Who is the best coach ever in TN?

Bassfishing_205

Ted B Wilson.

Coach Wilson coached at Maryville High School and Kingsport Dobyns Bennett. Coach Wilson was the greatest motivator I ever seen. He is a lot like Bruce Pearl. Coach Wilson won 84% of his games in a 15 year period.His record was 146-27. He is the man who started the Maryville dynasty.He had great success at Dobyns Bennett. He also led Maryville to state titles in 1970,1976 and 1978. He is also 2-0 against the great Carlton Flatt.

Maryville has named the stadium after former mayor Stanley Skeeter Shields. They named the training facility after Don Story. They named the field after Jim Renfro. Maryville needs to do something for Ted Wilson.

Ted Wilson should also be in the TSSAA Hall of Fame.

John Tucker was 1-0 vs Ted B. Wilson. 1977 State Champ game at Maryville, Maryville players were laughing at Milan's "little players" getting off the bus. Milan proceeded to win 28-6.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two best young coaches are Rector and Quarles. I am amazed at what Quarles continues to do at Maryville and what Rector has done in such a short period of time at Ravenwood. It will be interesting to see their records after 30+ years of coaching. Good luck to both in the state championship.

The best current old timer is Benny Monroe. Sorry that your team lost tonight, but what a great season.

OMG Coach Monroe looks about 16 :lol: Coach Monroe still squats like that too :o Yeah Wilson was the head coach and Monroe was the OC and Story DC. that was a coaching staff and a half. I think coach Story would stell be coaching if it wasn't for his health. All are some of TN's great coaches ever.

Here is a pic of Ted Wilson and Benny Monroe Ted is the one standing up.

Coach_Wilson_Monroe_1969.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2 of the best High School coaches in the History of Tn football....

let me tell you chico it WAS the talent stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rankin also had a great staff....when he was at carthage they were always 1 and done. he wasn't even the best coach in sc in those early days...mark medley at gville was. add his name to this list please.