7-4A vs 8-4A

After speaking with some friends at NS, this is what the YANKER knows about East. First of all, they have two QB's that can play. No one seems to know why they made the change from one to the other but they are both dangerous as runners and passers. They have excellent running backs with speed to burn all over the field. Their defense is athletic and active. Their kicking game is fair at best. They will be a formidible opponent. Most think they will score three TD's or more on HC but will have a hard time stopping you. This should be a fan's game with plenty of offense. The YANKER would like for the Memphis folks to let me know where I am right and where I am wrong...keep in mind, however, the YANKER is rarely wrong...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

This is almost word for word what Coach Gaddis said on the radio show last night. I would have preferred to have heard that they aren't so good. It may be the average fan's game, but this fan would like a team that we could beat by about fifty points.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is almost word for word what Coach Gaddis said on the radio show last night. I would have preferred to have heard that they aren't so good. It may be the average fan's game, but this fan would like a team that we could beat by about fifty points.

Yep, this is true. They are very athletic. A high powered offense with some serious play makers. However, their defense is average at best. This means that we should not have issues getting the ball in the endzone. Our defense on the other hand, though not as powerful stat wise as last year, is a good defense. We have held teams with high powered players to 14 to 21 points. Our offense will be capable of scoring 35 to 42. I am not predicting that kind of score necessarily, but a few key stops by our defense gives the Patriots a definitive edge.

I have read Coacht for several years and have finally decided to post. I am unfamiliar with you so I assume you are from Memphis with what I have read on this thread. Are you a fan of any particular team? What do you specifically know about East? What, if anything, do you know about Henry County? With what you do know, how do you see this game going? You seem to know what's going on, at least in Memphis, so I am interested in your response.

I've seen both teams play, Henry in person and East on film. Henry has good size linemen that are strong, a big power back, and a talented QB who can run like an extra running back and throw a good ball. East has speed to burn. Their offense usually will stop itself against a good football team with mistakes and pentalities that will kill their drives but they can score with big plays at any time. East will not drive the ball 80 yards in 12 plays to score but will go 80 yards in 3. Henry must contain the big play makers of East and make them move the ball down the field with short positive plays, if they can do that East will most likely self distruct with a big loss or a pentality. Henry runs a shotgun set and hands the ball off to their big running back. He is a load and is hard to stop. East must gang tackle the back or he will get alot of yardage after first contact. I see this game breaking down into a ball control offensive game by Henry and East struggling to make big plays with theirs. Henry's defense is good but will have problems with East's skilled players speed. The key for Henry is to stop East's running attack and force them to start throwing the ball. While East QB can throw he doesn't pass that well, meaning he can sling the ball 60 yards but his short game is just ok. Henry must not allow the East receivers to get behind them. East's defense is more of a sell out defense. They will blitz alot and play man coverage. Be ready for a 50 style defense with the LB's coming. This will cause problems early until Henry's offensive line adjusts and then I think Henry will control the ball with the run mixed with some pass. East defensive front is just ok and can be trapped which Henry will do. Bottom line if East has a chance to win it will be by out scoring Henry. Good luck to both teams and I hope I helped.

The YANKER's information has come from the NS coaching staff...a group that I would assume your coach has spoken with since NS played East a few weeks ago. The fans from Memphis who post on here seem to support this position.

The YANKER's information has come from the NS coaching staff...a group that I would assume your coach has spoken with since NS played East a few weeks ago. The fans from Memphis who post on here seem to support this position.

That still doesn't mean I have to like it. Are you going to know enough about both teams to give us a Thursday prediction?

That still doesn't mean I have to like it. Are you going to know enough about both teams to give us a Thursday prediction?

The YANKER knows ALL!!!!! The prediction will come. I will absorb all that I can this week and the score will come as always. The fan clubs can count on the YANKER to be around for a while longer. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

News flash..This game will be around a 30 point win for HC. The bus ride, coupled with the distractions that go with travel,(bus, eating, etc) will be a negative for a team that is not used to travel. Couple that with the fact that East is facing the best football team they have seen this year( and they will soon realize it) it will be hard for them to "get started". I see HC scoring early and often essentially putting the East team in a hole they will find impossible to dig out of. Final...HC 38 - East 6!

