

I agree, white station Is always a great team to watch play. Everytime they are invited, they are usually in the running to win the whole thing. That is probably the reason they are not always invited, but I think if they would be invited every year, then that would make for a great challenge to bring even better teams to play. The teams are good, but they could be a lot better. Just take out most of the locals. The local teams help bring attendance, but I think all the people that come to those games would still come anyway, because the teams like Elizabethton, Boone, and East, usually only last 2 games, 3 at most.

My guess is replacing Bradley Central with Greeneville was meant to increase the gate. I don't know how effective that will be with the Ladies Classic going on in Greeneville.

No matter who is playing this tournament is going to sale out a couple of nights each year.

In fact they have sold a number of tickets to watch games by close circuit television in the auditorium a few times.

They are not concerned about ticket sales. They sale enough in the concession stands in one night to cover all expenses, the rest of the week is gravey.