• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more to go, Not a done deal yet. Need to wrap it up in 5. A loss tonight and Tigers go back home with Rogers in game 6, could suddenly be facing game 7.

Huge win last night. Suppan wasn't as sharp as in NLCS, but he kept them in game and Birds made a good comeback. Maybe offensive game plan should be for everyone to bunt ball back to pitcher--4 errors by pitchers, unbelievable, but this is first one that had a big impact on game outcome.

ONE MORE W to #10.

One more to go, Not a done deal yet. Need to wrap it up in 5. A loss tonight and Tigers go back home with Rogers in game 6, could suddenly be facing game 7.

Huge win last night. Suppan wasn't as sharp as in NLCS, but he kept them in game and Birds made a good comeback. Maybe offensive game plan should be for everyone to bunt ball back to pitcher--4 errors by pitchers, unbelievable, but this is first one that had a big impact on game outcome.

ONE MORE W to #10.

Got my tickets and I'm on my way today to St. Loouie........need to win tonight. We don't want to go back to Detroit.........

I warned everyone on the Cards-Mets board that the long layoff might make the Tigers a little rusty and now they are playing poor baseball. They are making critical mistakes. The kind of mistakes that you can not make and win a World Series although I am surprised that this series is not tied. I thought the Cardinals would slow down a hot Tigers team but I did not believe that the Cards would be up 3-1. They have done an outstanding job. Now Larussa is in a great position but they need to wrap this thing up tonight. They do not want to go back to Detroit with new life.

I warned everyone on the Cards-Mets board that the long layoff might make the Tigers a little rusty and now they are playing poor baseball. They are making critical mistakes. The kind of mistakes that you can not make and win a World Series although I am surprised that this series is not tied. I thought the Cardinals would slow down a hot Tigers team but I did not believe that the Cards would be up 3-1. They have done an outstanding job. Now Larussa is in a great position but they need to wrap this thing up tonight. They do not want to go back to Detroit with new life.

I`m gonna make a prediction that if it goes back to Detroit the Tigers will win this series. I hope not, but it`s just a gut feeling.

When is game 6 and 7 scheduled? Did they move those back?

Well gents, ol' Sol is back home after seeing game 4. My tickets were for game 5, but because of the rainout, my tickets became game 4, and game 4 tickets became tickets for tonight's game 5. Anybody confused yet? The wife and I discussed sticking around and figured tickets would be even more outlandish, so I will be watching game 5 from the recliner. Nonetheless, that was best baseball game I have ever seen in person. Knoxville has nothing on St. Louis in supporting it's favorite team (the Rams are a distant 2nd still).

Let's go Cards!!!!!

Best moment? Easily, when Monroe missed that ball. :o

Well you are in the drivers seat and let me tell you from experience that after you get to 3 wins the games are gut wrenching to watch. You will be more nervous than the players. I remember watching my beloved Sox sweep the uh... sorry the Cardinals, game 4 was by far the hardest to watch. :unsure: