Lake county Vs. Mckenzie

bballchamps

Wow we agree. I think there should be equal consideration too but it wasn't that way last year. just wanted to hear somebody say that. too bad everybody cant get what they deserve. some people dont have their chance even with the talent they had. still think keegan ball got cheated out of a chance for a good season. its not always about the QB. jsut like you say carr may be good but soe are the other guys.

Well, we kinda agree at least where this season is concerned we definitely agree generally.

Last season was a different animal alltogether and doesn't need to be brought up relative to this team. The past doesn't mean squat anymore!!!!

I was a Rebel, my kids were Rebels and we all will be untill we die. We support the program thru thick and thin and it's pretty thick at the moment so excuse us while we get on with the season. You are welcome to come along if you'll forget about the past and focus on the next game. Thanks.

Sam, I have gone back and edited a part of the post you are referring to. Go back and check it out. I suppose you'll find it to your approval as well.

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck, right on my brotha!

The bottom line is this. Lets say last season we did have the balance we have this year. One thing we didn't have last year is the defense. Everyone in West Tennessee knows that. The defense we had last year couldn't stop my sons flag football team. That is not a slam against them, it was just a year where we did not have it. All teams are going to go through that. And for the last time, no team w/ the exception of Huntingdon could stop our offense. Did we win all our games outside of Huntingdon of course not. But we scored enough points to win them all. But when you give up at least 30 plus a game, its hard.

Come on Sam, give it a rest!!!!!!!!!!! French and Fussell were used in a different capacity last season. Physical and mental improvement from them has been a huge asset this season. Last season the O line at McKenzie wouldn't give the blocking to run against our better opponents. We just couldn't do it. Not with Ball, French or Fussell. Make no mistake, we all are enjoying a more balanced offense this season and we're proud of our line which has matured into a mean machine up front that allows us to run the ball this season even against the better teams.

Obviously, you have a BIG problem with Hayes and that's your right. But, most of us understand we did what we had to do last season to win games. Our defense wasn't stopping anyone and our O line wasn't opening holes for our RB's so what other choice did we have???????????????????? You've got all the answers so tell us what we could have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carr is an excellent young QB. French, Fussell AND MERRICK have done an awesome job with our running attack. Everything we've done offensively is thanks to a MUCH improved O line and we have SEVERAL receivers who have done an awesome job as well. Justin Rogers has been VERY impressive this season. So has Julian Tucker, Bug Smith, Kendall Smith and all the backs out of the backfield.

Of course, I won't dare leave out the Rebel D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not on your life will that happen. They have bent a few times but, not broken since the Trenton game and that team could break a LOT of defenses!!! The Rebel D has taken it to everyone we've played since the Trenton game. Great job guys!!

MVP-------Rogers. Maybe. What about Carr? What about French? What about Bug Smith? What about a group thing with those 5 man-mountains up front in the O line gettin' it done most every play??? There are quite a few players on the Defensive side of the ball who have been very insrumental so far this season. Tyler Reeder is one who comes to mind easily. Schweitzer, Merrick, Smith, (too many to name really on either side of the ball). That's what we love about this team, they are all getting it done on the field. Last season is over and gone. It was what it was and a lot of us don't agree with your opinion. Nothing new so why don't you catch up with the calendar and focus on this season???????

I think I can safely speak for most of the Rebel faithful in saying that we are much more enjoying this season's progress compared to last season. It would have been more fun to watch last season too BUT, we didn't have the guns to do it last season. This team of Rebels (once again) isn't about a star player or two, it's about TEAM. As long as they stay that way, they will do well. If you want to help the cause for the Rebel football program get over Justin Rogers and support the whole team. AND I DON'T HAVE ONE THING ON EARTH AGAINST JUSTIN IN SAYING THAT! He is one tough and very good receiver and probably should be getting looks as Class A All-State! Just that we have some more players that should be getting equal consideration in their respective positions.

You know what? Before the LC-UC game, everyone was on here talking about how unstoppable Lake County was, how Union City didn't stand a chance, and how the Falcons would win by 2, 3 or 4 TDs.

Look at what the McKenzie fans are doing right now. True, Lake County hasn't played anyone as good as McKenzie. But I don't think McKenzie has played anyone with the offensive firepower of Lake County, either.

McKenzie, from top to bottom, is most likely the better team. But as we've all seen, the better team doesn't always win. I don't know what it is, I've just got a good feeling about the Falcons in this one.

Lake County 46 -- McKenzie 42

Wow we agree. I think there should be equal consideration too but it wasn't that way last year. just wanted to hear somebody say that. too bad everybody cant get what they deserve. some people dont have their chance even with the talent they had. still think keegan ball got cheated out of a chance for a good season. its not always about the QB. jsut like you say carr may be good but soe are the other guys.

