CPA vs. Fairview

sportfreak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Lions. I've always heard the coaching was top-notch there. Do yall have all coaching spots filled? Meaning 1 Head and 5 Asst.?

Close. I believe there are 8 assistants, two being former Titans and various others having played at Vanderbilt, Florida State, etc. Like I said before...loaded.

Our hats are off to CPA... they are the real deal. They embarrassed us at our place in front of our fans. Their QB Lowery is a great player and their linebackers are as good as we've seen.

We were outplayed and outcoached. We had guys in position and just didn't make the plays when we needed to. Against great teams, there isn't much margin for error.

I hope that all of you enjoy piling onto Fairview after this defeat. There's not a lot to say after the way we played tonight. It'll probably be a little easier later in the playoffs when we get to watch both Goodpasture and CPA dominate 6-2a in their respective brackets. Good times.

As for me, this will be my last post. And no, unlike Catfish Hunter... aka Big Country, I will not be reinventing myself at a later date. I think it might be a while before I'm done eating crow over this one. It's what I get for being too optimistic.

Good luck to CPA on the rest of their season and especially in Week 10 versus Goodpasture.

As for me, this will be my last post. And no, unlike Catfish Hunter... aka Big Country, I will not be reinventing myself at a later date. I think it might be a while before I'm done eating crow over this one. It's what I get for being too optimistic.

Come back, Shane, Shane come back! (or Onthehop). Don't take yourself too seriously. There's nothing wrong in supporting your team and getting excited about an upcoming game. These are the best of times for these athletes most of whom won't play another down after high school. Don't eat crow either. Your team is in the playoffs. CPA didn't make it last year, and the 55-53 loss to Ezell was the difference. So close! You never know what can happen. Regroup and get out there knocking some 6-2A heads!! You all have great facilities, by the way. Great view of the field from the hill.

Our hats are off to CPA... they are the real deal. They embarrassed us at our place in front of our fans. Their QB Lowery is a great player and their linebackers are as good as we've seen.

We were outplayed and outcoached. We had guys in position and just didn't make the plays when we needed to. Against great teams, there isn't much margin for error.

I hope that all of you enjoy piling onto Fairview after this defeat. There's not a lot to say after the way we played tonight. It'll probably be a little easier later in the playoffs when we get to watch both Goodpasture and CPA dominate 6-2a in their respective brackets. Good times.

Good luck to CPA on the rest of their season and especially in Week 10 versus Goodpasture.

There are good reasons to quit CoachT - I did it once myself, when another poster had nothing better to do but to make every reply to me personal and name-calling. But predicting a win for your team and being wrong is not a reason to quit. That's part of the fun of the forum that is only available on CoachT for the fans.

The most you boast the more you open yourself up for having to eat crow, but so what? As long as you respect the other teams and their fans in your posts, cheer on your team, make predictions, and have fun. Life is too short to quit something because you make a mistake.

. . . As for me, this will be my last post. And no, unlike Catfish Hunter... aka Big Country, I will not be reinventing myself at a later date. I think it might be a while before I'm done eating crow over this one. It's what I get for being too optimistic.

I agree with divepix. Fairview had a bad night but keep supporting your team. I think your sophmore QB has talent. The Cassidy brothers played well - #51 is a good looking freshman. I thought Fairview's effort was good. They played a pretty good second half. Early turnovers killed them.

Good luck to the "Swarm". :thumb: