Brainerd could possibly make it to the region-4 state playoff

headhunter84

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A team like Brainerd scares me. They have great athletes, A lot of speed and nothing to lose. They are the heavy underdog and have no pressure on them.

Good point Rebelron. You do remember the Chattanooga Kirkman game in 1979?

I hear Brainerd has some good athletes on the football team and good athletes in their band.

I do see region 4-4a making some noise this year against the usually better knoxville teams. I know Maryville and Knox West still have their normal good squads but im not sure about K. Central and Powell...I believe the Lions can and will make it to the 3rd round. It would be very interesting to see the best of both regions square off. I know RB still would probably be the underdogs with the legacy that Maryville has, but I know the Lions will put a good game and make it a dog fight. However, if the 2 should meet, it will be at RB this year and it might fire the Lions up a little extra. Well, Im jus goin 2 wait til that game comes. As for now, the Lions has to take care of Powell. Does anyone know if Cruze will be healthy enough to play by then? I'd rather see the Lions playing a team with their playmaker so RB can try to contain him because it would prepare them for later playoff games. O yea, GOOD LUCK 2 BRAINERD!! :rolleyes:

With all due respect to other teams, Maryville is in a class by itself. I watched them play 2 Melrose teams the past 2 years that had the best high school talent I have ever seen! Maryville outplayed them and, more importantly, outcoached them.

Maryville hasn't used about 80% of their offensive or defensive packages this year-they haven't had to. Maryville has solid players, a great system, a college type offense and the best coaching staff in the state. To beat them you have to play 48 minutes-not 47, not 47 and one-half, but a full 48. That has only happened twice since early 2000.

Not saying it couldn't happen again but it is highly unlikely right now. Ask Tennessee High from 2004 what they found out about a playoff Maryville squad.

There are many fine teams in Tennessee, but they are not on Maryville's level.

With all due respect to other teams, Maryville is in a class by itself. I watched them play 2 Melrose teams the past 2 years that had the best high school talent I have ever seen! Maryville outplayed them and, more importantly, outcoached them.

Maryville hasn't used about 80% of their offensive or defensive packages this year-they haven't had to. Maryville has solid players, a great system, a college type offense and the best coaching staff in the state. To beat them you have to play 48 minutes-not 47, not 47 and one-half, but a full 48. That has only happened twice since early 2000.

Not saying it couldn't happen again but it is highly unlikely right now. Ask Tennessee High from 2004 what they found out about a playoff Maryville squad.

There are many fine teams in Tennessee, but they are not on Maryville's level.

I dont think anyone would disagree, but we all like to keep hope that we can be the ones to knock them out

I dont think anyone would disagree, but we all like to keep hope that we can be the ones to knock them out

Yeap that is true. If they fall this year or a 100 years from now they will have to fall sometime. I respect maryville for what they have done with their program, but they have a big old target on their backs and sombody is going to hit it one day.

Edited by Rhea Co.