I knew this idiot hadn't left, He's just been siiting back waiting on us to lose. And if we do so what, we in the playoffs again. Sam ur a broke record, u pick and chose what u want out of our text and use it like u said it. Ever see a punk walk beside a bully. He does that to make himself look better than he is. Ur comments about last season are redundant, lame, and incoherent. Where did these players come from, hmmm well they were on the sideline when we was playing 22 Drew hayes's last yr. Does that answer you question"? Is that what you wanted to hear? Do you actually have any knowledge of football? Or is it lonely at your home. No one to spend time with Sam? Or is ur miniscuel life on the brink of disaster? Whatever your problem is try to seek immediate counselling and stay off our thread with ur stupid insights to our team. Go ###### on the flames of someoneelse, get a divorce, whatever settles this disposition u find urself in. And good luck to you Sam, It does please me to know you have no kids to follow you through life jeez!!!!!!

You know what? Before the LC-UC game, everyone was on here talking about how unstoppable Lake County was, how Union City didn't stand a chance, and how the Falcons would win by 2, 3 or 4 TDs.

Look at what the McKenzie fans are doing right now. True, Lake County hasn't played anyone as good as McKenzie. But I don't think McKenzie has played anyone with the offensive firepower of Lake County, either.

McKenzie, from top to bottom, is most likely the better team. But as we've all seen, the better team doesn't always win. I don't know what it is, I've just got a good feeling about the Falcons in this one.

Don't get wound to tight for your Falcons to win, the loss will be easier to accept.

Mckenzie by alot. It won't be close to what u said.

I think it will have more defence than last year. Last year was to say the least a high scoring game. To my knowledge there was either one or two punts by mckenzie both in the second half. Both team rely on the qb to make plays Lc with his feet and Mckenzie with his arm but i'm lookin at this. It is goin to be key for kevin copnlin to get a passrush on mckenzie are this game could be alot higher scoring game than last year. The lake pass rush will be key if lake county uses its blitz coverages that they used last year with valintine it could be interesting.

bigwes68,

Most of what you're referring to comment wise didn't come from the Rebel fans on this thread (well, except for our chief pot stirrer....LOL!) One comment about your post though, don't flatter yourself by thinking that McKenzie hasn't played a team with offensive firepower the likes of LC. Possibly you need to take another look at our schedule as well as some of our pre-season opposition. Don't think for a second that teams like Trenton, Huntingdon, Union City as well as pre-season opponents like Crockett Co., Lexington, South Side can't hang some serious points on the teams LC has played. The only real predictions by McKenzie fans I've seen on here are talking maybe 2 TD's and all say they expect a tough game from LC who we expect to be ready to play next Friday night.

Nothing wrong with your having a good feeling about the game. That's why we play 'em. No matter what happens Firday night I'll assure you that the Rebels won't show up overconfident and after all, they are the ones the Falcons will have to play not the fans. Not trying to start anything just saying that we won't show up thinking we have a win in our pocket already and, yes------we've seen some pretty darn good offenses this season too (including one that beat LC) and survived the deal with all except Trenton and I wouldn't be afraid to play them again right now.

Lake County as some better player than Mckenzie. However McKenzie is better, period. Better balanced run/pass, offense/defense/special teams. O and lets not forget conditioned. Mckenzie played a good four quarters against UC because they could. I do not at all hate either team. I hope someone out of 7-a reps. well in the playoffs. But the facts are that LC hasn't beat an above average team in a while. And i'm not saying it wont happen this weekend. I'm just saying that McKenzie IS the better team.

And i dont know why some, not all, LC fans wanna roast UC and talk junk on why LC is better. Yall have yet to beat us lately and have yet to stop jawin at us. If we beat LC again are yall still gonna talk smack? YES

I think it will have more defence than last year. Last year was to say the least a high scoring game. To my knowledge there was either one or two punts by mckenzie both in the second half. Both team rely on the qb to make plays Lc with his feet and Mckenzie with his arm but i'm lookin at this. It is goin to be key for kevin copnlin to get a passrush on mckenzie are this game could be alot higher scoring game than last year. The lake pass rush will be key if lake county uses its blitz coverages that they used last year with valintine it could be interesting.

Those are all good points except you can't design a defense for Friday night aimed at stopping last season's Rebels. Yes, the Rebel passing game has been awesome this season so far---possibly better overall than last season in a lot of ways. However, in stopping that, most HS Class A teams open themselves wide open to a good running attack and ours is pretty decent this season (check the stats). It will take a lot more than a stellar performance by one or two players to stop the Rebel O. Am I saying it can't be done???????? NO!!! It can be done but, by a pretty darn good TEAM (maybe)!

Edited by duckman38201

bigwes68....I know you are smarter than that... :thumb:

I can't wait for the catfish to start frying. A good contest will be nice but, I'm afraid if Lake County runs outta gas in the first half it will be kinda lopsided. Back u was predicting a Mckenzie win two days ago. What has changed?

I can't wait for the catfish to start frying. A good contest will be nice but, I'm afraid if Lake County runs outta gas in the first half it will be kinda lopsided. Back u was predicting a Mckenzie win two days ago. What has changed?

I was quoting what bigwes said...Nothing has changed,I just know he is smarter than saying McKenzie has not played anyone that has more firepower than LC...He is following his heart and not using his head....