Dobyns-Bennent, State Champs?

Rolltribe37

If I had ment when, I wouldn't of said if.

I will use "when" in a sentance for you to illustrate.

It has been a slaughter the last two years when DB and Tennessee High played.

Better illustration..''If'' we choke in the first round. . OR... "When "we choke in the first round .It will be the same ole same ole. :blink:

Edited by couch qb

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better illustration..''If'' we choke in the first round. . OR... "When "we choke in the first round .It will be the same ole same ole. :blink:

Looking back at the TNHigh playoff success that statement could apply to them as well. One appearance in the semis (2004), a blowout to Maryville. Yes DB was 1 and done last year to a pretty good Ooltewah team and a toe stub to William Blount in 2001, but other than that it has been 3rd round or higher to include 3 trips to the semis in the Graham Clark era (1998, 2000, 2002) to go with 6 quarterfinal appearances...so while no championships it kind of throws a wrench in the "DB always loses in the 1st round" arguement...that is a myth. But what is fact is that TN high has made it to even the quarters only twice since 1990...one the afor mentioned drubbing by Maryville in the semis (49-0) and a 2001 loss to Mo West. During that same time TNHigh has missed the playoffs 6 times while DB has played 14 straight post seasons. So who should wear the choke label?

When a #1 seed loses to a #4 seed....that is either a choke or an upset.

When a #4 seed loses to a #1 seed....that was supposed to happen.

I think the choke label has been earned by most every school at one time or another. Like Maroon stated above...just getting to the post season is a tremendous accomplishment and in the playoffs anything can happen. Whether you call it a choke or an upset is in the eye of the beholder and which set of bleachers your setting in. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Looking back at the TNHigh playoff success that statement could apply to them as well. One appearance in the semis (2004), a blowout to Maryville. Yes DB was 1 and done last year to a pretty good Ooltewah team and a toe stub to William Blount in 2001, but other than that it has been 3rd round or higher to include 3 trips to the semis in the Graham Clark era (1998, 2000, 2002) to go with 6 quarterfinal appearances...so while no championships it kind of throws a wrench in the "DB always loses in the 1st round" arguement...that is a myth. But what is fact is that TN high has made it to even the quarters only twice since 1990...one the afor mentioned drubbing by Maryville in the semis (49-0) and a 2001 loss to Mo West. During that same time TNHigh has missed the playoffs 6 times while DB has played 14 straight post seasons. So who should wear the choke label?

Tennessee hasn't lost an upset since '97 unless you count this year's South game as an upset. Every other loss was against a better team or an overall favorite.

Tennessee has gone to the playoffs every year since Greg Stubbs has been the head coach. Before Stubbs, Tennessee was used to either losing in the first round or not making the playoffs at all, so I consider that an improvement.

Edited by THSVikings2004

And also don't forget. In every Tennessee High playoff loss, the game was closer than the score.

.......well except against Maryville. In that game it was far worse than the score.

You Viking people need to go pick on someone that you are at least better than......like Sullivan Central. ;)

Actually Waco, two of the Morristown West games were pretty close at the half before West finally ran away with it. ;)

Just don't go picking on teams like Karns and WB :lol:

Dobyns Bennent is ranked number 1 in the state and don't look like their going to slow down? Can they be stopped. Can they go all the way?

If I was a betting man, I`d have to say no. Anyone familiar with TN high school football knows that DB is pretty much the best 5A team in upper E. Tenn. It`s not unusual at all for them to go undefeated in the regular season. It`s just those silly playoff games that give them trouble.

I`m not putting down DB. They have a tremendous and very respected program. It`s just that recent past history says they won`t win the Gold Ball.

At first I thought well of course it would take six of you to take me on, but then again how could you possibly get six people that stupid in one room. ;) Then I thought well of course, its a bunch of DB fans. Theres no way a DB fan would be hangin' out with you and I am Gay.

It's not taking 6 to take you on Don't get excited WaCoff We just take turns making fun of you. As for you don't think a DB fan would be stupid enough to hang out with us................................You are Stupid enough to keep talking back to us and I think you are a DB fan so there you go :lol: The Db fan just left but He said to tell you he would see you at the game Friday. He will be the one laughing at you ;)

SEE YA WaCoff

Just pullin WaCo's chain..don't get all bent outta shape..unless i was pullin your chain to. And by the way we made the semi's in 95 lost to cleveland.

Tennessee hasn't lost an upset since '97 unless you count this year's South game as an upset. Every other loss was against a better team or an overall favorite.

Tennessee has gone to the playoffs every year since Greg Stubbs has been the head coach. Before Stubbs, Tennessee was used to either losing in the first round or not making the playoffs at all, so I consider that an improvement.

Elizabethton game in '03 @ the Castle. Elizabethton was no favorite. I guess the only time DB got upset besides the playoffs, was that same year @ Karns. Greeneville beat them a year before that too. I really dont think you can call that an upset. G'ville was really good. They killed Eliz and TN High that year. I thought they would have beaten Mo West that year but lost. Cody Baugh was a great QB.