Seth Skogen from Tennessee Temple

gofish12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is good. I don't doubt that. I just don't see him as a wide reciever in the SEC. Maybe a tight end but is he willing to block and not get the ball. If he can block, he would be a great guy to have at tight end because he would be able to run routes and catch the ball. We will see what happens, just don't see him playing WR with the speed that is in the SEC.

Well look at Mike Williams the WR who played with USC he only run a 4.6 at the combine a couple years ago and was still a first round pick...look at Boldin who plays for the Arizona Cardinals he run a 4.8 at his combine about 4 years ago and was drafted early in the 2nd round...now is a top 20 WR in the NFL.

Theres no doubt that with that Height and Weight he could play in the SEC...maybe not dominate but he could be a very good possesion WR with good hands and great route running :thumb:

I would sort of compare him to a Jeff Samardzija of Notre Dame.

He has great athletic abilities, strong, and with good speed. He is a receiver that posses excellent concentration and hands, who is more physical than one would think against defenders, that allows him to gain an advantage on defenders during game action, he is also more effective after the catch with (YAC) yards after catch.

He seems to display great confidence in what he does on the field and is a playmaker. He is definitely a go to guy and should do well in college.

They had film of Skogen laying on the field after an extra point last night, hows the ankle? Im sure he'll play Friday, but how effective will he be?

Let's put it this way, he scored a couple of touchdowns after the injury. So, he should be ok.

the bad thing about a superstar team is that as the year goes by the team will supconsciencely start leaning on his playmaking ability and when temple goes up against a good defense and that post, the superstar, is knocked out from under them then it is lights out for that team because they will be able to do nothing without him. in other words a good defense can shut him down and then temple will have nothing to score with because of their dependence on him. you can argue with me but i have seen it happen A LOT of times. it happened to my team when i played high school.

Lets keep this about the Skogan kid and his skills not his team or if Temple can or cant win games. I have never seen him play but I did see him with the recruits at the UT/Cal game earlier this year. I am sure he is good, and he obviously has great size for football and skills but Temple plays a very week schedule and I wonder if he was playing in 3A, 4A, or 5A football would it be different? I know he wouldnt be putting up the numbers he is now...also will playing for a new program and a very small program make college coaches question his ability to adapt and develop his game?

Lets keep this about the Skogan kid and his skills not his team or if Temple can or cant win games. I have never seen him play but I did see him with the recruits at the UT/Cal game earlier this year. I am sure he is good, and he obviously has great size for football and skills but Temple plays a very week schedule and I wonder if he was playing in 3A, 4A, or 5A football would it be different? I know he wouldnt be putting up the numbers he is now...also will playing for a new program and a very small program make college coaches question his ability to adapt and develop his game?

phil phulmer i think once said "stats on a field are stats on a field, doesn't matter the size of the schools", and regardless of what he said look at two years ago. FCS had a quarterback that got a scholarship to go play for i believe it was Lville kentucky. they are top 25 ranked right now. So i don't think that the size of the school matters. Also another example is there is a star reciever who plays for USC who came from.... either goodpasture or DCA i can't remeber to be honest. Basically what i am saying is that if the talent is there, the scouts will notice.

Edited by FCSpoe

Vanderbuilt is recruiting him to play linebacker or DE..... and I think that skogen is the best receiver, deffinately in single a, possibly the state- he is however being recruited by every school to be a TE not a WR... Hands down mr. football, and I think you redshirt him a year put some weight on him and SEC TE is deffinately a possbility....

I have not seen Skogen play yet but will this Friday night. Will know more than, but I don't think South Pitt will determine if he is for real or not. Just becuase South Pitt has a bunch of speed doesn't mean much for his individual skills. To me you don't really have to have lightning speed to play WR. Run your routes and get open and there is nothing wrong with nickel and diming your way down the field with a dependable WR. May not get big plays for highlight reels every week but you could still be successful. Like I said i will know more after i see him in person this week. With the way people are talkin about his skills, South Pitt better not let him break lose like they let Justin Headden twice.

I have not seen Skogen play yet but will this Friday night. Will know more than, but I don't think South Pitt will determine if he is for real or not. Just becuase South Pitt has a bunch of speed doesn't mean much for his individual skills. To me you don't really have to have lightning speed to play WR. Run your routes and get open and there is nothing wrong with nickel and diming your way down the field with a dependable WR. May not get big plays for highlight reels every week but you could still be successful. Like I said i will know more after i see him in person this week. With the way people are talkin about his skills, South Pitt better not let him break lose like they let Justin Headden twice.

Coach Pratt will have a plan to slow Skogen down. Skogen is real good but it is a team sport and 11 play on each side. Skogen will make some plays but SP ain't a muffin team and have gotten better since the Boyd game. I am looking forward to seeing Skogen in action. Boyd played us better than anybody this year and I don't think Boyd would lose to Temple if they played. Boyd played Cookeville pretty tough this week. Good luck with Seq Co.