CPA vs. Fairview

sportfreak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm going to take up for Fairview in this topic, they are a very well coached team and very physical, love to hit...haven't seen CPA play this year but have been hearing really good teams about them this year! I'm just expecting to see a closer score but really can't make a prediction due to the fact that i haven't seen CPA play....just a little closer than everyone thinks is what i would say...

Well i'm going to take up for Fairview in this topic, they are a very well coached team and very physical, love to hit...haven't seen CPA play this year but have been hearing really good teams about them this year! I'm just expecting to see a closer score but really can't make a prediction due to the fact that i haven't seen CPA play....just a little closer than everyone thinks is what i would say...

Thanks Indianfootball24! I'm glad to see someone appreciates the smash mouth football Fairview has been playing. And about all that hanging 62 on them by GP, I'm sure Fairview is looking forward to the 3rd round of the play-offs to avenge that game. Time will tell

Fairview is tough to beat at home on Thursday nights. I remember the 2003 matchup with Cheatham Co. where the Cubs were rolling in at 8-1 and just trounced Sycamore that Fairview won at home. 33-14 was the final score that night I do believe.

I hope Fairview wins this one. People have been picking against them all year long and I knew after scrimmaging them back in August that they had the potential to be a very solid football team. Cassidy and DeGalliford are excellent players and the placekicker is going to play big time college football in the not-too distant future.

Fairview shocks the doubters once again and wins at home (for the right to host a playoff opener) :blink:

Fairview: 31

CPA: 28

I won't predict a winner either. I do want to say that other than GP, Fairview, and CPA, the teams in 5-2A are disappointed in their season to date. That being said, to say either Fairview or CPA are super teams may be misleading. GP probably is that good. All that means is that if your team isn't playing Thursday night, you should be in Fairview! This may be the most evenly matched contest of the year for either team. Is there anything better than small-school, October football in Tennessee? I don't think so.

I won't predict a winner either. I do want to say that other than GP, Fairview, and CPA, the teams in 5-2A are disappointed in their season to date. That being said, to say either Fairview or CPA are super teams may be misleading. GP probably is that good. All that means is that if your team isn't playing Thursday night, you should be in Fairview! This may be the most evenly matched contest of the year for either team. Is there anything better than small-school, October football in Tennessee? I don't think so.

If the Titans, at their best, were playing Thursday night, and they let me be on the sidelines and call some plays I'd STILL rather be at the CPA-Fairview game.