Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passed test #1. The big test comes against Mt. Juliet tomorrow. If they can stay within 20 of the Lady Bears I will be impressed.

While my heart is with the Pats on this one, MJ has too many guns Offensively and Defensively. MJ will likely hold TD to her lowest scoring total and the rest of the team won't be able to make up the difference. King will have to play her best game of the year but it will not be good enough. 4mer is very likely right but for Oakland to be a major contender for 7AAA after the season, they will need to stay closer than 20 points, maybe 10-12. As eveyone knows, this Oakland team is not the same team as last year and the difference is a healthy TD and playing better defense. Without either one of those things, Oakland could clog down. I would say Coach G knows this and Oakland does not want to get in to a running game with Mt. Juliet because that's their game. MJ will press, CM and TD will be forced outside to get the ball down the court and i will say that it will be MJ 62-39 over the Pats and will wear down Oakland. I sure hope I am wrong for 7AAA sake and prestige. MJ is the second best team in the toughest District in Tennessee.. This will be a great one to watch and Oakland's support will have a great deal to do with their play.

While my heart is with the Pats on this one, MJ has too many guns Offensively and Defensively. MJ will likely hold TD to her lowest scoring total and the rest of the team won't be able to make up the difference. King will have to play her best game of the year but it will not be good enough. 4mer is very likely right but for Oakland to be a major contender for 7AAA after the season, they will need to stay closer than 20 points, maybe 10-12. As eveyone knows, this Oakland team is not the same team as last year and the difference is a healthy TD and playing better defense. Without either one of those things, Oakland could clog down. I would say Coach G knows this and Oakland does not want to get in to a running game with Mt. Juliet because that's their game. MJ will press, CM and TD will be forced outside to get the ball down the court and i will say that it will be MJ 62-39 over the Pats and will wear down Oakland. I sure hope I am wrong for 7AAA sake and prestige. MJ is the second best team in the toughest District in Tennessee.. This will be a great one to watch and Oakland's support will have a great deal to do with their play.

The way I see it, Oakland can only prove to be better than people thought they were in this game. If Oakland gets killed by 20+ points then that is what everybody is expecting (or hoping for). I don't know about Oakland's TD and King not being able to score big numbers, because each player is too versatile. The problem I see Oakland having is defense. They have too many missed defensive opportunites that often leave a man wide open because someone wasn't paying attention. I don't care if MJ wins, I just want to see a competitive game and Oakland not give up because everyone is already expecting a loss.

The way I see it, Oakland can only prove to be better than people thought they were in this game. If Oakland gets killed by 20+ points then that is what everybody is expecting (or hoping for). I don't know about Oakland's TD and King not being able to score big numbers, because each player is too versatile. The problem I see Oakland having is defense. They have too many missed defensive opportunites that often leave a man wide open because someone wasn't paying attention. I don't care if MJ wins, I just want to see a competitive game and Oakland not give up because everyone is already expecting a loss.

Well said. This team has proved me wrong many times already this season, but thats alright with me. The emergence of Sarah King as a legitimate scoring option is just huge for the Lady Pats, against teams that they're pretty even with, it will keep those teams from just ganging up on TD. Hayley Randolph down the road will give Oakland another scoring threat and she gets more acclimated to high school ball. I agree with you on the defense, but one thing that has to being accounted for is that Oakland is still a extremely young team, that should change next year, but sometimes your gonna have nights where your pulling your hair out with this team(havent had any of those yet thank goodness) and then there are going to be some nights where you wonder why cant they play like this every game.

This game is a huge measuring stick for the Lady Pats, but its not the end all should they lose.

I think the only fans that are defensive about Oakland are those at Oakland? Oakland is the one who has won 7 games without a loss. They are the one who has kept the scores of the opposition down. Twenty points was mentioned by the oakland fans. That may be so conservative its a no brainer. I have heard of no prediction except myself and it being apologetic. I am not sure that 20 points is getting killed. Any team can get beaten by 20 and it necessarily be getting killed. you will see a competitive game if you go and it could be the support is just what they need. Are you going? I would sure hate that the top teams that 7AAA could have been beaten by 9AAA like they have. Oakland, are you going to step up? You have the undefeated record.

I think the only fans that are defensive about Oakland are those at Oakland? Oakland is the one who has won 7 games without a loss. They are the one who has kept the scores of the opposition down. Twenty points was mentioned by the oakland fans. That may be so conservative its a no brainer. I have heard of no prediction except myself and it being apologetic. I am not sure that 20 points is getting killed. Any team can get beaten by 20 and it necessarily be getting killed. you will see a competitive game if you go and it could be the support is just what they need. Are you going? I would sure hate that the top teams that 7AAA could have been beaten by 9AAA like they have. Oakland, are you going to step up? You have the undefeated record.

I just comment on the recent posts, I just noticed that yours said 20 points and that is where I got my number. I just hate to see people try to demean the success of Oakland to this point (not that you tried to demean or anything). I respect all teams and just want to see great basketball being played. If ANYONE goes undefeated they deserved to be respected no matter who it is. A PHargis post is always appreciated in my book. I apologize if what I said felt directed at you eh.

I just comment on the recent posts, I just noticed that yours said 20 points and that is where I got my number. I just hate to see people try to demean the success of Oakland to this point (not that you tried to demean or anything). I respect all teams and just want to see great basketball being played. If ANYONE goes undefeated they deserved to be respected no matter who it is. A PHargis post is always appreciated in my book. I apologize if what I said felt directed at you eh.

I believe that was a reply to a post from 4mercoach who said 20 points. My point was I would hate if it were more than 8-10 points because what does that mean to 7AAA to have one of the top teams in 9AAA beat one of the top teams in 7AAA by 20 points. I am for Oakland. I support Oakland as I know some great players tht play on it. But I really don't think it is something to be beaten by the second rated team in 9 by 20 points. What does that make the rest of the teams in 7AAA look like. tje only thing I can say is "Go Oakland and beat Mt Juliet". Thats in my heart but understand the season is not over for anyone to get beaten by a 9 team. Look at Siegel and what happened with Beech who may beat MJ. I think we all have to get to and play thru the region before much is said. oakland has had a remarkable but expected season and it should have been the season they had last year but only its better this year. I think you will agree with that. Best of luck.

Well, Oakland did great and lost 66-52 to MJ with TD scoring 29 and king scoring about 17. Only four players scored. At this point in the season, Coach G must be concerned about maxing out her players in scoring but a bright point, to hold MJ to 66 points might not be too bad. This had to be an emotiional game as girls on both sides of this game had played in the same Club in years past but not necessarily the same age group. So what does this tell you about Oakland now they have been beaten. First, they are a great team with 2-3 dominent players. TD can get her points against pressure defense and it appears her goal is 29 points. King will get her points, from 14 to 17. CM will get around 6-8 the way shes playing and the rest gets 5. Oakland can get as far as 59 and as few as 50 hitting on all cylinders against pressure defense. That is good enough with good defense to beat 80% of the teams. That will not get them out of region if they get there. Unless something happens, they may have a chance for 4 losses but that may be good enough for third place. Riverdale, in my opinion, is a lock for first place in the district but could be beaten again.