Maryville & M. West 5A next year?

PowrPlus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new 4A/5A cut offs will be interesting. in Region 2 4A Crockett, Mo-East, & Mo-West would probably be 5A using the current cut offs. I understand Rhea County in Region 3 4A is also. So with Maryville that would be 5 teams in East Tennessee moving to 5A, I don't think TSSAA will do that they will want to keep the number of schools in each classification as equal as possible.

As for Marville and the state this year... well they are undefeated, defending champions so they should be favored but stanger things have happened. Until someone beats them they are the one we are all trying to catch.

I have seen where Rhea County is going to have to move up for a long time now just by looking at the numbers in the K-8 schools here. Now as for the other schools I think that will move up in the next 2-5 years

Maryville

Clarksville

Walker Valley

and the Mo Towns East and West

Honestly for Rhea it would be like Walker Vally moving up from 3A to 4A

and if they do stick with the current guide lines. Then they would almost have to create a new region. Because there is no way with all these teams moving up to 5A from the East Tennessee Area ,or you would up having a Region like the one that Cumberland County or White County in are region right now.

Edited by Rhea Co.

keep in mind that these are all rumors and some of it is based on fall enrollments.

The TSSAA takes the census in the spring. Typically, schools will lose a lot of students between the two semesters for various reasons. I read on here that Maryville is at 1535 as of right now. Central is at 1500. I would guess by the time the spring counts roll around, that Central will be at 1300 and well below the cutoff for 5a. I would be willing to bet that West and maybe South-Doyle relfect similar numbers (probably MoWest, too). So before we all get too excited about what will happen 2 seasons from now, let's just wait and see. I think a lot of 4a schools would be happy to see Maryville move down to 5a. Why would the annual 4a contenders want to move to 5a?

Neither Hillsboro nor Maplewood will beat this team. I'm not a Maryville alum, but I've been watching this team beat up on everyone with their JV team all season long. If there is anyone in 4A that can give Maryville a challenge at all, it would be either Red Bank, Hillsboro, or Maplewood. However a challenge is just a challenge, not a win.

How can you say that Maryville will defeat these teams so soudly. They are nationally ranked because of the wins they have accrued over the past several years. I am predicting them to be upset because if their players are like thier fans they are over confident because they are reading own press clippings.

How can you say that Maryville will defeat these teams so soudly. They are nationally ranked because of the wins they have accrued over the past several years. I am predicting them to be upset because if their players are like thier fans they are over confident because they are reading own press clippings.

Maybe you should read a little closer , you were not addressing a Maryville fan , it was a fan from a rival school . If you want to think that Maryville has got where they're at by being overconfident .... think that all you want . We take them one at a time ... right now , it's all about Halls high school .

Maryville has a great program. They will be successful whereever they are placed. But I believe (based on good sources) that they have been the largest 4A school for several years and if they desire, they will be in 2008. The numbers will move up to include them in 4A unless they choose otherwise.

I would be shocked if they asked to be moved up before 2008 but I differ from my source in that I feel they will choose to move up to 5A in 2008.

I am more concerned with balance of strength within AAA and AAAA regions than I am with who is in which classification. Region 3 4A is stacked and so is Fulton's 3A region. Maybe they (TSSAA) can realign this better somehow.