:rolleyes:

Regardless, I dont believe that it had an effect on the game! Had the Cards bashed 7 hits and 5 runs over the next 4 innings, there could be an argument, but the Cards didnt do nothing after he washed his hands!

The question still remains......what if whatever it was got transferred to his glove?

Rest assured, if he even looks like he is sweating in Game 6, TLR will have him stripped down on the mound searching for something.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually...............they've got pictures of whatever he had on his hand against both the Yankees and from earlier in the season. Plus, dirt isn't yellow/light-brown color that is that can be seen that distinctly as what what was on his hand. Third, look where it where it was on his hand. The ball would never touch there.

I don't know what it is, and it's a moot point (unless whatever was on his hand got transferred to his glove in the 2nd inning) unless there is a Game 6, at which point you will see some fun baseball gamesmanship. The only thing I don't understand is why they didn't call for him to be further inspected. Oh well. I don't care too much, I like where the Cards sit.

Just to add evidence:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

Who believes it was still dirt?

I don't believe it was dirt, but, unless he threw his hand to home plate instead of the baseball, I don't see it as relevant. An examination of all the available SI photograph shows no discoloration on any of the baseballs. Should it have been removed (it was) and examined (it wasn't)? Yes? Would anyone intent on cheating put his altering substance in plain view of umpires, TV cameras, and opposing coachee, when he had the inside of the glove, the cap and an entire right hand which would not be seen at all during the delivery as places of deposit?

Plus, no issues were brought up during any of Rogers' 20+ starts. And, of course, the obvious, Cardinal bats had no more success in hitting what came out of Rogers' clean left hand than out of his dirty left hand.

Who cares about Rogers hand, I'm tired of hearing about it, Cardinals aren't whining about it, the media just won't let it go.

Now to the important stuff--Cards up 2-1, need to win tonight. Carpenter was awesome, Jimmy did what Jimmy does--2 wins away.

BTW, all those better teams than the Cardinals you mention are sitting home watching the Cardinals beat the Tigers 2 out of 3 so far, and if they can scrape together 2 more wins, they will be watcging them become World Champions, the best team in all of baseball. Still a long way to go, need Suppan to throw another gem and bring that "Magic Number" down to 1.

Is it suppose to be raining there tonight? I think Solomon is on his way up to St. Louis as we speak.

Or maybe he`s not...He had tickets to game 5 which was originally suppose to be played tonight. But I guess he may still be in Knoxville since tonight is actually game 4 and it`s in doubt of being played. Sol...where ya at?