Who's the 1A Favorite of the east now?

Guest Shocker0

Gary seems to know his football. Hampton is not the same team without Adam Townsend, but they could still get to the 4th round. There,s more than one way to skin a cat.

Hey pujo, how is hampton looking with Townsend?? i had my doubts of them getting to the fourth round even with townsend, is it really possible without him

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cosby got the worst end of the match-up in the playoffs.

I think they'd match-up better with Harriman. Athlete on athlete.

Now they're gonna have to play what figures to be a physical game with Midway -- barring surprises/upsets/etc.

That concerns me for Cosby because Unaka about got them playing hard physical football. Not saying the Eagles arent that type of team, but I think they'd rather find themselves in another type of match-up.

I wouldnt worry,I think Cosby will match up fine against Midway or any other Physical team.

Hey pujo, how is hampton looking with Townsend?? i had my doubts of them getting to the fourth round even with townsend, is it really possible without him

There chances are better than average, This team can still move the ball and they still have big play capabilities. Defence is solid and they have good coaching. Probably the best passing team in their history. This team can still play.

Guest Shocker0

Shocker0 says LOOSE NUT GARY will be surprised when Hampton and Coalfield play, especially without Adam Townsend. But maybe it's a good thing that he thinks Coalfield is pretenders, maybe they'll win state with how accurate he has been.

Guest Shocker0

Agree, I just hope whoever comes out of those three is the team that really deserves it and will match up best with the other teams that they will have to face in the semi's

You know its a shame that three of the top 5 teams in east tn in A ball are all in the same region and eventually they will just eliminate ea. other... Midway Coalfield and Harriman are all dangerous teams and should lead to some great playoff games.

If my memory serves me correctly, everyone in region 2 was saying the same things last season. In the first round they lost 2 out of 4 and come a hair of losing 3. I honestly think Hampton ,Cosby And Unaka has a chance to win in the 1st round. Just because you have three very equal teams, don't mean that any of them are great. I'm not saying region 1 is any better, just that we have three that can compete.

Hey pujo, I agree... i was just giving a opinion though.. honestly i think these three teams are in the top 5 in ea. tn whether they are or not idk... Harriman has more athletes then some two and three A schools in the state... They have the ppl but can they make the plays... dont think so... as for coalfield idk much about... Davis is their horse.. you stop him they dont have much after that.. Gunter in overrated... Midway is going to play for four qrts so you gotta be ready for them... i agree w/ ya though.. just my opinion

Guest Shocker0

Pujo, last year Region 2 was not half as strong as it is this season. I highly doubt that Unaka would be able to beat anyone from it, except for maybe Oneida. This year you'll see how much we have improved, as will the entire state...plus Hampton is not as tough since they lost their running back and so that may cause them some problems unless they have a good backup. No one in region 2 is overrated, as a matter of fact, they are underrated in my opinion. No one expects them to be much of a threat in the playoffs but I think they will be unpleasantly surprised in about a month...at least I hope so. Look at Region 2 schedules for Harriman, Midway, and Coalfield and compare the scores to this year, it's obvious that their better than last.

Hey pujo, I agree... i was just giving a opinion though.. honestly i think these three teams are in the top 5 in ea. tn whether they are or not idk... Harriman has more athletes then some two and three A schools in the state... They have the ppl but can they make the plays... dont think so... as for coalfield idk much about... Davis is their horse.. you stop him they dont have much after that.. Gunter in overrated... Midway is going to play for four qrts so you gotta be ready for them... i agree w/ ya though.. just my opinion

I'll be routing for whatever team makes it to the 4th round, Hampton is definately my favorite, but its not going to be an easy task for anyone. I do think Harriman is the most talented team of them all, but talent don't always win you ballgames.