TNT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really "Not only does Hoover play the best 6A teams in their state, they venture out and play the best ranked teams in the COUNTRY". Ya think? Nice try, sir.

Hoovers opponents combined record this year stands at 34-36. The best huh?

Outside the state? Hoover played one team from Tulsa, OK and one just across the border in LA. Neither state powers. 6-3 & 4-5 respectively. Also they are not in the top 10 on many other polls.

NOT SAYING Maryville would beat them, but let's not let this "Reality TV" program become reality or try to make Hoover into something they are not.

unapproved website does not even have Hoover in the top 25! But #68 (MHS) 42

Tony Bianco’s poll has them at 10 nationally (MHS 12)

Personally, I don’t hold much stock in polls myself, but Hoover is nothing special.

Okay, my username is bbballbabe24, so it would be ma'am. I'm not sure about now, but at the beginning of the season, Hoover was ranked #1 in the nation. And I wouldn't think a game would be aired on ESPNU if it's between a nationally ranked team and a team with a record of.. 4-5.. like you said, which is incorrect by the way.

Ya think? Nice try, sir.

Outside the state? Hoover played one team from Tulsa, OK and one just across the border in LA. Neither state powers. 6-3 & 4-5 respectively.

FBE-That school in Tulsa, OK was Union High School. Union is down this year but still ranked in the top 10 in the State of OK in 6A. Union won the 6A State Championship last year and has won 3 out of the last 4 6A championships. They have a brand new coach and a brand new system. Starting out 0-3 was tough under a new coach. Kinda reminds me of the year GQ started 0-4.

FBE-That school in Tulsa, OK was Union High School. Union is down this year but still ranked in the top 10 in the State of OK in 6A. Union won the 6A State Championship last year and has won 3 out of the last 4 6A championships. They have a brand new coach and a brand new system. Starting out 0-3 was tough under a new coach. Kinda reminds me of the year GQ started 0-4.

Really my whole points are Hoover is a great program but not the best around by far. I would never say Maryville could beat a national ranked power and thinking any team must play out of state teams to prove something is childish. That is for the college D1 level simply because there is big money involved. A HS program only has money to lose and that is taxpayer money. Also HS teams have a much tougher time being in a top ten every year than a college or pro team does and HS teams only have to prove something to themselves and their own communities, not poster on message boards.

Hoover....there is a reason they have a national ranking...I don't think Maryville will even win state this year after that first playoff game

Well you might be right, but I think a game like tonights is a good thing for the Rebels to experience. After all close games don't happen vs. Maryville too often.

Nothing wrong with getting humble.