Brentwood vs. Franklin

kickgrass

Brentwood - Franklin in a District 11 AAA semi-final:

This is one of the great rivalries in TN High School sports. The schools are about 10 mi. apart, 2 consistently strong teams and the games are always important. This should be a great game. Brentwood won the regular season match-up with a goal in the last minute. There will be no love lost and none of these players want to end their season.

The game is at 7:00 Wednesday night at Brentwood High School, Centennial will play Ravenwood in the other District 11 AAA semi-final at 5:00 at Brentwood also.

If you like soccer and want to be entertained plan to be there.

Anyone with thoughts or predictions?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this game will be a lot more intense than their first regular season meeting. Franklin will definitely come out stronger and they will have their starting goal keeper who missed the first game due to an illness; I also heard that one of Brentwood's strong forwards got hurt. Is there any truth to that?

This should be a big game with a lot of emotion, but why would anyone believe "Franklin will come out stronger"??????That implies (after losing round 1 that Franklin didn't really come out to win....I don't believe that...or are you saying that Franklin didn't care about winning the first game??? If so, why didn't they come out a strong as possible for such a big rivalry game.....shoot for any game! I hate it when people lose a game and then imply they weren't really up to play a game or they were emotionally drained from a previous game, etc......And I saw the 2nd goal (not the first one) at Round 1....no one's starting or back up goalie stops the 2nd goal! I hope both teams come out with their best "clean" game ......and I don't have dog in the fight (I use "fight" advisedly) but I'm pulling for Brentwood to send Franklin home for the season :thumb: ...good luck Bruins...and I hope you all come out healthy....always a concern :)

Edited by flashgordon

By stronger I mean Franklin will be more ready to play than they were in the first game against Brentwood. I hope Franklin pulls the upset against Brentwood and sends them home ;)

If Franklin wins, not sure it would be much of an "upset" as BOTH teams are not near as strong as they have been in past years . . . making them both fairly even in my opinion.

This should be a big game with a lot of emotion, but why would anyone believe "Franklin will come out stronger"??????That implies (after losing round 1 that Franklin didn't really come out to win....I don't believe that...or are you saying that Franklin didn't care about winning the first game??? Of so, why didn't they come out a strong as possible for such a big rivalry game.....shoot for any game! I hate it when people lose a game and then imply they weren't really up to play a game or they were emotionally drained from a previous game, etc......And I saw the 2nd goal (not the first one) at Round 1....no one's starting or back up goalie stops the 2nd goal! I hope both teams come out with their best "clean" game ......and I don't have dog in the fight (I use "fight" advisedly) but I'm pulling for Brentwood to send Franklin home for the season :lol: ...good luck Bruins...and I hope you all come out healthy....always a concern :lol:

No "dog in the fight", but you consistently pull against Franklin. It was true last year and it appears to be true again this year. Since I truly do not have a dog in the fight, I wish the FRA Lady Rebels the best through the remainder of their season! They have quite a tradition of soccer excellence to build upon.

As for the Franklin Lady Rebels, congratulations on a great win! This is one alumni parent that is proud of achievements this year and knows you have the ability to make a run in the playoffs. We have 10 in the bag, now bring back #11. Again, congratulations!

It is regrettablle that two fine squads such as Brentwood and Centennial will not advance. They are likely better than some soccer teams that will advance to State. However, you have to win the big games that count to go on. I feel your pain as Franklin met a similar fate the last two years. Nonetheless, kudos to both Brentwood and Centennial for the strong seasons they had!

Congrats to RHS they played their hearts out. I hope they go all the way! Their coach is great and the girls have lots of heart! No CHS and BHS wont advance but Im sure this will push them on to do amazing things next year cause both teams are young and full of promise. CHS over came a lot through their season and should be commended in an awesome run. Go lady Cougars!