Who's the 1A Favorite of the east now?

Guest Shocker0

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, last year Region 2 was not half as strong as it is this season. I highly doubt that Unaka would be able to beat anyone from it, except for maybe Oneida. This year you'll see how much we have improved, as will the entire state...plus Hampton is not as tough since they lost their running back and so that may cause them some problems unless they have a good backup. No one in region 2 is overrated, as a matter of fact, they are underrated in my opinion. No one expects them to be much of a threat in the playoffs but I think they will be unpleasantly surprised in about a month...at least I hope so. Look at Region 2 schedules for Harriman, Midway, and Coalfield and compare the scores to this year, it's obvious that their better than last.

Shocker' I honestly hope you are right, but at the same time, region 1 is better also. Cosby and Unaka are much improved over last season. Hampton is bigger than they were a year ago, they started a bunch of sophmores. They still have some good backs, and they throw the ball alot better this year. I know Coalfields coaches and they were at the Cosby and Hampton game. They told me in person, Cosby is ALOT better than we thought they were. They already knew Hampton was good. And trust me Unaka is tough as nails.

Guest Shocker0

Cosby wasn't in the playoffs last year right? Also, I thought they were as good as Hampton but all the hampton fans were saying how they were going to beat Cosby really bad and so I figured they were pretty weak, but maybe their not. By the way, who did Hampton lose to?

Like I said, Coalfields offense is really good as of late, but they haven't got their defense focused. I bet they will against Harriman though, they have to...And I agree with Slick Rick up there (Even though he jumps on the bandwagon a lot)

Slick Rick still thinks SP has a shot. Temple is now the team to beat. Friendship, Trousdale and Coalfield are the others. Slick Rick says one of these teams will represent the east.

Cy says it is good to see Slick Rick changing horses every week as the teams he pick fall by the way side.

Cy says he hopes Slick Rick is finally for Coalfield the first Friday in December at about 5PM CST. ;)

Guest Shocker0

I'd rather have talent to stop that speed though....that's what happened last year, Harriman had speed then also and Coalfield jumped out to a big lead and never looked back.

Shocker hopes CY is right.

Cosby wasn't in the playoffs last year right? Also, I thought they were as good as Hampton but all the hampton fans were saying how they were going to beat Cosby really bad and so I figured they were pretty weak, but maybe their not. By the way, who did Hampton lose to?

Like I said, Coalfields offense is really good as of late, but they haven't got their defense focused. I bet they will against Harriman though, they have to...And I agree with Slick Rick up there (Even though he jumps on the bandwagon a lot)

Cosby was in the playoffs and got beat by a missed extra point.If anyone, and I mean anyone thinks that Cosby is weak, you are sadly mistaken. Hampton was very lucky to come away with a win. Hampton lost to 4A Johnson County. Go figure. they seem to be the team we have the hardest time with.