Seth Skogen from Tennessee Temple

gofish12

I don't normally blow smoke up individual players but after watching Temple play last night at Finley stadium, Seth Skogen is the best player I have seen this year. College coaches, whether it be a big school or a small school, should be after this guy like crazy. He has the speed, size, hands, and desire to play big time college football. I believe without a doubt he can play in the SEC! Yes I said it the SEC!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally blow smoke up individual players but after watching Temple play last night at Finley stadium, Seth Skogen is the best player I have seen this year. College coaches, whether it be a big school or a small school, should be after this guy like crazy. He has the speed, size, hands, and desire to play big time college football. I believe without a doubt he can play in the SEC! Yes I said it the SEC!

just out of curiosity, what is his ht, wt and 40yd times?

He is good. I don't doubt that. I just don't see him as a wide reciever in the SEC. Maybe a tight end but is he willing to block and not get the ball. If he can block, he would be a great guy to have at tight end because he would be able to run routes and catch the ball. We will see what happens, just don't see him playing WR with the speed that is in the SEC.

He is good. I don't doubt that. I just don't see him as a wide reciever in the SEC. Maybe a tight end but is he willing to block and not get the ball. If he can block, he would be a great guy to have at tight end because he would be able to run routes and catch the ball. We will see what happens, just don't see him playing WR with the speed that is in the SEC.

yea, i agree, thats why i asked.. a sec school would try and put about 20 pounds on him and turn him into a te.. thats not fast enough for a wr in the sec..

Or maybe put get him in working extra hard in the weight room and give him a try at FB maybe???

I don't believe he is a FB at all. Seth is a very good player and will either play at TE or WR in college. I understand he is going to Georgia Tech on a recruiting trip tomorrow. I heard that there were scouts from GT (and other schools) at the game on Thursday night to watch him and a couple of others play.

Hey Fish. Just tell him to make sure his jock strap is on tight Friday night

With that size and speed I agree with a lot of you that he would be a tight end in D-1, and I have seen him play only a couple of times and I think he is a possible D-1 player but not a lock. On the bright side for the kid he does have a lot of pottential, and if UTC isn't knocking his door down they are nuts, but I remember last year that I heard someone say they wanted to turn Antonio Robinson into a defesive end.

Then again Skogen's size and speed make him look like a linebacker prospect as well.

How he plays against a lot of speed this week will tell a lot. The pirates will come hard, come fast, and hit hit Temple in the mouth. We will see if they get back up and make a game out of it or stay down to recieve their 40 + point whippin that a lot of teams have recieved.

The fact that he has the potential to play all the positions talked about so far and be successful at any of them speaks for how good an athlete this young man is.

A side note on UTC. Talked to a young man (not Skogen) who UTC is talking to. He said they told him he was their top prospect at his position but they wouldnt give him a scolarship because they wanted juco players. Thats sad and why they will never have a "program" there in my opinion.