Covington Vs. Crockett County

CHARGERFAN

Just got home from the game and I am ready to say CC is one of those special teams that have that chance for the trip to the Boro. Good solid whipping of Covington tonight. After loosing Hall in the 1st quarter Covington did not have any options on offense. Really nice throws by Massey - That is what you need, a good balanced attack. Was really impressed with the way you folks caught the ball tonight. Good Luck the rest of the way. I hope Covington regroups and can advance in the playoffs. If not I will just come over to Alamo. Good crowd, you folks supported your kids and that is what it's all about.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the game and I am ready to say CC is one of those special teams that have that chance for the trip to the Boro. Good solid whipping of Covington tonight. After loosing Hall in the 1st quarter Covington did not have any options on offense. Really nice throws by Massey - That is what you need, a good balanced attack. Was really impressed with the way you folks caught the ball tonight. Good Luck the rest of the way. I hope Covington regroups and can advance in the playoffs. If not I will just come over to Alamo. Good crowd, you folks supported your kids and that is what it's all about.

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck to the Chargers the rest of the way (unless of course, we meet again!). Our fan support vs. 15, 10, or even 5 years ago is amazing. The turnaound in our program is astounding.

I think it just dpends on how well CCHS passes the ball, and I think it won't be as weel as they did against a terrible DCHS defense last week ,

Massey 249 yards against DCHS

Massey 243 yards against Covington

Dyersburg people are no longer allowed to post anything on a Crockett thread about whose defense is better. :lol: Dyersburg D was going to shut us down....Then Ripley was the best D we would face....then Covington D swarms to the ball and Crockett won't be able to move the ball...You are right, all these Defenses are good, but please Dyersburg people, no more predictions about whose Defense will stop us. :lol:

Yes it did...even with a loss to Haywood, Crockett holds the tiebreaker over Dyersburg.

Wonder what P.A. will do next week....Go for the undefeated season or do what the Colts did last year and rest their key players...I would like to see him go for the undefeated season,but I also don't want to see any of the Cavs injured in a meaningless game..And we all saw how resting the Colts fared in the playoffs...

Good Luck the rest of the way to the Cavs.....The Cavs have done what they have needed to do...Win big on the road...This is a very tough region and the Cavs are beating it down pretty good...Looks like Crockett Co took one of those industrial size 55 gallon barrels of whup _ _ _ to Covington and opened it up on the Chargers.....

Gotta give my Cavs major props after this game. I knew the passing game would help but what a performance by all concerned. First the offense. Unofficially, Craig Massey was 8 out of 12 for 243 yards and 3 touchdowns. Covington put 9 in the box and dared the Cavs to throw the ball and well.......they got what they asked for. Also unofficially, the Cavs rushed for 112 yards....and believe me they were hard earned yards. The offensive line (with at least 1 and I believe 2 starters out with injuries) did a fantastic job in pass protection and Massey made perfect pass after perfect pass. And the Johnson Brothers, Matt Reynolds, and A.J. Ingram ran great routes and caught everything within reach.

Now to the defense. Super job by the Defensive line and linebackers. Although Covington moved the ball occasionally, someone always came up with a tackle for a loss to help kill drives. Great team effort by a truly underrated defensive unit. The Cavalier offense gets their share of publicity for their greatness, but this defense shows up week after week and simply gets the job done.

Congrats to the players and coaches on a Region Championship. Also major kudos to the Crockett County fans who once again followed their team on the road and put more people in the stands than the home team.

Edited by Teddavid

Agreed. I was very impressed. The few passes that were contested were caught with ease. The last time Covington had 35 points hung on them was in 2003 at the finals. The last time before that was at the 2000 finals. Good crowd Crockett. Lots of support and a winning team make for some fun Friday nights.

My prediction: Covington @ Crockett in second round. See ya there!!

GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Crockett County 35, Covington 6.....any haters out there ready to admit that the Cavaliers might actually be a pretty good football team?

Congrats to the guys.....I'm still sick i had to work out of town and miss this one.

Doesn't look like anyone wants to eat crow. :thumb:

Great game last night, cavs.

Congratulations to Crockett County.

That was a decisive victory. In my opinion, your team is as good as the Fulton team that pounded Covington in the state chapmionship game a few years back. Last night's game was never in doubt after our fumble on the first drive and your quick score.

I've always said that you have to throw the ball to win the state, and obviously your team can do that this year.The passing is the big difference that I see in your team this year.

I'd like to see somebody from West Tennessee bring home the championship , and this does not appear to be our year to do it, so I'll be glad to pull for Crockett, in spite of the fact that my relatives in Alamo are giving me fits about last night's result.

I remain proud of what our Covington team has done this year, though. Let's regroup and finish on a high note at Dyer County next week.