Temple vs. South Pittsburg at Finley

jeswins

Don't bet the farm :rolleyes:

I watched the Pittsburg and MC game Zone pirate, I wasnt impressed with the action by no means. I hate to say it but while there is some talent with the Pirates it wasnt that alone that allowed them to WIN, MC was outcaoched big time.

I read these postings about how MC couldnt run againt the Pirates, thats not totally true! MC did move the SP line, the Quaterback was only hit and rushed one time, besides that he never left the pocket. This is what MC sidelines doesnt understand, why keep trying to throw the freaking ball when the defense was in a pass prevent style. MC ran the ball a few time and gained almost 8 yards everytime, why try to force the pass? (bad game plan for MC)If you remember the only reason MC beat SP last year because they refused to pass and ran the whole game against SP's weaker line and eat up the clock therefore not allowing SP to have the ball. If they would have followed that game plan this year, I want say SP wouldnt have won because yes they have a little talent but the score might have been aliitle different. Again I am a SP fan so dont bash me to hard but if Temple can run the ball and mixes it up, SP might get brought back down to the real world. So for you Pirate players for the sake of maybe a state Championship shot dont count anyone out, take them all serious. SP over temple by 7

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Pittsburg and MC game Zone pirate, I wasnt impressed with the action by no means. I hate to say it but while there is some talent with the Pirates it wasnt that alone that allowed them to WIN, MC was outcaoched big time.

I read these postings about how MC couldnt run againt the Pirates, thats not totally true! MC did move the SP line, the Quaterback was only hit and rushed one time, besides that he never left the pocket. This is what MC sidelines doesnt understand, why keep trying to throw the freaking ball when the defense was in a pass prevent style. MC ran the ball a few time and gained almost 8 yards everytime, why try to force the pass? (bad game plan for MC)If you remember the only reason MC beat SP last year because they refused to pass and ran the whole game against SP's weaker line and eat up the clock therefore not allowing SP to have the ball. If they would have followed that game plan this year, I want say SP wouldnt have won because yes they have a little talent but the score might have been aliitle different. Again I am a SP fan so dont bash me to hard but if Temple can run the ball and mixes it up, SP might get brought back down to the real world. So for you Pirate players for the sake of maybe a state Championship shot dont count anyone out, take them all serious. SP over temple by 7

I hope you go get your eyes checked this week before you drive anywhere. SP completely after the 1ST quarter blew MC of the line of scrimmage. I don't see how MC could have gained almost 8 yard a carry when the paper and radio staff said they had 47 rushing yard on 17 attempts. Being a graduate from SP Mr. Shadrick would have taught me that would come out to 2.76 yards a carry. MC has a few good players especially #37, he doesnt quit like most of them.

You're not completely wrong, just mostly wrong :thumb: and if you know anything about football you should have been impressed. There is no doubt SP coaches outcoached MC coaches and I think we will see the experence of the SP coaching staff playing a big factor in the Temple game. A team's coaches have to put the playmakers in the right spots to make plays, this ain't little league.

SP was in a 3-3 cover 5 (which can be good against a spread O) so running will gain some yards. The 3-3 is not a prevent but it puts more DB's out there to cover 3, 4 or 5 receivers. I would expect something similar against Temple. SP coaches made some adjustments and pretty much shut down Jasper's running too after the first quarter. SP is also in a totally different offense than last year so comparing this year with last year is not apples to apples.

Don't think SP's line is weak, small but not weak and the LB's are fast and hard hitting. I promise you the SP coaches and players are taking things very seriously because reguardless of all the smack being talked on here Temple ain't a bad team ( ssshh just don't tell the muffin fans I said that).

Edited by zonepirate

OMG what game did you watch>? jasper's Qb was only hit once and rushed once? omg he was hit so hard by fitzgerald I rate it as one of the hardest hits in high school ive ever seen. he was Hit so hard he fell back down when he tried to even get up... after the 1st qtr jasper was hit and tackled in the backfield atleast a half dozen times just off the top of my head.. It was Total dominating game by the line and defensive backs.. I think your post was maybe the worst post ive seen on here in awhile and by far from the truth

OMG what game did you watch>? jasper's Qb was only hit once and rushed once? omg he was hit so hard by fitzgerald I rate it as one of the hardest hits in high school ive ever seen. he was Hit so hard he fell back down when he tried to even get up... after the 1st qtr jasper was hit and tackled in the backfield atleast a half dozen times just off the top of my head.. It was Total dominating game by the line and defensive backs.. I think your post was maybe the worst post ive seen on here in awhile and by far from the truth

I was impressed by the Jasper QB when he got up from that HIT and went back to the huddle instead of looking for his mommy

To add to what others have said about this post, I don't really remember Marion throwing it a lot in the first half. What? 3? 5 times at the most? I could be wrong on those numbers however. They tried running it more in the first half and were down 21 points. It was the second half that they tried to throw it and at that point they had to do something to try to come back. So as to "forcing the pass" instead of running it, they kind of got themselves into a hole where they had to try to "force the pass.

So the running the ball to control the clock and try not to throw it so much doesn't really fly with this one.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

reguardless of all the smack being talked on here Temple ain't a bad team

I imagine that was almost painful to say wasn't it :thumb:

You know a lot more about football than I do. I am a newbie as far as the logistics and strategies, etc. I played one year but spent the rest of my time playing sandlot ball, full contact but there were no rules. You know how it is/was.

I understand that Kevin Skogen, the offensive coordinator, is pretty sharp. It will be interesting to see how this chess game unfolds among the coaches. All Temple coaches are volunteers except Steve Beard who is part of the university faculty but they do an excellent job.

After seeing the game Friday night, I was trying to figure out why the MC coach called a timeout close to the end of the first half rather than just let the clock run out and go into the locker room down by 14. Instead he went to the locker room down by 21. Without looking at the actual stats, I thought MC was connecting mroe with the pass than the run. Even though they did get a couple of good runs, I remember SP stopping them over and over before they got to the line of scrimmage and forcing them to have to punt from deep from within their own half. Normally those punts resulted in SP setting up close to the 50. I know I suffer from "delirium" but that is the gist of the way I remember it.

Am I close? How do you remember it?