Sullivan Central at TN High

athlete269

Sullivan Central at Tennessee High

Friday - October 13th

Will this be a warm-up game for the Vikings in preparation for Johnson County?

My prediction :

THS 35

Central 7

What are your predictions?

A warm-up game? Yes. Hope you can stay injury free and have a great Senior Night.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't all the D-B loss. The South loss hurt the most. Mainly because:

1.) we were predicted to win by A LOT

2.) it was homecoming and it was at the castle

3.) we were expected to take back the MLC title

4.) we have a better team than South

That night took away most of these things from this team. I hope that THS can build up the power we had when we played Science Hill. I think our loss of momentum hurt us aswell.

I just hope and pray the Vikings end the regular season 8-2 and go into the playoffs strong. Stubbs has a lot of work to do...

Yea...I agree! But what i was trying to say was It all stems from the DB Game.

We were never mentaly into to south game from the start..still saying what if... instead of taking care of the task at hand which was a well prepared south team.

Not being disrespectful, but the winner of the game should be referred to as the better team. I don't mean to single out your particular statement, but I am noticing that more and more people are forgetting that the reason games are played is to determine which team on any given night is stronger. To the victor go the spoils and the right to be named the better team should be part of it.

He did,nt mean any disrespect i,m sure ,But he (as well as I) has seen what the vikings are capable of. and that was not a very good example.

The Vikings Defense is the only thing consistant right now for this team. If Stubbs can find a way to get the offense going then this team has all the weapons needed for a DEEP playoff run.

I wouldn’t go that far…the secondary needs A LOT of work. They are subject to get beat with the long ball at any time. This is the second year in a row that the secondary has put a damper on the potential of the Viking defense. Actually it’s the third year…Maryville saw right through our LOOSE style of coverage in the secondary. Surely there are some kids on the team with the speed to keep up with the receivers in the MLC, so that we don’t always have to give up such a big cushion. Of course there could be other reasons why we play off receivers so fare…I’m just a “Monday Morning Coach”. :blink:

Well Baker is running about a 4.66 Moore is running around 4.7 Franzeck is the fastest on the defense at a 4.63 or so but in the middle linebacker position. Thats about all the speed they have on D and I wouldn't rate them up there as true "speed." They aren't sparing any on offense either Thomas is at a 4.67 and used to be a d-back, but guess they won't put their QB out there. Howard was running down around a 4.5 last season but slowed down some this year, and Strickland is a big boy running behind a 4.7-4.8... This is about the least speed THS has seen in a long time and alot of other teams do have the speed to burn them.

Well Baker is running about a 4.66 Moore is running around 4.7 Franzeck is the fastest on the defense at a 4.63 or so but in the middle linebacker position. Thats about all the speed they have on D and I wouldn't rate them up there as true "speed." They aren't sparing any on offense either Thomas is at a 4.67 and used to be a d-back, but guess they won't put their QB out there. Howard was running down around a 4.5 last season but slowed down some this year, and Strickland is a big boy running behind a 4.7-4.8... This is about the least speed THS has seen in a long time and alot of other teams do have the speed to burn them.

Jplaya, just out of curiosity…why do you think we get burnt so much in the secondary?

Jplaya, just out of curiosity…why do you think we get burnt so much in the secondary?

I know you were talking to someone else, but in my opinion we give a 10 yard cushion..too free space for a wr to run his route ,to much open space to bite on a fake ala out and up..stop and go ect and the wheel route that maryville likes to run... remember? threw it all night, I don,t think we covered it once.

But if you get up in man and jam these routes... it throughs the timing all out of wack plus it even takes away some of the routes. with the size of our corners we should be able to get real physical with most of the wRs in this region. But the draw back to this is you have to get a good contact at the line, because if you wiff on your jam then well ....its gonna be a big gain or 6. And our redzone pass coverage? why do you won't to stand on the goalline and the wr is lined up on the 10? your just asking for a slant for 6. get in his face! JMO

Edited by couch qb

I know you were talking to someone else, but in my opinion we give a 10 yard cushion..too free space for a wr to run his route ,to much open space to bite on a fake ala out and up..stop and go ect and the wheel route that maryville likes to run... remember? threw it all night, I don,t think we covered it once.

But if you get up in man and jam these routes... it throughs the timing all out of wack plus it even takes away some of the routes. with the size of our corners we should be able to get real physical with most of the wRs in this region. But the draw back to this is you have to get a good contact at the line, because if you wiff on your jam then well ....its gonna be a big gain or 6. And our redzone pass coverage? why do you won't to stand on the goalline and the wr is lined up on the 10? your just asking for a slant for 6. get in his face! JMO

We are on the same page couchqb, getting caught up in the fakes is part of the problem…the only thing that I can add is that when you do play up close and physical with these WR and use the “bump and run” technique, you have to be able to run with them after the bump. I just wanted to get jplaya’s explanation since he feels we have sufficient speed. And if we ARE running 4.6 and 4.7…believe me, that IS sufficient speed in the high school football.

We are on the same page couchqb, getting caught up in the fakes is part of the problem…the only thing that I can add is that when you do play up close and physical with these WR and use the “bump and run” technique, you have to be able to run with them after the bump. I just wanted to get jplaya’s explanation since he feels we have sufficient speed. And if we ARE running 4.6 and 4.7…believe me, that IS sufficient speed in the high school football.

I agree totaly! What I,m driving at is that most teams in east Tn use a spread offence to some degree or some as a base offence unlike 5 or 10 years ago when most teams were run based ala "I" formation or some type of power set or option set.

So most of the spread offences" not all' are timing based. There for ya got to disrupt the timing by either good pass rush or bump and run or better yet both. I guess what i,m saying is:

We already have one, would love to see what we could do with both and like you said we have a good enough combination of speed and size to do it and I think do it well.