THE GOVS...Remind anybody of Vols last year?

theDL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He decided to wear black and red because he said he felt no support from WB...thats the sole reason.

Regardless of who or what his actions are aimed at. Do you exploit 9-12 year old children to make a rebelious statement? If he has a problem with an adult, he should act like one and face them man to man. His actions are childish and despicable.

ONEOLDCOACH ... if you are out there ... could you confirm, deny, or at least give a little detail of this incident? I'm not in any way doubting you RebelRon, but could there perhaps be more to the story?

Can't answer this question, I never heard this said. I was told that it was said, but I did not hear anyone make that statement. But I do know that he took a bunch of delay of game calls near the end of the half. And two years ago, they did refuse to play us.

I have no hard feelings directed at Rick. We've both been working at it a long time. It's not my place to tell him how to coach his team, I just try to do the best that I can with "THE REBS". I'm sure he doesn't always agree with me nor do I always agree with him, That's what makes the world go round.

As for THE GOVS, we've got kids from our program that have played at Blount, and I'm sure that we will have others that will play there. Our job is to teach these kids football fundementals, disipline, and what it means to be part of a team. Where they go to high school is entirely up to them and their parents. As for me I'M A REBEL through and through. But whereever these kids go to highschool we'll support them and their families. Some of our best kids have gone to WB, Heritage and Alcoa.

GOVMAN,

As we talked many years ago when we had youth from all four high schools in our youth group

Is it not a shame, that we can't compete on the field.....and just leave it there...and when it's over just get together and thank GOD that the game was played fairly, safely and with CLASS

GOVMAN,

As we talked many years ago when we had youth from all four high schools in our youth group

Is it not a shame, that we can't compete on the field.....and just leave it there...and when it's over just get together and thank GOD that the game was played fairly, safely and with CLASS

From a man I have the utmost respect for ... who use to put the "fear of God" in me when I was a teenager...who's driven me all over this country and pulled my butt out of the fire more than a few times ... all I can say is ... "AMEN".

Boy, times have changed since the real Marvyille teams (Bears/Cubs) used to play the Fairview team at Monte Vista and have a bean supper/scrimmage fundraiser for both teams.

GOVMAN,

My dad used to do the PA announcing at the fights at Bassel. I was just a little kid, but I spent a lot of time up there watching the guys you all mentioned.

RedRebels,

Seems like we tried to figure out who one another was in the past but I can't remember for sure if I ever figured you out. I know you were on the first WB team? And also swam? And did a bunch of other stuff. You moved away for awhile ... I do have the right person don't I?

If I guessed your initials (K.W.) would you tell me if Im right or not?

Yes, Gov-Man the McFall's were Mighty Cardinals. They were born grease monkeys. Down at tha 'wick they were surpassed only by Virgil. Verge was our hero when he drove his SS396 Chevelle to school in the 6th grade.

As for the boxers from Bungalow, I believe Sellers and Gray would apply. MLREB would know for sure, because he was more into boxing. I was more into Rasslin' at the Old Amory with my hero and East Tennessee icon, Ron Wright. :thumb:

Ron and Don Wright vs the Scufflin Hillbillies. Now that is Saturday Night entertainment at its best. I can still see Ron shaking his head in a "no mas" gesture when someone had him in a proned position waiting for a beating, and I can also hear him saying "shut up thar ya loud mouth"!

[quote name='mhs' date='Oct 20 2006 - 08:19 AM' post='826199806']

Ron and Don Wright vs the Scufflin Hillbillies. Now that is Saturday Night entertainment at its best. I can still see Ron shaking his head in a "no mas" gesture when someone had him in a proned position waiting for a beating, and I can also hear him saying "shut up thar ya loud mouth"!

Ron Wright was 20 years ahead of his time. My favorite Ron Wright hold was the "director's hold" better know as the figure four. He would say.....bring that camera closer and show everybody how pretty I am.

Then there was "me and my brother Donnie" and "they like to killed my brother Donnie up in Morristown last night".

Of course the famous "boot" that was x-rayed about every 6 months to check for lead.

Ron was the showman of his time....and way ahead of his time as a wrassler. I believe he was originally from Kingsport and may have played football at DB. Later Ron did a little preaching....can you imagine that...and married a Maryville girl one time.

Ron was the best........ :thumb:

[quote name='mhs' date='Oct 20 2006 - 08:19 AM' post='826199806']

Ron Wright was 20 years ahead of his time. My favorite Ron Wright hold was the "director's hold" better know as the figure four. He would say.....bring that camera closer and show everybody how pretty I am.

Then there was "me and my brother Donnie" and "they like to killed my brother Donnie up in Morristown last night".

Of course the famous "boot" that was x-rayed about every 6 months to check for lead.

Ron was the showman of his time....and way ahead of his time as a wrassler. I believe he was originally from Kingsport and may have played football at DB. Later Ron did a little preaching....can you imagine that...and married a Maryville girl one time.

Ron was the best........ :thumb:

What about Whitey Caldwell ? I can remember Ron standing at ring side with the microphone talkin about " puttin a Tennessee dog whuppin " on Caldwell , and then Whitey would come charging out of the dressing room and Ron Wright would throw that microphone and run. Man that brings back the memories. !! :(

Many now "famous wrestlers" credit Ron Wright as being "ahead of his time" in promotion. People like the Hulk, the Nature Boy, etc. learned from Ron.

Dang. we're so far off topic, but ... Ron and Don Wright, Whitey Caldwell, Big Jim Hess, Les Thatcher, the Kangaroos, the Tennessee Stud--Ron Fuller, Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden (Bobby's dad), the Mongolian Stomper (wasn't he actually from New York?), Ric Connors (the unofficial World Brass Knucks champion), Professor Tora Tanaka, etc. I'll never forget being over in the Jacob's Building with my dad watching Ron Fuller take on Harley Race for the World Title (pre Rick Flair championship era). Ron won it fair and square, but the referee was knocked out just before he pinned him and while he was out, somebody slipped Harley a chain ...and oh well, you know the rest.

MLReb, I know I should know this but ... are you an old Bungalow boy too? Or were you just buddies with those guys who were? I'll start throwing some Round Rod Finleys and Jimmy Cryes and James Carters and Mike Iveys and Phillip & Sydney Matthews and "Boo" at you.

MLReb, I know I should know this but ... are you an old Bungalow boy too? Or were you just buddies with those guys who were? I'll start throwing some Round Rod Finleys and Jimmy Cryes and James Carters and Mike Iveys and Phillip & Sydney Matthews and "Boo" at you.

Nope..........an Everett Hilllyan. I played softball several years with Bo.. Ronnie...Creampuff (Allen) Nuchols. Doug McBreyer....Red ...Chicken....The Kirby's...Benny and Donnie....Larry Chastain....in other words many of the Battle Branch boys. They all hung together so of course I became very familiar with them. I know of many times we had to fight our way out of a ballpark. It never was boring...that is for sure. Won a few ball games too.

Haven't saw Rod Finley in years. I know Mike Ivey but not the others.