Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

Coach of the year in district 7AAA was the last of Brown's worries. He is very deserving, but he isn't hurting because he didn't get it. Ask him if you don't trust the Lebanon faithful-his number 1 objective from the onset was to take those young ladies and turn them into believers. Believers in themselves, believers in the program, and believers in their teammates. He had one mission, to let them know he would not be satisfied with mediocrity because he expected more from them. He believed in them from day 1, and though it took them a little while to buy into it, they did, and it showed last night. Anyone that has seen this team play over the past four years will tell you that their record doesn't say anything about their heart. They struggled all year to come up with the "big upset" losing by 3, 6, 9 or whatever. Last night was their night. As crazy as it looked in the bleachers they executed Coach Brown's game plan and it paid off. Not taking anything from Oakland because they are well-coached and play hard, but it has been a long time coming for these veteran Devilettes and you have earned your respect thoughout 7AAA and your spot among some of the best teams in the state. We are proud of you ladies!

My understanding, without any confirmation, that part of coach Brown's plan was to sell the parents into the program also. From this post, from the past, I can almost hear his voice now from the heart and what he said................................ He was a believer before he got the job and it took that. That is the best of High School Coaching and what it is all about.

Edited by PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Lebanon coach has accomplished a lot this season. This is the same school who had to recruit kids from study hall to have enough girls to play a freshman game last yr and had 100 pts scored on them by MJ. The mindset had to be awful there........so to be able to win and beat Grandstaff was huge.

No doubt about it !!

i AGREE ABOUT THE COACH FROM LEBANON BEING A COACH OF THE i had even stated that in an earlier post about how good of a job he has done so far but...lets not forget they are far from being done...they play riverdale saturday and i dont think we just ran over them when we played them so we will have to comeout ready to go for the win butnevertheless they will still be in region and have achance to win there too sooooo here we go 7AAA its tournament time

i AGREE ABOUT THE COACH FROM LEBANON BEING A COACH OF THE i had even stated that in an earlier post about how good of a job he has done so far but...lets not forget they are far from being done...they play riverdale saturday and i dont think we just ran over them when we played them so we will have to comeout ready to go for the win butnevertheless they will still be in region and have achance to win there too sooooo here we go 7AAA its tournament time

How do you see the game playing out, RD and LHS?

How do you see the game playing out, RD and LHS?

honestly i think our team will get it done we have great SRs and experince to get this done i think that lebanon is a good enough team that they wont sneek up on us and our girls will comeout with the intensity they will need to win this game i dont think it will be a blowout or nothing like that but i think we will be in control for the most part and get it done

honestly i think our team will get it done we have great SRs and experince to get this done i think that lebanon is a good enough team that they wont sneek up on us and our girls will comeout with the intensity they will need to win this game i dont think it will be a blowout or nothing like that but i think we will be in control for the most part and get it done

couldnt have said it better...lebanon is a physical team no doubt but riverdales seniority and skill will win this ballgame :unsure: