Maryville & M. West 5A next year?

PowrPlus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The classification changes probably won't be made until 2008, but Maryville really is the only lock at this point. Morristown East actually has a larger enrollment than West at this point. As far as the Morristowns are concerned, it will come down to the new 4A/5A cutoff. I actually think they are both safe in 4A, but there is no doubt that with the Maryville enrollment now over 1400, they will be 5A.

If maplewood face them do u think they will still win

Neither Hillsboro nor Maplewood will beat this team. I'm not a Maryville alum, but I've been watching this team beat up on everyone with their JV team all season long. If there is anyone in 4A that can give Maryville a challenge at all, it would be either Red Bank, Hillsboro, or Maplewood. However a challenge is just a challenge, not a win.

Edited by osunut2

No doubt about it. They have dominated in region 3, and I don't think there is a team in east Tennessee that will challenge them on their way to the title game.

There is no doubt Maryville is the big favorite but am aware of some good football being played at Red Bank and Mo West. I am former graduate and follow the program closely from Nashville and can honestly say that winning the state will not be a walk in the park. They still schedule these games for a reason and every year someone gets stunned in the Playoffs but my faith in Maryville's coaching staff is unwavering. They will be prepared. Go Big Red!

Neither Hillsboro nor Maplewood will beat this team. I'm not a Maryville alum, but I've been watching this team beat up on everyone with their JV team all season long. If there is anyone in 4A that can give Maryville a challenge at all, it would be either Red Bank, Hillsboro, or Maplewood. However a challenge is just a challenge, not a win.

I beleave it going to be a challeng to beat maryville but i think maplewood could pull it off because i go to maplewood right now and i play on the team i think we could do it

I beleave it going to be a challeng to beat maryville but i think maplewood could pull it off because i go to maplewood right now and i play on the team i think we could do it

First you gotta beat Hillsboro. You guys played a heck of a game last week, and I'm sure you will have another chance to knock them off this November.

If I were a Maplewood player I would be more concerned about getting there. Didn't Maplewood lose the Hillsboro last week?