News flash..This game will be around a 30 point win for HC. The bus ride, coupled with the distractions that go with travel,(bus, eating, etc) will be a negative for a team that is not used to travel. Couple that with the fact that East is facing the best football team they have seen this year( and they will soon realize it) it will be hard for them to "get started". I see HC scoring early and often essentially putting the East team in a hole they will find impossible to dig out of. Final...HC 38 - East 6!

I was about to get mad at you for all of your substance abuse comments, but I like you more and more after this post. Keep up the good work.

It seems that the Commercial Appeal's players of the week for last week's games are both from 8-4A teams for the City of Memphis section of the paper. I keep CoachT updated with the CA's 'players of the week', as well as, the 'Commercial Appeals Dandy Dozen' when it comes out every Tuesday. Here is the Link below:

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=140804

It appears that Mark and Nico had outstanding games for East and Fairley respectively. Mark is a 5'-10", 224 lb RB/LB? Wow, that's a load! I know I kept seeing his name pop up in all of the East's stats in the Saturday paper. I had no idea of his size nor that he is just a sophomore! Dang! He had 163 yards on offense AND 12 tackles on defense? Lawd have mercy! All year long it's been about the QB and the other RB or the WR. Now I'm reading about THIS guy too! I'll be honest ... I had no idea about him even though East usually does have a bruiser in the backfield.

Then I turn around and read about Nico from Fairley .... 12 SOLO tackles! You have got to be kidding me! SOLO? ... AND a fumble recovery and two QB sacks! Man ... the more I read about that Fairley 'D' the more I am impressed. I remember hearing the Fairley football coach talking about his corners/WR on the coaches show on the radio after the games one Friday night. I remember him saying that they were basketball players who he convinced that at 6'-2" and 6'-3" they would be just average ... but in football they could be tremendously better then just average and that they were playing exceptionally well and were extroidinarily gifted. Now I'm reading about this LB who is a 6'-1", 220 lb junior!

Whew! ... I'm having a hard time figuring out who I am going to go watch ... Melrose @ Melrose or Fairley @ J.P. Freeman. Since I'm a Whitehaven alumn ... I'm leaning towards Fairley.

Yep, this is true. They are very athletic. A high powered offense with some serious play makers. However, their defense is average at best. This means that we should not have issues getting the ball in the endzone. Our defense on the other hand, though not as powerful stat wise as last year, is a good defense. We have held teams with high powered players to 14 to 21 points. Our offense will be capable of scoring 35 to 42. I am not predicting that kind of score necessarily, but a few key stops by our defense gives the Patriots a definitive edge.

Good to hear. I stick with my score

HC 42

East 12

Bring on Melrose. We have been waiting for this since last year.

News flash..This game will be around a 30 point win for HC. I see HC scoring early and often essentially putting the East team in a hole they will find impossible to dig out of. Final...HC 38 - East 6!

I agree.......SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE.......There's going to a killing up in Paris and I believe the victum will be East. 35-0

What's so bad is the beating will be worst than the score.

Some more news!!!

Melrose will have to work harder this first round than ever before and the Melrose fans will be getting worried about things to come. The road will not get easier after Hardin Co.

Fairley beats a Brighton team that's struggling to find a win these last 4 weeks.

Munford beats a Raliegh Egypt team with only 2 wins and one of those is against Memphis Northside who hasn't won a game in 3 years!!!

ANYONE SEE IT DIFFERENT?

Edited by QBncharge

The NS coaching staff not only has talked with the HC coaches, they gave them 3 tapes since tape swapping is taboo in the Memphis area. We are doing our part to support the region.

I am thinking about coming up there for this game, but I might wait until the week when HC plays Munford if all teams take care of business. I want to see the game and the battle of the bands.