Who's the 1A Favorite of the east now?

Guest Shocker0

Guest Shocker0

I think now after S. Pitt got their rear's handed to them, people will finally consider other teams as the top in the east. I look at these teams to potentially be the top 6:

1. Coalfield (8-0) Last game: beat Greenback 67-33...I think Coalfield has been underrated this season, now their strength is showing as the season winds down, scoring 53 or more points the last 3 games. They will have to be ready for a very tough Harriman team this week.

2. Temple (8-0) Last game: Beat S. Pitt 53-20...Temple surprised everyone, but they shouldn't have. They are a good team and South Pitt was WAY OVERRATED thanks to some of their fans on here saying they were the best and everyone jumping on the bandwagon, obviously they didn't come prepared.

3. Harriman (6-2) Last game: Beat Midway 42-41 OT...Harriman won a squeaker and that is why I have them third and Midway sixth. It was an awesome game all game long but a couple EPA blocks allowed them to grab the 1 point win over powerhouse Midway. They are getting stronger every game.

4. Hampton (7-1) Last Game: Beat C. Doak 32-14...Lost Adam Townsend and possibly should have beat C. Doak by more points, but should pull together the rest of the season.

5. S. Pitt (7-1) Last Game: Lost to Temple 20-53...They were overrated, now it's time for them to play the games on the field, and maybe their fans are a little humbled after a big loss.

6. Midway (5-3) Last Game: Lost to Harriman 41-42 OT...Tough team, lost a heartbreaker to Harriman, but what a game. They will turn heads in the playoffs.

MIDDLE TEnnessee:

1. FCS

2. Jo Byrns

and that's all I know......

:D

Edited by Shocker0

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now after S. Pitt got their rear's handed to them, people will finally consider other teams as the top in the east. I look at these teams to potentially be the top 6:

1. Coalfield (8-0) Last game: beat Greenback 67-33

2. Temple (8-0) Last game: Beat S. Pitt 53-20

3. Harriman (6-2) Last game: Beat Midway 42-41 OT

4. Hampton (7-1) Last Game: Beat C. Doak 32-14

5. S. Pitt (7-1) Last Game: Lost to Temple 20-53

6. Midway (5-3) Last Game: Lost to Harriman 41-42 OT

:D

Heres my 6 not in any order:

Temple

Hampton

Coalfield

Cosby

Harriman

South Pitt

Coalfield

Hampton

Harriman

Midway

Cosby

Temple

S. Pitt

Yeah it is 7 teams, but you cannot leave out Cosby. They will make some noise in the playoffs. Temple really worries me now. I beleive S.Pitt is just as good, not any better, than the teams mentioned above. It is really going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Alot of upsets I'd say are in the making. And by the wya, my 7 are not listed in any order, other than how I put them down. :blink:

Usually by this time of year,its fairly easy to tell, not this year,its all about who wants it the most and who has a little luck along the way. Three teams in region 4, 2 teams in region 3, three in region 2 and actually 3 pretty good teams in regino 1. I picked a final 4 last season and was dead on target, Its going to get interesting.I will say one thing, I don't think anyone can stop Temple's offence. They have to much balance and quality players at every skill position. In my opinion,Trousdale is still the team to beat, to be the man ,you've got to beat the man. They may not dominate like last season, but they don't have to.

Usually by this time of year,its fairly easy to tell, not this year,its all about who wants it the most and who has a little luck along the way. Three teams in region 4, 2 teams in region 3, three in region 2 and actually 3 pretty good teams in regino 1. I picked a final 4 last season and was dead on target, Its going to get interesting.I will say one thing, I don't think anyone can stop Temple's offence. They have to much balance and quality players at every skill position. In my opinion,Trousdale is still the team to beat, to be the man ,you've got to beat the man. They may not dominate like last season, but they don't have to.

Coalfield looks to be heading down the stretch with a lot of momentum. This week will be a test against a team with some speed, but physical football will prevail in this one.

The playoffs should be fun on this side of the state.

Guest Shocker0

I was very surprised that Coalfield has put up over 50 points (67 last game) the last 3 games. And looking back at their old schedules, I seen that that they had only scored over 50 points once since 2001, and that was against Jellico in 2004, so obviously their offense is really clicking.

Trousdale County followed by a toss up between Gordonsville/South Pitt.

Not that i don't agree with you because lets face it, TC is the team to beat until someoe does. GV is very good this year as is south pitt. But i am curious about how FCS hasn't been mentioned at all on this board.... i guess we must not have a chance.

FCS should be considered in this race just as much as TC. TC had a rough start, but like Poe said, they're champs until someone takes that away. I still don't see TC being a repeat team though. FCS definitely deserves some consideration in this area. They have a great rushing attack, and a pretty young one at that. Rickaway is only a junior and Markum is a freshman I believe. They're gonna be around for a little while longer, and that includes this year.