BLOWOUT GAMES

GoingInsane

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys know in Connecticut if a teams wins by 50+ the coach is suspended for 1 game.

A ridiculous rule. Almost as stupid as any coach that would leave starters in the game to run up the score and risk injury when he has reserves to put in the game. If your second and third string hang 50 up in the second half, more power to ya. The kids deserve to play hard. IMHO, if you play your reserves, don't throw the ball and basically run up the middle, the score is wherever it falls. There are some coaches in Tennessee that probably deserve some suspensions for things they have done, but that Connecticut rule is just plain dumb.

Last year Alcoa beat Gatlinburg Pitman 91-7 or something like that. IT WAS 70-0 AT THE HALF. Alcoa played the freshman for basiclly the entire second half and they still put up 21 on them.Either a really bad year or a lack of class.

I know this truth will start something, but Alcoa had starters in the game most of the third qtr. Before you pounce on me, check the box score. Running up the score on any team is un-classly.

McKenzie 62

South Fulton 0

Subs were put in in the second quarter.

My vote is with this one too V&T1! In the second qtr. McKenzie was playing b-teamers and the entire second half was played by our young players. South Fulton is working on some serious problems and shows promise for the future but, tonight was a hammerin'!!!!!

Simply put, you can't tell the younger kids to go out there and choke!!!!!! They want to do well as much as anyone else. And, they have worked just as hard for their chance to play.

Edited by duckman38201