Sullivan Central at TN High

athlete269

I think this: this is a place people come to vent a little bit. Some brag, some bit##, some cry, some just make no sense...but the things that are said here by and large could not be said face to face. There are those, and I think we are 2, that would say it no differently face up. Compassion allows one to leave another one with his dignity by stopping just short of the explosion. There are those times it is imperitive to go the distance and those times the need is to chill. And hopefully we know when to do which. Ultimately, like you said, relax it is supposed to be a fun place. Come down off your high horse and talk some trash with us. Jamesbad said to me that "I need to let my wounds heal" and how right he was! I got here by accident and then there was an accident...and this was my place to scream. In the end, I went to the source and "aired it out" and ultimately it worked out for the best. Some of us take ourselves a bit too seriously and I guess I'm one. Some of us talk real loud and hope to get a rise from the comatose and that is you. I promise to lighten up if you promise to use less salt. But "BY THE GODS" let THS and SSHS bring this conference up to battle speed!

AMEN!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is past news Cap1, but Justin Joslin (Science Hill), last year, the night "someone" was hurt, runs a 4.38. Now I do know this for a fact and I can back it up if you would like. Other than that Im just going by what times coaches give as these kids speed. Now about everyone knows an athlete in the highschool level is and inch shorter and a couple tenths slower on their 40 time, so yea a 4.4 is bookin it. But I wouldl ove to see the Vikings play to their potential as well, heck I would love to see them play the way they did the first 4 games. After DB and South we took about 5 steps backwards and have only taken about 2 back to where we were. We have a good team, I just believe we have some athletes that need to grow some confidence in themselves and one another to become more as a team. Both sides of the ball. Hopefully tomorrow night will bring out the ole' Vikings and we will take those 3 more steps forward!!!

Well this is past news Cap1, but Justin Joslin (Science Hill), last year, the night "someone" was hurt, runs a 4.38. Now I do know this for a fact and I can back it up if you would like. Other than that Im just going by what times coaches give as these kids speed. Now about everyone knows an athlete in the highschool level is and inch shorter and a couple tenths slower on their 40 time, so yea a 4.4 is bookin it. But I wouldl ove to see the Vikings play to their potential as well, heck I would love to see them play the way they did the first 4 games. After DB and South we took about 5 steps backwards and have only taken about 2 back to where we were. We have a good team, I just believe we have some athletes that need to grow some confidence in themselves and one another to become more as a team. Both sides of the ball. Hopefully tomorrow night will bring out the ole' Vikings and we will take those 3 more steps forward!!!

AMEN Again!!!

All these long-winded paragraphs aren't going to help this team. THS has become a one man snap and run offense. Without the defense's success and a weak schedule this ia a .500 team at best.

I have seen no improvement in this squad and I place the blame solely at the coaching staff's feet.

Johnson County is going to be the 3rd loss tagged on the Vikes.

:D Yo Cap. Now what was my prediction? That's right...give it up! So give us a run down. Alright, they just woke up...Bristol-35/J County-6. Are ya walkin' wihme...Check it out...Volanteer put it on the 4H club! :)

Yea…I noticed that but I’m not surprised. I never bought into Boone thing. The Big question is WHAT’S UP with your boys. Are the reports true…6 to nothing at the half. Them Devils aren’t playin!!

Fair game for us. The coaches opened the book up a little, but when Central scored I thought I was watching a reply of the South game. Same play as the first play South scored on…same results!! #44 Strickland had an awesome game and believe it or not we scored on about a 35-yard TD pass. Other than that…not much to get excited about. Central didn’t bring a lot to the table. The Vikings probably had more penalty yards than the Cougars had total offense (I’m not kidding) and that's nothing to brag about for either team! At least 3 personal fouls on the Vikings. A repeat of that will sink the Viking ship next week!!

Yea…I noticed that but I’m not surprised. I never bought into Boone thing. The Big question is WHAT’S UP with your boys. Are the reports true…6 to nothing at the half. Them Devils aren’t playin!!

Fair game for us. The coaches opened the book up a little, but when Central scored I thought I was watching a reply of the South game. Same play as the first play South scored on…same results!! #44 Strickland had an awesome game and believe it or not we scored on about a 35-yard TD pass. Other than that…not much to get excited about. Central didn’t bring a lot to the table. The Vikings probably had more penalty yards than the Cougars had total offense (I’m not kidding) and that's nothing to brag about for either team! At least 3 personal fouls on the Vikings. A repeat of that will sink the Viking ship next week!!

:D We were flat in first half. The officiating was really bad. Go to our thread and read about it. But in the second half we woke up big time. We can't play like this in the playoffs. I guess it's a bunch of gamers...big game big effort. Did you see the J County score? Wow. M East looks like a hot ticket even though West crippled them. Did Central score early?

:thumb: We were flat in first half. The officiating was really bad. Go to our thread and read about it. But in the second half we woke up big time. We can't play like this in the playoffs. I guess it's a bunch of gamers...big game big effort. Did you see the J County score? Wow. M East looks like a hot ticket even though West crippled them. Did Central score early?

The officiating was bad? I would have to say that the officiating for the entire season has been horrible. Tennessee High has to be the most penalized team in Northeast Tennessee. I've been in attendance at every THS game this year and it looks from my point of view that the officials are very one-sided against THS. I'm not saying that THS is not guilty of the penalties that we've gotten, but it seems like the penalties that could be called on the other teams are just not called.

I think this unfair attention drawn by the officials has been one of the tools that the other teams have used to help stay in ball games. They goad the THS players into a lot of the penalties...and I know that it's usually the second guilty player that gets the flag. The problem is, you would think that once in a while the officials would see this.

I just wish that the officials will allow players decide the outcome of next weeks game in Mountain City. From what I've heard...there's a lot of home cooking that goes on up there!

I just wish that the officials will allow players decide the outcome of next weeks game in Mountain City. From what I've heard...there's a lot of home cooking that goes on up there!

:lol: We have some really good cooks up here in Johnson County, but it has nothing to do with the refs.

Quit whining. everyone gets bad calls. I could start listing them if you would like to know all the ones that were called on us that never happened or were called wrong. I have some awesome pictures of facemask, hits in the back, clipping, the list can go for ever. Im sure you have also had them at your games, but it goes with the game.

Edited by cowgirl

:lol: We have some really good cooks up here in Johnson County, but it has nothing to do with the refs.

Quit whining. everyone gets bad calls. I could start listing them if you would like to know all the ones that were called on us that never happened or were called wrong. I have some awesome pictures of facemask, hits in the back, clipping, the list can go for ever. Im sure you have also had them at your games, but it goes with the game.

Cowgirl, you are uninformed. There will be an inquiry by TSSAA into the officiating of the South/Unicoi game last night. THS and SSHS both won last night. We are screaming because it was way out of hand not because penaltys caused us to lose.

Cowgirl, you are uninformed. There will be an inquiry by TSSAA into the officiating of the South/Unicoi game last night. THS and SSHS both won last night. We are screaming because it was way out of hand not because penaltys caused us to lose.

I am uninformed as to your game. As I said, Bad calls are a part of the game. If the calls were so flagrant they should be reviewed by the powers that be and the ones who made the calls should not be allowed back on the field to call the games. My problem was with the assumption that when you come to my place it was understood that the refs were always on our side. In a land of dreams and what should be, all officiating should be fair and just to all players and teams. I'm sure you will agree with me on that, because only those who would want an unfair advantage would want to keep those who will make favorable calls for their own team so they can come out on top in the contest.

I sincerely hope that they take care of the inappropriate actions of those who obviously did such a bad job.

Edited by cowgirl